How to delete tree's

yib

How to delete tree's

Post by yib »

How to delete tree's

After planting trees from the modhud, i dont see them back in the garage !!
and now i want to delete someone.
So how do I delete tree's ???

thank
yib
ace54858

Re: How to delete tree's

Post by ace54858 »

yib wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:52 pm How to delete tree's

After planting trees from the modhud, i dont see them back in the garage !!
and now i want to delete someone.
So how do I delete tree's ???

thank
yib
i would guess they would have to be cut down like any other trees if there not showing up to be sold in the garage.
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

On PC at least there are mods that chew a tree in a second. That's the fastest way to get rid of trees. You can't sell them or delete them.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

If they're from the "More Trees" pack don't remove them whatever you do. There's been several of us who have and it results in lots of things disappearing off the map (like sell points, buildings and animals etc).

You have been warned lol.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Actually ... I have a savegame using the "More trees" mod that used to freeze on saving/exiting ... after installing "1.4" it no longer does that.
Perhaps/hopefully they found the issue and fixed it with the update.

I need to cut one of the trees down and see if that is the case ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

W1der wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:55 pm Actually ... I have a savegame using the "More trees" mod that used to freeze on saving/exiting ... after installing "1.4" it no longer does that.

Thanks for the heads up.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Riven326 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:18 pm
W1der wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:55 pm Actually ... I have a savegame using the "More trees" mod that used to freeze on saving/exiting ... after installing "1.4" it no longer does that.

Thanks for the heads up.
Yea, well ... I just made a test ... the bug is still there.
After selling the tree I fell all my placeables was gone on reboot ... :neutralnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Maybe they should remove the more trees mod so people don't have to find out it's broke the hard way.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It's been raised several times and I posted a bug report about it but there was no response regarding a fix......other than avoiding using it.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

W1der wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
After selling the tree I fell all my placeables was gone on reboot ... :neutralnew:
Strange. I'm unable to sell any of the trees I place that are part of the more trees mod. What about cutting them down?
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Ritchie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:27 pm If they're from the "More Trees" pack don't remove them whatever you do. There's been several of us who have and it results in lots of things disappearing off the map (like sell points, buildings and animals etc).

You have been warned lol.
Yep I experienced that one while testing if removing trees from that mod would refund the 2 slots a tree takes
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Riven326 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:25 am
Thanks for the heads up.
Strange. I'm unable to sell any of the trees I place that are part of the more trees mod. What about cutting them down?
The bug occurs when you fell a tree and sell it at a sawmill if the tree remains it doesn't seem to occur but as soon as it's removed the placables and sale points seems to disappear upon reboot of your save. So if you use the placeable trees I highly recommend you to place them for decorative purposes only and not to sale them and before placing, save so if you want to change the placement you can reload instead of felling and selling the tree and once you have found a spot that you're happy with leave the tree and never remove it or you may find that a lot of your placeables and sale points are missing, or do what I do and uninstall any placeable tree mods and never use them to be safe. It's unfortunate, but I don't think the modders can fix this as I believe it's a game issue with these types of mods.
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Michael5941 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:27 am
Riven326 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:25 am

The bug occurs when you fell a tree and sell it at a sawmill if the tree remains it doesn't seem to occur but as soon as it's removed the placables and sale points seems to disappear upon reboot of your save. So if you use the placeable trees I highly recommend you to place them for decorative purposes only and not to sale them and before placing, save so if you want to change the placement you can reload instead of felling and selling the tree and once you have found a spot that you're happy with leave the tree and never remove it or you may find that a lot of your placeables and sale points are missing, or do what I do and uninstall any placeable tree mods and never use them to be safe. It's unfortunate, but I don't think the modders can fix this as I believe it's a game issue with these types of mods.
Thanks for the clarification. Fortunately I'm using them entirely for decoration. Although I wish I had known this beforehand. Perhaps a warning in the mod description. Maybe I missed it
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Riven326 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:41 am
No, no warnings at all, I don't believe that the modders expected this bug would occur as in fs17 there were no problems with placeable tree mods but for some unknown reason FS19 does not play nice with those mods and given that it seems to affect all placeable tree mods it would show that this is a bug within FS19 that does not play nice with the tree mods and not with the mods themselves, In other words, the modders, more in likely, can't fix this Giants has to somehow figure out what in the game code breaks when one of these trees from the tree mods are deleted.
Edit- now I did a test not long ago and if you leave the tree but disable the mod it will remove the tree placed with that mod and from what I can tell it doesn't cause placeables and sale points to disappear though make a backup save just in case.
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Michael5941 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:48 am
Riven326 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:41 am
No, no warnings at all, I don't believe that the modders expected this bug would occur as in fs17 there were no problems with placeable tree mods but for some unknown reason FS19 does not play nice with those mods and given that it seems to affect all placeable tree mods it would show that this is a bug within FS19 that does not play nice with the tree mods and not with the mods themselves, In other words, the modders, more in likely, can't fix this Giants has to somehow figure out what in the game code breaks when one of these trees from the tree mods are deleted.
Edit- now I did a test not long ago and if you leave the tree but disable the mod it will remove the tree placed with that mod and from what I can tell it doesn't cause placeables and sale points to disappear though make a backup save just in case.
What happens if you disable the mod, save, then uninstall the mod?