Larger log grapple for skid steer

Riven326

Larger log grapple for skid steer

Post by Riven326 »

The default one just isn't big enough. I'd rather not invest in huge equipment for logging yet. Trying to get as much done with the small machine as possible. Anybody know of any grapple mods for a skid steer I could use? I'm on PS4.
eight_lugs

Re: Larger log grapple for skid steer

Post by eight_lugs »

Use the CSZ adapter then you can use front loader and wheel loader implements.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

eight_lugs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:38 pm Use the CSZ adapter then you can use front loader and wheel loader implements.
Awesome. Thanks. *thumbsup*
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

You’re kinda limited with the weight of a skid steer though. Two 6m logs makes it kinda squirrelly.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

eight_lugs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:28 pm You’re kinda limited with the weight of a skid steer though. Two 6m logs makes it kinda squirrelly.
This MF 711 has an optional rear weight. Really what I'm looking for is to be able to easily grab one or two logs and load them onto a trailer. I'm cutting them myself, so the length varies. But if say it's between 5 and 7 meters.

The main thing is not dropping them. The default grapple isn't at fault. It's the game engine and it's limitations. You can't get up under the logs, you have to try to grab them from the top. The ground is solid no matter what you do. It's one of the worst aspects of the game. Great for farming, bad for just about anything else.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Riven326 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:51 pm
eight_lugs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:28 pm You’re kinda limited with the weight of a skid steer though. Two 6m logs makes it kinda squirrelly.
This MF 711 has an optional rear weight. Really what I'm looking for is to be able to easily grab one or two logs and load them onto a trailer. I'm cutting them myself, so the length varies. But if say it's between 5 and 7 meters.

The main thing is not dropping them. The default grapple isn't at fault. It's the game engine and it's limitations. You can't get up under the logs, you have to try to grab them from the top. The ground is solid no matter what you do. It's one of the worst aspects of the game. Great for farming, bad for just about anything else.
This is the primary reason I avoided logging on this game. As you said the game engine, wonky collisions and limitations make it so much more difficult than it needs to be.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

iB055 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:42 am
Riven326 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:51 pm

This is the primary reason I avoided logging on this game. As you said the game engine, wonky collisions and limitations make it so much more difficult than it needs to be.
True. But you can make a lot of money with logging. All my equipment is leased with the exception of some attachments and the skid steer. I'm doing the logging in addition to the farming so that I can eventually own the equipment. Plus I'm over $500,000 in debt to the bank. *thumbsdown*