Static Noise (in-cab)

RODHA

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Post by RODHA »

There will be no updates on this issue.
Giants knows what is wrong and they already chose to neglect it.
I suggest not to expect anything at all.
PS5 / FS22
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

That not strictly true now is it. According to one of your previous posts, they said that they checked the sound files at their end and found nothing wrong.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

So, they are telling the truth and we are all lying right?
PS5 / FS22
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I didn't say that, but you're previous post contradicted what you had previously said about the response you had received from Giants.
The bit about them knowing what the problem is and refusing to do anything about it is not the case.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It is not contradicting. It is spot on.
Think about it. What would you say in the same situation if it is impossible to publicly admit the bug?
Only thing you can is "we looked into it and there is nothing wrong on our side".
Really? I mean if there is nothing wrong on your side how come more than 1 person is able to hear the problem?
So, it is simple. Either them or us are lying. There is no 3rd alternative here.
And as those people are not all delusional then there is a problem (bug) and Giants prefers to neglect it because trying to fix it will probably require more resources they would like to invest into the issue. Why? Because not everybody can hear it. They can't just neglect everybody's complaint but they can easily neglect a minority's complaint.
PS5 / FS22
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

That is just a conspiracy theory, based on nothing. Stick to the facts please.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

how come the sound doesn't change when I open the windows or doors
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:43 pm That is just a conspiracy theory, based on nothing. Stick to the facts please.
It is good to be so naive. Really.
PS5 / FS22
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Don't be so patronising, I'm not naive.
The facts are that you asked giants about the issue and they told you that they couldn't find any issue with the sound files. That's it, all the rest is you putting two and two together and coming up with seven.
I'm not doubting you are having issues with the sound but jumping to conclusions doesn't help solve the issue. There are so many different setups people can have that can cause all manner of different sound outputs. It doesn't seem reasonable to ask them to check anything other than the part they are responsible for, i.e. the sound files.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

So, Giants says there is nothing wrong on their end and you believe them.
Then I say there is definitely something wrong (along with other people) and you belive me too.
Isn't there something wrong in here? I mean, one or the other doesn't reflect the truth and thats a fact.

Different hardware doesn't cause the exact same problem. Different hardware just makes an existing issue to surface in the same way like all the people here describing the issue in the same way.
These are not fiction. These are facts.

And you are naive because you believe that a commercial company that makes money over a product would never lie about a problem in their product.
Anybody in the world in this day in age who believes that is navie.

It is not patronizing, it is just putting out the simple facts that you have no idea about.

Besides, if I'm patronising, what is with the "stick with facts" order? "Please" doesn't really change anything, you intention is clear.

At the end of the day what you said is your opinion and what I said is mine. If you want to end this argument just accept this fact.
PS5 / FS22
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

RODHA wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:35 pm So, Giants says there is nothing wrong on their end and you believe them.
Then I say there is definitely something wrong (along with other people) and you belive me too.
Isn't there something wrong in here? I mean, one or the other doesn't reflect the truth and thats a fact.
Given that only a few people here are able to replicate the issue suggests to me that suggests it takes a unique combination of factors involved to hear it.

Headphone components, amplifiers (external or those included in devices), sound enhancing software algorithms (again, could be on any device) could all combine to cause such issues. That's all before you consider that different people are able to detect different frequency ranges.

There's no "fact" involved when the sheer number of possibilities is nearly endless (especially when one of those varies from person to person). It's hardly unlikely that GIANTS were unable to replicate it and it certainly doesn't mean that it's a "fact" that they are burying it for no reason whatsoever.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I have no reason not to believe them. Think what you like about me, I just tend to deal with issues like this in a different way. No need to resort to trying to belittle me.
I don't think you're going about this the right way to get a satisfactory solution to you're problem is my opinion.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

RODHA wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:38 pm they can easily neglect a minority's complaint.
Not only can they, but they have to. If they went chasing down every single complaint brought forth by a few here and there, there would be no progress other than fixing things that only a handful of people are having problems with. As a matter of fact, it was because of complaints on here about in-cab sounds being too quiet that led to the update to begin with.

What I hear as "static noise in-cab" is only in the 8R and RT series Deeres (and the 9RT mod since it's the same sound file) and I attribute it to transmission whine/noise under certain conditions. It doesn't sound great, but it doesn't keep me from playing. I can't hear it in any other tractor or equipment that I've used. To me the easiest fix would be to revert back to 1.3 sounds (which I personally thought were better). Then people would complain again that the in-cab noise is too quiet and we'd be right back where we started.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

The John Deer tractors you named really have bad sounds indeed, but for example try the MF Activa 7347 S, you hear it too.
And this MF is just one example, many other machines have the problem too, some are worse then others.

Engine sounds in-cab are too loud right now, but maybe a volume slider for in-cab and another one for outside is a solution.
Together with a rollback of the sound files of 1.3 everybody should be happy, isn't it?

The sound of FS17 we will not get back I suppose, but a sound without distortion would be very nice.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Thread locked at OPs request.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules