Forage Harvester

BearClaw

Forage Harvester

Post by BearClaw »

Hi guys, just want to know about this type of forage harvester, is this one used all over the world and is it a brand who is possible to mod for consoles or does it goes with scripts and licensing? This one is a hot topic in scandinavia, im really curious about this. Its a mower that blows the grass into a trailer that is attached to it. Taarup is making theese, but several other brands makes it too.

[url]https://www.google.com/search?client=ms ... uy_34M/url]
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
eric21

Re: Forage Harvester

Post by eric21 »

Deja vu? I swear I've seen this before on the forums?
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

eric21 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:59 am Deja vu? I swear I've seen this before on the forums?
Not this one with pipe, you may have seen the prdinary mower without neck. and if you cant give this thread an proper answer, why bother comment this?
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

It's a forage harvester. It does not mow the grass, it shreds already mowed grass and blows it into a trailer.
We had mods like that on FS17 but I have yet to see one on FS19.
Should be possible on console under Lizard branding. No scripts needed.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Hi Bear Claw
I presume your question relates to the first picture of the Tarrup machine. This is what is called a “double chop” forage harvester and they are pretty ancient now. This does in fact mow the grass as well as chop it. The farm I used to work on back in the late 80s had a Kidd double chop. It was quite power hungry as it used to make the Renault 103:14 grunt quite nicely. I think they fell out of favour as most farmers like the grass to wilt for a couple of days now before chopping into silage.
Hope that’s of some help.
Shambala12

Post by Shambala12 »

As maxxum said, this forage harvester or chopper as farmers tend to call them, can both cut and shoot into the trailer. However with more modern choppers, it isn't ideal anymore. This is because 1. We like to led the grass wilt for a few days minimum 2. Modern mowers can cut longer grass and do a better job 3. Modern choppers can cut the grass finer, which is much better to clamp with. In regards to modding it, with the fact that pretty much all 3rd party mods dont have licensing from the companies, plus this specific equipment is outdated, it's pretty safe to say that you could mod this without issues. I would imagine that you could also class this as fair use if ever bought up however I am no legal expert. Hope this answers your questions.
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

Shambala12 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:21 pm As maxxum said, this forage harvester or chopper as farmers tend to call them, can both cut and shoot into the trailer. However with more modern choppers, it isn't ideal anymore. This is because 1. We like to led the grass wilt for a few days minimum 2. Modern mowers can cut longer grass and do a better job 3. Modern choppers can cut the grass finer, which is much better to clamp with. In regards to modding it, with the fact that pretty much all 3rd party mods dont have licensing from the companies, plus this specific equipment is outdated, it's pretty safe to say that you could mod this without issues. I would imagine that you could also class this as fair use if ever bought up however I am no legal expert. Hope this answers your questions.
Okay thanx! I seen this as mods for pc on fs17, so i hope they will come for consoles sometime, but yes they are not modern so i bet they never will be found useful for a modder maybe
Shambala12

Post by Shambala12 »

Okay thanx! I seen this as mods for pc on fs17, so i hope they will come for consoles sometime, but yes they are not modern so i bet they never will be found useful for a modder maybe
There are trailed choppers online for fs19 however dont cut if that interests you at all. You could also always give converting a go yourself, there are plenty of tutorials online and wouldnt imagine be too difficult for a machine like that.
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

We had a trailed mower in fs17 that gave us the option on kvernland branding or taarup. I think one bought out the other so the licencing should be good to go for consoles too, going by fs 17 mower mod
Playing on Ps4