Leftover grain

bader420

Leftover grain

Post by bader420 »

I would like to see us be able to use leftover grain to fill the seeders like in real life
    IceUul

Re: Leftover grain

Post by IceUul »

Not possible! This means we need to make different seeds for different crops. Otherwise we fill seeder with wheat, but it will plant corn.
    BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I think we did that in fs13, besides for potatos, i can't remember.
    Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

In 19 vanilla game, Potato, Sugarbeet and Sugarcane planters can be refilled with crops stored from previous harvests or from seed bags(potato, sugarbeet) or dedicated individual crop pallets(sugarcane) shouldn't be too hard for expansion of this into other crops with future FS games or maybe even an update for 19
    Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
    Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
    50-120 head.
    Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
    Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
    Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
    Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
    Eische

Post by Eische »

In most countries re-using leftover grain for seeding is prohibited by the seed companies.
    Additionally the plants are usually hybrids. If you re-use leftover grain from hybrids, those plants will not have the same properties (yield, resistances, ...) as the original ones.

Sure, it is possible to to this and it is done in certain countries. But it is definitely not true for all countries. Maybe a mod will add this feature for you.
    Playing on PC - Win10
    Ryzen 3600
    RX 5500XT
    16GB Ram
    How to post log file
    How to upload pictures
    Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
    GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:49 am In 19 vanilla game, Potato, Sugarbeet and Sugarcane planters can be refilled with crops stored from previous harvests or from seed bags(potato, sugarbeet) or dedicated individual crop pallets(sugarcane).
    I thought potato and sugarcane was the only crops that's reusable as seed. Due to Sugarbeet's being planted via the Corn Planters. :confusednew:
    GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
    Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Eische wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:15 am In most countries re-using leftover grain for seeding is prohibited by the seed companies.
    Additionally the plants are usually hybrids. If you re-use leftover grain from hybrids, those plants will not have the same properties (yield, resistances, ...) as the original ones.

Sure, it is possible to to this and it is done in certain countries. But it is definitely not true for all countries. Maybe a mod will add this feature for you.
    Correct, our seed in Australia is mainly hybrid and therefore seed from harvests cannot be used as it generally will not germinate so seed has to be purchased. But for gameplay ease it would be great, I had 17 on PC and a mixer mod that took grain crop/liquid fert/herbicide and produced seed to fill seeders and planters but it would have scripts that consoles cannot handle
    Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
    Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
    50-120 head.
    Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
    Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
    Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
    Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
    fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I remember having a JD air drill in FS2011 that did exactly what the OP is asking for. I think for the sake of playability and simpler coding Giants hasn't added that to the vanilla game.

Also, you can't use sugarbeets to fill a seeder.
    FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
    IceUul

Post by IceUul »

This would be a good idea for FS21:
    - Different types of seeds for different crops
    - Seed separator (making) machine, what you can put crops inside and let's say 10% of inserted crop will be converted to seeds.

If you do not add different seeds, then it will work this way.... fill planter with corn, click change crop button, plant sugarbeets (using corn inside planter).
    GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Ha... If that's how it'll work, I'd specifically use SugarBeets to replant everything. The yield from those are insane, unlimited seed!
    GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
    Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Need to have seperate seeds for each crop anyway, buying "seeds" and then planting anything you want from them is silly...
    PC gamer.
    redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^I made this request in fs17 and giants didn’t really say anything about it so I highly doubt they’ll do anything.
    Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
    Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
    My Discord
    Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
    Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
    IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I think one seed for all crops is just a gameplay issue. Soon we have so much different crops (let's say 15 different), so messing with 15 different seed bags would be quite annoying.
    Also seed refill points would need 15 different tanks to look realistic.

Also to notice, our storage silos would need also 15 different bins, to look realistic.
    blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

IceUul wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:07 am I think one seed for all crops is just a gameplay issue. Soon we have so much different crops (let's say 15 different), so messing with 15 different seed bags would be quite annoying.

Also to notice, our storage silos would need also 15 different bins, to look realistic.
    The storage silos are silly ... say you have five 100,000 litres of storage ... you can use it all for what or some for barley ... not 100,000 litres maximum for each.

Wasn't it MR mod in FS17 that didn't allow the seed-type to be change on any drill (seeder) that wasn't empty?
    Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
    also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
    IceUul

Post by IceUul »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:00 pm
    IceUul wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:07 am I think one seed for all crops is just a gameplay issue. Soon we have so much different crops (let's say 15 different), so messing with 15 different seed bags would be quite annoying.

The storage silos are silly ... say you have five 100,000 litres of storage ... you can use it all for what or some for barley ... not 100,000 litres maximum for each.
    Indeed.
    They should first add option for 3 crops (let's say silo has 3 bins), after you add extension, you get possibility to store 4 different crops and so on.
    This would be much more realistic. For example also possibility to store 4x 100k crops, or 2x 200k for 4 bins. Not easy to make this, but
    it is possible, i would like to see this system in FS21.