Is FS19 missing something?

chedly_farms

Is FS19 missing something?

Post by chedly_farms »

The more I play FS19, the more I feel that it's just missing something that FS17 had. The new lighting system is nice, and the detail in graphics at close range is improved. I've got close to 300 hours into Marwell now, which is the more than I had on any 17 map, and I do have fun playing, but the more I play, the stronger the urge is to go back and play on FS17. And I'm trying to figure out why that is.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
AgPro Farms

Re: Is FS19 missing something?

Post by AgPro Farms »

Seasons maybe? I don't feel I've been as in depth in 19 without Seasons. It just feels maybe more structured with it? Not sure if that's the right word.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Yes I agree as in fs17 we did not have seasons until it came out so we didn't miss it as for fs19 we know what seasons will bring so the game doesn't seam complete without it
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Yep. I've put a fair amount of hours into 19 so far, but it seems more like I'm just piddling rather than really getting after it with not having seasons. It's almost like when seasons drops, then it'll be gametime. Ha.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

For PC at least, the lack of factory scripts is still annoying.
I was just getting into them on FS17 before 19 came out so I still go back and play with them sometimes.
In all though, 19 is better than 17 in most areas I think.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

I think the game becomes more enjoyable 1 year after release, when you add all the good mods toghether (like seasons, some cool maps, different scripts and equipment). After we get seasons and all the goodies from ModContest (for which I cant wait) the game should be more interesting to play.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Indeed, something is different what is pulling me back to older FS series:
1. Music was more into it, let's say more farming style. Now the music is too modern, does not make the right feeling anymore.
2. Graphics was more homey, not so realistic, but more different style i would like to see in farming game. FS15 had the same style
graphics. Lot of new games the graphics has gone too realistic and does not give the right feeling anymore.
3. Nice sounding tractors.

It was never the Seasons, did not use seasons much in FS17. Did not like it.

Here are the reasons what keep me in FS19:
1. Better looking and better choice of equipment.
2. Better gameplay and game features
3. Machinery handling is much better, machinery feels more heavy.
4. New interesting maps and mods coming all the time, after FS19 came out, people stopped adding new stuff to FS17.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

No, FS19 has everything FS17 had, plus several new features making it a more complete game than FS17 was. But as others are pointing out, you probably used mods in FS17 that aren't yet released for FS19, giving a less complete experience.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

IceUul wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:26 pm Indeed, something is different what is pulling me back to older FS series:
1. Music was more into it, let's say more farming style. Now the music is too modern, does not make the right feeling anymore.
2. Graphics was more homey, not so realistic, but more different style i would like to see in farming game. FS15 had the same style
graphics. Lot of new games the graphics has gone too realistic and does not give the right feeling anymore.
3. Nice sounding tractors.

It was never the Seasons, did not use seasons much in FS17. Did not like it.

Here are the reasons what keep me in FS19:
1. Better looking and better choice of equipment.
2. Better gameplay and game features
3. Machinery handling is much better, machinery feels more heavy.
4. New interesting maps and mods coming all the time, after FS19 came out, people stopped adding new stuff to FS17.
I think I agree with what you say about the graphics being more homey on 17 and the engine sounds sounding better. Although I do like the sounds of all the John Deere is except for the 6M.

As detailed as FS 19 map sorry I just feel like you lose something, and Marwell Manor and Meadow Grove probably come the closest to 17 maps as anything in the game, which is probably why I'm drawn to these two maps.

Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:41 pm
Check out this one: https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=205582.0 Its comming for Contest. I am sure you will like it :mrgreen:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I too believe it is seasons, we need it back for the game to be great again. Currently I'm in between maps waiting on something from Redkeinstus, and I think a good map can make or break the game.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

OlavEmil wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:27 pm No, FS19 has everything FS17 had, plus several new features making it a more complete game than FS17 was. But as others are pointing out, you probably used mods in FS17 that aren't yet released for FS19, giving a less complete experience.
It doesn't have to do with mods or seasons. I'm a visual guy, and I feel with as far as the graphics have come, we lost something. As someone mentioned above, 17 has a "home" feeling.

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

In my view, there's something wrong with the feel of the game: The walking camera position is too low, the changing light levels at the ends of the day are too clunky, the physics makes the vehicles too bouncy, the in-cab sounds are too muted and the painted metal is far, far too glossy. The net result is it feels like playing with toy tractors.

We also miss seasons. Without seasons it is a tractor-driving game, not a farming game.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

If I am not mistanken OxygenDavid tweaked the light system in the game. Thats also one of the reason Marwell and Oak maps look good. And its a step in a right dirrection. Vanilla light system is a bit ... hm .. too shiney and has to vibrant colors.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I don't find any features missing from the base game. The same kind of thing was said about FS17 vs 15 too (and to me FS15 is the weakest of the series). It's a nostalgia thing. Missing the maps, buildings, equipment, etc... from the old game.

I do miss the sounds of FS17 a little bit, but FS19 still gets some things right sound wise that FS17 didn't so I think a combination of both would be perfect. Again, there were people that said FS15's sounds were better than FS17's. The lighting is also better in a lot of ways but not as good in a few ways. I think we've reached the point visually where the vehicles and equipment are almost photo-realistic down to the last bolt but the environment is very much behind so it's kind of off-putting.

But yeah, it's missing seasons but that was a mod so I don't really count that.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!