For all the JHHG fans

village80

Re: For all the JHHG fans

Post by village80 »

So siid. CM and 3 others that I know of have had problems with JHHG.
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

So much drama for a game.
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

eight_lugs wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 pm So much drama for a game.
if you put as much effort into something like what they do, you would be mad if someone stole your work too, wouldnt you?
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Walrusman02 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:36 pm
eight_lugs wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 pm So much drama for a game.
if you put as much effort into something like what they do, you would be mad if someone stole your work too, wouldnt you?
If you release a mod you can’t expect someone not to steal it. Just the way people are.
Guil

Post by Guil »

For a minute I thought I read my name haha. I'll leave this be as long as it doesn't descend into wild accusations or arguments.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

The problem I have with him is I paid him the 20usd to support him and he revoked my access to beta test his mods because someone else leaked a beta mod. That was like half the cost of the game I gave him.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Rbk_3 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:46 am The problem I have with him is I paid him the 20usd to support him and he revoked my access to beta test his mods because someone else leaked a beta mod. That was like half the cost of the game I gave him.
Well from what you typed here, you donated to support him? Or did you pay him for access to his mods?

If it’s the first one there really isn’t an issue, you did a nice thing for a modder, something a lot of us have done.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:07 am
Rbk_3 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:46 am The problem I have with him is I paid him the 20usd to support him and he revoked my access to beta test his mods because someone else leaked a beta mod. That was like half the cost of the game I gave him.
Well from what you typed here, you donated to support him? Or did you pay him for access to his mods?

If it’s the first one there really isn’t an issue, you did a nice thing for a modder, something a lot of us have done.
Even if it was the latter though, isn't it his money? Shouldn't he be able to do as he wishes?
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

As soon as money is involved, whether as a "donation" or not there are always going to be situations like this. As modding is a hobby for these folks, why are donations even a thing? It wouldn't even enter my head to ask for or give donations for modding.
I presume most modders are doing it because they enjoy it and no one is forcing them to share their mods so why do they even need donations?
As for paying to test or get early access to mods, that's just nuts. As long as folks are willing to pay money for mods then there will be people willing to exploit that situation.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Paid mods are always a scam. I have such experience from ETS2. I paid 10€ for a mod, after someone leaked it (Idk if that even true, but thats what modder said) the modder decided to block all the download links and stoped the support for that mod. The guy just took our money, pulled out from modding and thats it. After a while, he will just make another site and scam other people. And you have a mod thats useless on the latest version of the game. I learned that hard way. Never buying anything that havent an official licence.
That early beta "donation" is a pure bullcrap.
Dont sell mods, just keep them private or release them for free. Anyway is ilegal if you dont have a license agreement with the manufacturer and you sell the mods or put them behind some fake ass "beta testing".
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I don't understand how people can charge money ( wether an actual fee or "donation" ) for mods that they don't have a license for. That is illegal. IMO have your mods released through Giants and that's all. And if someone wants to take "parts" of another mod to make an American version or whatever, you ask communicate with who made those parts in the first place, and then when it's all finished you ask them if the want to be credited with helping create it. If modders are doing it for the community and for the players, they should have no issues with that. If they are doing it for the money, go away, we don't want you in our community.

Being said that I have no issues with modders have a patreon account on say Facebook or something, to help with computer expenses and upgrades.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Donations are fine. Modders can do amazing things and I have no issue with them getting some support for their work and efforts. But putting their work behind a pay wall is BS. Modders should release all their mods freely to the community and be happy that others enjoy their work.

If they have no intention of releasing a mod they shoulden't be posting pics and status updates on it, that's a jerk move...
If they do release it they shoulden't get mad nor expect others not to tweak it, and release that (as long as their name is in credits and noted as original author). But anyone tweaking a mod and releasing it should give credits to the original author as much as they can (as far as putting a link to the authors site if they have one).

This is a game that we all pay to play and Giants gives us the tools to make mods freely so the community can more easily create more content or edit content. This isen't an mmo where others are affected by mods, let people play the way they want...
PC gamer.
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

If you release your own original mod publicly on the internet you haven't automatically given up your rights to it. So people cannot do whatever they want to it.

Creative copyright law is quite straight forward on this matter.

With regards Farm Sim mods, once the model has been ingamed using GE you have automatically agreed when you brought the game to share that creative copyright licence with GIANTS.

No one else has any right to change or alter it at all.

However most modders have no issue with people editing there mod for your own personal use.

The only time modders have an issue is when people take there original work and publish it without permission.

If you have spent hundreds of hours making something from scratch it's only right to respect what that person has done.

You wouldn't rip off a musican's song or an artists painting and feel it was ok to pass it off as your own. Creative copyright applies to all.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Ritchie wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:36 am As soon as money is involved, whether as a "donation" or not there are always going to be situations like this. As modding is a hobby for these folks, why are donations even a thing? It wouldn't even enter my head to ask for or give donations for modding.
I presume most modders are doing it because they enjoy it and no one is forcing them to share their mods so why do they even need donations?
As for paying to test or get early access to mods, that's just nuts. As long as folks are willing to pay money for mods then there will be people willing to exploit that situation.
That is exactly my point. In this situation, it takes two to tango. It takes the modder to be shady and ask for money/donations, but it also takes the player to be willing to pay. Situations like that are easily avoidable. Granted, I don't know anything about this modder in question. He is obviously not very reputable.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
NelTopFarms23

Post by NelTopFarms23 »

From what I've seen there or 4 modders have accused jhhg of stealing.... honestly I think it's true because jhhg continues to trash the so called liars because he got banned from future modhub releases yet those liars have much better attitudes within the modding community tbh jmo but I think jhhg is just an immature git who's stealing others work