Unrealistic economy

GothicKing13

Re: Unrealistic economy

Post by GothicKing13 »

Beastbubba wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:04 pm But it's a game not RL, even true simulations are meant to be enjoyable and not a hair pulling stress in your life...
Not when you're out in the forest and unaware the cranes have "Simple Controls"! :lol: - I hated those simple controls, I wanted all of my controls back.

Though:
I agree, keep that leased equipment over night and get hit with that next charge, ouch. My favorite way to start, depends on on which difficulty I am playing on. I run it with different style roleplays.

Grew up on the farm, and dad is getting old. He just doesn't have the strength or energy to keep going. I've helped dad my whole life, I grab the keys and keep the farm going.

Starting: New Farmer (Have the farm, Equipment) > Keep the money > and build up the farm, rebuild some of the buildings over time (bring in buildings in their place that are actually useful) > some landscaping > eventually bringing in animals.

Starting: (2nd - Starting Option) sorry forget the name > Remove my money, I didn't grow up on the farm. I don't have the farms salary. So, I'll edit my save and keep about $2,500 in my bank account (simulate previously having your standard, everyday job) Keep everything that grandpa left me > Rebuild over time > landscape eventually > bring in animals when I can.
Finally an adult, did some time in an Agriculture School, did some training with machinery as to not look stupid when I finally get behind the wheel. I have a dear old aunt that lives near where I want to settle down. Auntie loves me, so she allows me to stay with her and my uncle at their house until I can get a home for myself. Sweet of my Aunt and Uncle to allow me to stay with them, I work extra hard as to not disappoint them. They want to see my dream succeed. So.........

Starting: Start From Scratch > Take out $50,000 (Student Loan) > Edit money, keeping only just $500, small amount to allow me to get food and drink > Run some Contract Work, leasing equipment to achieve paying off the Student Loan > Continue running Contract to get me my 1st tractor (FIAT) it's the cheapest and my favorite to start with > Once my student loan is paying off, I pull out a (Mortgage) a loan large enough to by a small plot of land (If I am playing on, say... Felsbrunn, I get the land that you would initially start with on the other difficulties, where the farm is initially located and go from there) Leasing Plows, Cultivators, etc... as I go. Paying the mortgage off as I go. Once that is gone, I then set out to purchase the equipment in which I've been leasing. Finally bringing in a 2nd field. Once I have 3 fields. I then look into the start of constructing my farm. Build a house, silo and a workshop to finally be able to do the maintenance at the farm. After I get all that done and pay off any loan I needed to assist within the construction. I will then look into placing a shed or 2 to get my equipment in shelter. Then I look into getting a total of 5 fields. Allowing me to run... Wheat > Barley > Oats > Canola and Soya. Once I earn the money, I now upgrade the equipment. Bring in 5 or 6 more fields. Finally adding, Corn > Sunflower > Potato > Sugar Beet > Cotton and maybe... Sugar Cane to the roster. Then, I start adding my animals. Now, I just look into bringing in bigger and better machinery. I have made it a success. Been a long, tiring and hard journey. But, the chapter is complete! :coolnew:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Isn't the farm house 250k?
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

On Felsbrunn, the house only cost 180,000. Unless the game decides to terraform the area around the house. I've seen that 180,000 turn into 500,000 or more. That's why the 1st piece of land I purchase, is the area the farm is already placed within the other difficulties. The land is already smoothed out for everything, keeping the cost much, much lower! :smileynew:

PS. As for Raven, or even... Estancia. I'm not sure of the cost of the house for those maps. Haven't played around much with Estancia, yet. Played a lot on that map in FS17. I'm not a fan of Raven. I love the setup and design of Felsbrunn, so my current farm is on this map. Wish I could replace Raven with Goldcrest. I loved Goldcrest Valley!
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I think your trolling. The economy is trashed in FS19 if you actually put some thought in to it. If it takes me hundreds of days to pay off loans make my land x100 the original value than. Make inflation a reality. Make used equipment available. Allow me to contract out my liming of the fields. Buy bio gas refineries and truck my own milk? The can of worms is open then.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:21 pm
kahfs wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 pm If you like to design your own economy, you may want to try my mod FS19_RealLifeNumbers. It is available in three flavors at modhoster.com with real-life numbers for Germany, UK and US Heartland, respectively.
It works with patch 1.4, but a new store item was inserted in the middle of a numbered list and shifted some prices on store items (pallets and bales). A fix will be published after some testing. The mod not only changes yield and crop prices, but also prices on fields, animals and their products. You can define your own leasing contract for leasing equipment and you can define contracts for contract jobs.It handles many extra fruits and fill types and can do multiplayer mode fairly decent on a local host, but not on a dedicated server. The coming update will also allow you to define the number of real-life growth-days for each crop.

