Static Noise (in-cab)

RODHA

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Post by RODHA »

It might be because of the sound range your device supports.
I use Playstation Gold Headset on PS4 Pro. So, I'm sure compatibility issues are not existent.
Besides I also tried 2 more different headsets. A Sennheiser and a Bose. Both wired being different than the Gold.
All the same result. I couldn't find the sound range of Gold but the other two are quite wide.
In addition to that hearing is quite a variable thing between individuals.
Some can hear things or bothered by them while other don't even notice.
One thing is for sure. The issue is real and it is there and Giants has all the hardware and software to detect and fix it.
The question is will they?
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

I can't hear it on my phone or pc with the speakers or headset or earphones in my phone.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Both of us are not alon mate :biggrin2:
And if you are from the "don't hear anything" group then believe me you are lucky because the other group is being annoyed like hell atm.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Could it be something external causing it? Any power wires touching your display cable? I could be wrong but I think it's only 2 of ye that have reported the issue so far.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I use Playstation Gold Headset (wireless) on PS4 Pro. So, I'm sure compatibility issues are not existent with it.
Besides I also tried 2 more different headsets. A Sennheiser and a Bose. Both wired to the controller. All the same result. Believe me it is not a hardware issue.

Lastly, not everyone comes into forum and speaks out their problems about the game.
If there is more than one person explaining the exact same issue then it means the issue is there.

The thing is this one heavly depends on the capabilities of the hardware used and the persons hearing range.
Hence, not everyone is suffering from it.
But that kind of technical issue is always measurable with the proper equipment (hardware or software).
So, if Giants wants to investigate this they will surely find out what is wrong.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

I never said compatibility issues. Any wireless devices close by that could causing interference with the Bluetooth controller or have you got power wires running along your HDMI lead, as I already asked?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I was just giving additional information. I didn't mean that you said something about compatibility issues.
And as I don't use the HDMI connection for carrying the sound there can't be any electromagnetic interference in that respect.
Besides non of those would affect a video recording. Thats why you asked me to record a video in the first place right?
And the video I recorded has that exact same static noise we have been talking about.
But it is also noticeable for some and not for others.
So, the argument kinda stays the same. There is an issue but it doesn't affect everybody in the same way.
PS5 / FS22
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

I haven't been playing fs19 recently but will add to this after listening to the video.

I can clearly hear a buzzing as is being described on my phone. And I will try it out with pc when I can get on it and report back.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

No point really. Just got word from Lethian. He says they looked into it and as the sound files are fine on their end nothing will be done.
PS5 / FS22
theMavric

Post by theMavric »

I just wanted to throw this out there just in case it might help. I don't own a PS4 but I understand the annoyance of having bad audio. I did a few searches and came across this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1 ... sing_your/

Again, it may be something worth looking into. If it's completely unrelated, my apologies!
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thank you for the suggestion theMavric :hi:
But for me this issue started right after update 1.4 and it happens only with the incab sounds and it doesn't happen in any other game, movies, music, etc.
Besides, if it was a sidetone issue it wouldn't have been recorded in a video.
But this static noise is also in the video I recorded.
It is a game issue no matter what Giants says.
PS5 / FS22
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Right then now that I'm able to write a longer reply.

I can only really feel sorry for you guys. It's from issues like this that I haven't touched the game in months since release (fps ones for me). I know how infuriating it is, especially when its not on all setups/ears so some don't see the issue. It's actually why I've been so inactive on the forums lately.

I would have gone on agreeing with the comments about different hardware and hearing but as said probably not much point now.

I hope the issue isn't so bad for everyone that it stops them playing. And a really wish giants could find it on their end.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
cookedust

Post by cookedust »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:44 pm No point really. Just got word from Lethian. He says they looked into it and as the sound files are fine on their end nothing will be done.
"shocking" :lol:

So because some guys at Giants "can't hear anything" they decide to write this off as it's nothing serious or even worth to investigate any further.
What a great way to treat your consumers and the people who's trying to help you and the state of the game just for you to say "screw that, we can't see or hear anything".

There is nothing wrong with anyones hardware, if you guys read through the topic you would not even mention hardware as it's obviously a game-engine related issue that was born with patch 1.4, as i already told you a million times by now. If i change to 1.3 beta on Steam (or any older version), this issue is completely gone. When i install 1.4 OR 1.4.1 the issue is back again. I was in a multiplayer game yesterday with two people who also noticed a lot of distortion/noise when accelerating with the Case IH 1660 harvester from the indoorcamera. And i don't mean the volume itself, as in "the volume is too loud", i mean i hear scratchy, annoying, distorted and god awful static noise when a machine is working under load while driving from the indoorcamera.

I'm not only hearing noise, i hear the load sound sample playing as it normally would, but it's topped with a buzzing static noise.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cookedust wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:42 pm
RODHA wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:44 pm No point really. Just got word from Lethian. He says they looked into it and as the sound files are fine on their end nothing will be done.
"shocking" :lol:

So because some guys at Giants "can't hear anything" they decide to write this off as it's nothing serious or even worth to investigate any further.
What a great way to treat your consumers and the people who's trying to help you and the state of the game just for you to say "screw that, we can't see or hear anything".

There is nothing wrong with anyones hardware, if you guys read through the topic you would not even mention hardware as it's obviously a game-engine related issue that was born with patch 1.4, as i already told you a million times by now. If i change to 1.3 beta on Steam (or any older version), this issue is completely gone. When i install 1.4 OR 1.4.1 the issue is back again. I was in a multiplayer game yesterday with two people who also noticed a lot of distortion/noise when accelerating with the Case IH 1660 harvester from the indoorcamera. And i don't mean the volume itself, as in "the volume is too loud", i mean i hear scratchy, annoying, distorted and god awful static noise when a machine is working under load while driving from the indoorcamera.

I'm not only hearing noise, i hear the load sound sample playing as it normally would, but it's topped with a buzzing static noise.
They know exactly what we are talking about. It is just easier to deny rather than spending resources to fix a bug that is not affecting everybody.

And as it is not affecting everybody, it will be easily forgotten when neglected.

I have been watching this film over and over again for the past 3 years.
PS5 / FS22
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Is there any update on this problem? I'm playing FS19 for a few weeks now, but this distorted sound is make me thinking to go back to FS17. There are only a few machines less affected by this, like the New Holland T6 for example, what is the only tractor I'm using right now. The sound of FS19 is already not the best, but this makes it terrible and annoying to play the game.

Besides the static noise/distorted sound, also the in-cab sounds are way to loud for most machinery. Actually what are the companies thinking about the high in-cab decibels? Not a very good representing of the real life machinery. For example all in-game John Deere tractors are sounding terrible, way to loud to represent a quiet in-cab environment of a modern tractor. Another example, the Fendt 724 was the most quiet tractor at all or in it class, but then taking the in-game version is making me very sad.

The sounds of FS17 where not correct for the tractors, but way better than what we have now on FS19. I can't say anything about previous patch versions as I play FS19 only for a few weeks, but on this way I'm really regretting my purchase.

I really hope Giants can address this as an issue very soon and fix this. B.t.w., I do not need a headset to hear this static noise / distorted sounds, also with my tv speakers this is clearly noticeable.