Page 2 of 5

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:03 pm
by fenixguy
W1der wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:47 am
I remember from an earlier version of the game, I think it was FS15, one of the larger vehicles had a high pitch whissling noice while doing field work ... it was driving me crazy.
You mean like a turbo?

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:18 pm
by JDFan92
I have noticed that after the 1.4 updates the cab is extraordinarily loud now. Usually, when you go in the cab it should be quieter than outside, most annoying thing since the update.

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:32 pm
by fenixguy
^^^The reason they changed it is because so many people complained it was too quiet. I liked it the way it was personally... I guess it is what it is.

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:21 pm
by W1der
fenixguy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:03 pm
W1der wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:47 am
I remember from an earlier version of the game, I think it was FS15, one of the larger vehicles had a high pitch whissling noice while doing field work ... it was driving me crazy.
You mean like a turbo?
Yes, sort of ...

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:24 pm
by W1der
JDFan92 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:18 pm
I have noticed that after the 1.4 updates the cab is extraordinarily loud now. Usually, when you go in the cab it should be quieter than outside, most annoying thing since the update.
It still is more quite inside than outside ... it depends on how much you zoom out.
This way it is more balanced ... you can hear your tractor while inside the cab and no need to lower the system volume if you go outside.

I guess a setting where you could adjust this according to your personal preference would have been a GREAT idea ... :this:

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:00 pm
by RODHA
Guil wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:58 am
Do a share play and upload a clip to YouTube.
Ok, here is the clip. If you focus on the background you can hear it clearly. When I shut the engine off it is completely gone. Also it doesn’t exist outside the cab.

This is definitely an issue related to the latest tweak on the in cab sounds.

Although that tractor is a 9RT mod, the engine sound is standard 8RT sound and it doesn’t matter which tractor or vehicle you are in. All the same.

Finally, as this is not a bug report anymore can you give a headsup to Lethian or someone else from Giants Guil? So that they can also hear what I mean.


Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:27 pm
by cookedust
I can confirm that the static noise issue is indeed very real and does not only exist in OP's head.
I noticed this right after 1.4 was released and it's very very annoying.

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:36 pm
by RODHA
Thank you very much for backing up cookedust :hi: Highly appreciated.

This thread was originally a bug report but it has been taken out from bug reports for no reason whatsoever.

This is something I have seen Giants do repeatedly. If they want to avoid a problem they try to make it fade away.
Which also shows that this is a real issue and probably one that cannot be solved in FS19.

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:04 pm
by cookedust
@RODHA

Np at all, this is a critical issue for many players and the developers should take this seriously.

I'm 100% convinced this issue is easy to fix. Something went wrong in the soundsTemplates.xml which causes one or more particular sounds to boost volume too much, which leads to noise.
Since this issue only exists in the cabine, Giants should look into the the indoor volumes first. Maybe they changed an actual soundfile with a different native volume state and forgot to adjust the volume in the soundTemplates.xml

Who knows.

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:36 pm
by nkstyle
I think that inside cab sounds volume its very good now.
Best solution for all us would be inside cab volume slider, everyone should be satisfied if you can set volume inside and outside like you want.

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:46 pm
by cookedust
nkstyle wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:36 pm
I think that inside cab sounds volume its very good now.
Best solution for all us would be inside cab volume slider, everyone should be satisfied if you can set volume inside and outside like you want.
I like your idea, but overall volume is not the problem here, the problem is static noise appearing when throttling inside the cabine.
Static noise like this can appear when the game engine raises volume of certain soundfiles too much, which will create distortion in the sample and therefore "static noise" will appear, which is not intended by the developers, i guarantee you.

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 am
by RODHA
You are spot on with your diagnosis cookedust *thumbsup*
I guess time will tell if Giants even take it as a bug.

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:53 am
by cookedust
RODHA wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 am
You are spot on with your diagnosis cookedust *thumbsup*
I guess time will tell if Giants even take it as a bug.
I did some more testing on this matter, and tried to collect some information about the recent patch 1.4 and patch 1.4.1.
It seems Giants has programmed some sort of lowpass filter, which boosts low-end hz when the tractor is working under load. They made this filter to make the sounds more "powerful". The problem is this new filter is boosting the low-end hz way too much, making the sounds distort and it's a pain for the ears. You can try to set volume levels manually in the soundtemplates, but it has very little effect. The distortion is still there.

The reason Giants isn't taking this seriously is because they are worn out from these bug fixes and it really shows when they can't reproduce a simple issue like this. Any person with decent headphones can hear the sounds are distorting when driving from the indoorcamera. However, this issue only appears during the time the tractor is under load, which means you can hear the distortion when a tractor goes from 0 - 30-40 km/h until momentum is reached. When the tractor reaches high speed and is no longer under load, the loadsound and the distortion dissapears and the "run sound" takes over.

However, the loadsound is a absolute key sound in FS19 and this issue should be addressed and taken seriously. They added this new lowpass filter with good intentions, but sadly they broke more than they fixed. Before, the issue was just volume levels, now the issue is something only Giants can change. Custom soundtemplates which worked perfectly before the patch, also has distortion now and there is nothing to do about it.

I still hope for some kind of response from Giants, since this issue is very easy to reproduce with all machines in the game. If nothing happens, i'll have to make another bug-report with an video which showcases this issue for all to hear, using 10 different machines.

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:45 pm
by W1der
I honestly am having no issue with this ... at my end it sounds just like a "machine at work".

Possibly not hearing it as I have a personal EQ profile on my system (based on music pref.), have you guys tried this?

Re: Static Noise (in-cab)

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 pm
by cookedust
W1der wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:45 pm
I honestly am having no issue with this ... at my end it sounds just like a "machine at work".

Possibly not hearing it as I have a personal EQ profile on my system (based on music pref.), have you guys tried this?

I think your EQ profile is doing something to your sound, since you can't hear this issue. I'm glad for you!
However, i played 2500 hours of FS15 - 1200 hours of FS17 and so far 800 hours of FS19, and i noticed this change in the sound behaviour immediately after the release of patch 1.4 and it's still present in 1.4.1 - this has never been an issue in any FS game before now.

You say you have no issues, and i believe you. But trust me on this, something went wrong with this new filter which is pushing soundfiles way beyond their gain limits, and that creates very nasty distortion when driving from the indoorcamera. But only when the machine is under load, as i wrote above.

I thank you for your contribution to this matter, and any information is helpful.

I guess i'll have to make a video about this.