Deactivating the mod will not restore old parameter values. So reinstall the map and mayby also a backup of the savegame in case you have had enough realistic economy.
Damn man, that is some next level ****.

I would need some help to activate that thing tho.
Well, if as a start you simply use the mod "as is", then there is not so much to figure out. Almost all parameters are preset to real-life values for either Germany, UK or US Heartland. Try out one of the flavors on a new game, just to see what kind of economy you are up against. Don't activate more than one flavor. There probably won't be money for a load of big machinery. On the other hand you can rent fields and lease equipment, so you should be able to get a decent start. Check out the PDF manual inside the zip file for more information. For questions and issues just send an e-mail. The address is at the top of the script files.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Just wondering what countries you are speaking of? I am from north part of Europe Union and here things work like that:

- Nobody start with nothing. Everybody start as company or as small farmer (inherited land/farm). Company can have many owners, most of them will
work there also themselves, people have earned enough money, they put the money together and decide to start a bigger farming industry.
Usually first they will buy lot of land and then try to find the funding.
- First step usually is take the loan from bank to buy the land, later step is to get government subsidy. More field land you get, more subsidy you can get from
government. So after that they will use the subsidy money to lease new or buy used equipment. Subsidy sum come from the hectares of land you grow crops on (does not matter what crops and
how much money you get when you sell them).
- Bigger farms around 1000-2000 hectares can get the newest and biggest machines, for example they got here: Case Quadtrac, John Deere 790, Holmer Terra Variant.
My friend has 100 hectare farm and his is using this land to make hay bales, earnings from hay and subsidy can get him enough money to support the whole
family and to own and maintain basic (older) baling equipment. My friend inherited all his land, he is happy what he has and not planning to growing farm bigger. He has
goats,chickens, dog and cat.

Playing this game like my friend, with two small old tractors and baler and rake, few chickens, never plan to grow can be quite boring. Put going to make yourself a goal
to evolve into big farm can be quite interesting.
That's why i mostly RolePlay this scenario: Inherited a farm with old and bad equipment, 2 fields, some older tractors, a old harvester, no money, small loan, trying to bring farm to blossom and
replace the older equipment, grow into big farming industry. Would be a great challenge?
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Aye, IceUul. That's how I played FS17 with the seasons mod. Goldcrest Valley > Setup Game > Sell Off ALL Equipment > Pull 50,000 Loan. Bring in 2 tractors from the Classic Pack from Dogface. The Lindner BF450 for Field Work and the Deutz D80 to pull harvester (had the old John Deere 30 pull along harvester) and a small truck that held 9k liters to sell with then drop my money down to 0. The 3 Field of GCV planted Wheat, Barley and Canola. Get me loan payed off and build up some money. Once I had a decent amount, I'd switch my field tractor for the Massey 135 to make operation a little smoother and easier. Change the harvester setup for the FMZ Super Bizon, add a 4th field to get Soya in the mix. Work my way up to BsM's Massey Old Generation equipment. Put the farm in full swing here, by bringing in the animals as I could afford. The food I couldn't produce, I'd buy. (Pig Food). From there I moved on to the Ford TW's and the Fortschritt Harvester. Bring in Corn, Sunflower, Potato and Sugarbeet. Producing all animal food now and changing the cows Silage and Hay to TMR. From that point I just moved onto bigger, better machines and bigger fields.

Thinking about doing that with FS19 as well, but... I want to wait for Seasons to come before I do it.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

IceUul wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:11 am Just wondering what countries you are speaking of? I am from north part of Europe Union and here things work like that:

- Nobody start with nothing. Everybody start as company or as small farmer (inherited land/farm). Company can have many owners, most of them will
work there also themselves, people have earned enough money, they put the money together and decide to start a bigger farming industry.
Usually first they will buy lot of land and then try to find the funding.
- First step usually is take the loan from bank to buy the land, later step is to get government subsidy. More field land you get, more subsidy you can get from
government. So after that they will use the subsidy money to lease new or buy used equipment. Subsidy sum come from the hectares of land you grow crops on (does not matter what crops and
how much money you get when you sell them).
- Bigger farms around 1000-2000 hectares can get the newest and biggest machines, for example they got here: Case Quadtrac, John Deere 790, Holmer Terra Variant.
My friend has 100 hectare farm and his is using this land to make hay bales, earnings from hay and subsidy can get him enough money to support the whole
family and to own and maintain basic (older) baling equipment. My friend inherited all his land, he is happy what he has and not planning to growing farm bigger. He has
goats,chickens, dog and cat.

