John deere

vondeylenfarms

Re: John deere

Post by vondeylenfarms » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Let's face it here...look at the amount of downloads the new version of the 8R got in just 24hrs. I enjoy the Great plains planter and others, but I'm also in board with more JD or even Case IH brand equipment. I think for giants, and as stated above, people would pay for that dlc. Planters, cultivators ECT that match the tractors pulling them. It probably won't happen, but if they don't do it maybe talented modders will try and see if can pass for modhub?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however not racist we own some green :coolnew: )

Platform-PS4

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:58 pm

The problem is that most of GIANTS' customers will still be based in Europe and GIANTS' were dealing with the European branch of John Deere (who will supply all the data and technical drawings and so on).

While I'm sure there are a fair number of American players of FS and despite the fact that this area of the forum is now almost dominated by American players (most of the non-American FS community tend to use Discord or other forums), the fact remains that GIANTS will generally focus on their most popular regions until they can guarantee more profit by focusing elsewhere. Obviously I don't have the stats as GIANTS don't release sales figures never mind a breakdown of regions, but I wouldn't be surprised if their European player base outweighs all the other non-European players combined.

GIANTS will obviously know where the game sold most and whether an American/John Deere themed DLC will sell enough to make it worthwhile. That a few people on a forum want one isn't going to convince them, so this recurring theme is getting rather tiresome.

There's more chance of more DLCs with FS19 than previous games though as I expect that the next game is still more than two years away (FS22 rather than FS21), judging by how frantic and clunky the FS19 release seemed to be. So in that regard there is still a good chance of more John Deere equipment, along with the other brands in the game (obviously as well as at least one new brand which should be announced soon).

OldNinja79

John Deere

Post by OldNinja79 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:28 pm

I know there is s bigger series of JD tractors. When will those be available?

Edit don_apple: post moved from separate topic into already existing one where John Deere is discussed.

Hogger

Post by Hogger » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:36 pm

I see the 9RT is back in testing, maybe Friday we will have another new toy to compliment the new patch! I am kind of curious though why Giants always seem to post about an anticipated mod going into testing, just before a bank holiday?

Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:01 pm

this_is_gav wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:58 pm
Thats awesome comment *thumbsup* I hope it will reach the majority of people who participate here on this forum. It will help them to understand the situation more. And reduce all the rage.
I know some guys from USA get frustraded from the lack of Amrican style machines in the game, but lets stay realistic. Nothing can change too fast. USA market is for Giants fairly new thing and they are still learning it. Anderson DLC was first step in that direction. I am pretty sure there still some pretty awesome things for us in the piplines.

GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:53 pm

I just want my Case IH Axial-Flow 7130 back. The 9230 is already in the game, and the 1660 came as a mod. I'll be content if they would just give me my 7130 back. With that, all my field equipment would be complete. All of my equipment would be complete. Unless of course they bring in CLAAS, then I wouldn't mind not getting my harvester back. My FS17 fleet, once I was done running the Classics, Massey 135, the MF Old Generation and of course the FORD TW's with the Fortschritt Harvester. I pretty much went along the lines of upgrades with... I have everything but my 7130 :frown:. Though, I still want my Fords and Massey's and Classics back, too! :coolnew: :lol:

Field: Tractor: 1455 XL > Optum > Quadtrack / Harvester: 1660 > 7130 > 9230
Hay/Silage: Deutz AgroStar 6.61 > Series 7 > Series 9
Animal Care: NH 8340 > NH T6 > and NH T7
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.

DeereJason

Post by DeereJason » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:10 am

this_is_gav wrote:
"a fair number of American players of FS"
That's cute. Do you think Giants sales skyrocketed in the past few gears because they found more avenues in Europe?

Anything marketable explodes in volume when the US is involved. I dont care how popular something is in Europe, the United States is THE market.

As far as where the designs come from...there are no 8R or 7R tractors built in Europe. The S-series combines only started manufacturing in Europe AFTER they were developed and manufactured in Moline.

All licensing is done in the USA. Designs are just as easily submitted online and would likely be regardless of origin.

Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 am

DeereJason wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:10 am
this_is_gav wrote:
That's cute. Do you think Giants sales skyrocketed in the past few gears because they found more avenues in Europe?

Anything marketable explodes in volume when the US is involved. I dont care how popular something is in Europe, the United States is THE market.

As far as where the designs come from...there are no 8R or 7R tractors built in Europe. The S-series combines only started manufacturing in Europe AFTER they were developed and manufactured in Moline.

All licensing is done in the USA. Designs are just as easily submitted online and would likely be regardless of origin.
Plus I am pretty sure the S790 was American. It had the American slow moving sign and flashers
PC: 9600k/1080ti

ConnerFarms1786

Post by ConnerFarms1786 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:59 pm

I just want to see a few implements come out that would be nice

Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:49 pm

Rbk_3 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 am
DeereJason wrote:
this_is_gav wrote:

Plus I am pretty sure the S790 was American. It had the American slow moving sign and flashers

But it had clamp duals
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo

garyst

Post by garyst » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:59 pm

^^ and the wide tire option is more like the standard tire option in the U.S. the wide tire option should be more like the rear lsw tire option on the American JD 8r mod. And the tracks are European style also.

Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:28 am

Walrusman02 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:49 pm
Rbk_3 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 am
DeereJason wrote:

But it had clamp duals
Ah yeah I forgot about that. I started using a mod version once it was released.
PC: 9600k/1080ti