Playing this game like my friend, with two small old tractors and baler and rake, few chickens, never plan to grow can be quite boring. Put going to make yourself a goal
to evolve into big farm can be quite interesting.
That's why i mostly RolePlay this scenario: Inherited a farm with old and bad equipment, 2 fields, some older tractors, a old harvester, no money, small loan, trying to bring farm to blossom and
replace the older equipment, grow into big farming industry. Would be a great challenge?
That would make a lot of sense yes.

Unfortunately that isnt the case with fs19. Game modes are just not realistic enough.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Your missing the point of the game time scale which of course couldn't be realistic.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Corstaad wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:47 pm Your missing the point of the game time scale which of course couldn't be realistic.
^^^This^^^ plus we are farming tiny amounts of land compared to what an actual large-scale farm would be.

You want realism? You'd have to play the game 12 hours a day for years and years and years just to buy a new tractor. How fun does that sound? The largest field on Pacific NW is a little over 50 acres. A farmer with that amount of land where I live would be using a <100 hp tractor with 3m implements. It would take a week or so (at 8+ hours of back and forth) to get spring tillage/planting and fall harvesting done. How fun does that sound? Not to mention all of the money you make in game goes into your account for the sole purpose of buying more stuff to play the game. How about Giants add taxes, insurance, college funds, daycare, groceries, medical bills, etc... How fun does that sound? :lol:

It's a game, it's not supposed to have a realistic economy. If it did, no one would ever progress past the small truck and a chainsaw.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:14 pm
Corstaad wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:47 pm Your missing the point of the game time scale which of course couldn't be realistic.
How about Giants add taxes, insurance, college funds, daycare, groceries, medical bills, etc... How fun does that sound? :lol:
It's a game, it's not supposed to have a realistic economy. If it did, no one would ever progress past the small truck and a chainsaw.
Life Simulation > The Sims > Survival Roleplay > Farming Simulator. Something about that seems awkwardly appealing to me. :lol:
GIANTS gives a fleshed out story mode to go with that on top of the standard sandbox career we have now and complete with seasons from the start. I'm definitely sold! :mrgreen:
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

That's not a game I want to play. Real life is hard enough.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

LOL - In the end, it's a game and I'm sure it'd be fun. Kind of a mix between The Sims meets Farmer's Dyn......... not sure if we are allowed to title other farming games. But, in the greatness of Farming Simulator. I mean, The Sims = EA = Well, EA is enough said. FD is weird, fun... but weird and the peds of FS look better!

Though, really... I wouldn't mind having some kind of story to play through in FS. Have you standard Career, the sandbox we all know and love. But, having a story to play through would be a neat addition. Only having access to certain equipments within certain parts of the story, unlocking the bigger stuff as the story advances. When you finish the story it would automatically go into the sandbox mode we all know and love. The story could go between each (Base) map of the game. An American setting, European/Italian Setting. Sugarcane is already there, coffee could be added for the South American theme. Olives and other crops could be added for the Italian/Euro setting. Or, give us a Japanese Theme and add Rice......

Though, on a more serious note. Story or no Story. North American, South American and European. I'm good on the maps. I just want the crops to be honest! :lol:
glamdring27

Post by glamdring27 »

I can never understand when people talk about realism in FS19. What can possibly be the reference point for realism? Fields turn around in one day. Some random oik sat at a computer is running a farm, sometimes using a keyboard and mouse. One aspect of realism people never seem to mention when wanting more of it is getting paid! Sure, farmers in a lot of places don't earn much, and plenty go bankrupt, but it's all imaginary money anyway in game and since I'm not getting paid real money like I would be if I was a real farm help there's a limit to how realistic I want it! Would I rather start with a bit more cash or harvest the same field 15 times before I can afford to buy a new tractor? I'll take the start cash personally, but it's 10s work to edit my game and lower it if I really want.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

glamdring27 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:46 pm I can never understand when people talk about realism in FS19. What can possibly be the reference point for realism? Fields turn around in one day. Some random oik sat at a computer is running a farm, sometimes using a keyboard and mouse. One aspect of realism people never seem to mention when wanting more of it is getting paid! Sure, farmers in a lot of places don't earn much, and plenty go bankrupt, but it's all imaginary money anyway in game and since I'm not getting paid real money like I would be if I was a real farm help there's a limit to how realistic I want it! Would I rather start with a bit more cash or harvest the same field 15 times before I can afford to buy a new tractor? I'll take the start cash personally, but it's 10s work to edit my game and lower it if I really want.
Youtube? :coolnew: :lol: - Though in all seriousness. I'm stuck with mouse and keyboard now. My steering wheel is acting up. :frown: