Small Guide on PC's

Smith Modding

Re: Small Guide on PC's

Post by Smith Modding »

No, I had CPU problems because my case got jarred, but I’ve never had a PC where I could overclock much.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Bigfilmguy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:53 pm Ok, hopefully the last question! (Actually, it's probably not!) I've been looking around and I can get an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 based system with 3000mhz DDR4 (as opposed to the 2400mhz stuff in my previous post). It's about the same price, but I'm not sure which one to go for. In the tests I've looked at, the Ryzen seems to do well on multi-core games, but I'm sure I read that FS19 only uses a single core, so would an i5 be better? If it helps, I'm also interested in learning to mod, so I'm guessing I need a 3d modelling application.
The AMD PC will do well, although the target range for Ryzen is 3600mhz RAM.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

Hey y'all, I gotta problem. I changed to a new case and the monitor would not take to the computer. Everything is running fans and lights. I took out the gpu and tried with the onboard graphics and same thing. I then reinstalled everything back to my old case and still the monitor turns on but it goes into sleep mode.I have checked some videos on YT and tried what they suggested and nothing. Do you think my cpu is out? Running i7 3700 quad core. I can shut down and turn on computer with power button just in case you ask. Thanks guys.
Last edited by rjiii88 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Playing on PC, just your everyday FS player.
FS17/19 PC - FS16/18 Droid
Have fun slingin' dirt y-all :wink2:
P.S. Thanks to all the MODDERS out there! *thumbsup*
Guil

Post by Guil »

Try with just one stick of ram, you have a dell PC don't you? If so there is a diagnostic light on the back of the PSU with a little black button beside it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udGOe7LQJEI
Actually now that I think of it, that is more or less irrelevant, won't hurt to try it and hopefully it just turns out it's a loose connection or a component not properly seated etc.
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

Guil wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:44 am Try with just one stick of ram, you have a dell PC don't you? If so there is a diagnostic light on the back of the PSU with a little black button beside it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udGOe7LQJEI
Actually now that I think of it, that is more or less irrelevant, won't hurt to try it and hopefully it just turns out it's a loose connection or a component not properly seated etc.
Yes its dell. I did upgrade to a new 500w psu and not using the dell psu. Maybe that is the problem. The new psu does not have the button. Thanks again.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I've only ever seen it on dell psu's, what wattage is the dell one and did it ever work with the new psu?
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

Guil wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:02 am I've only ever seen it on dell psu's, what wattage is the dell one and did it ever work with the new psu?
The old one is 240 max. I just tried everything in tbe video with old one and all green lights. I don't get it :hmm:
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

It's weird, I build/transfer everything into a mid atx gaming case added some extra fans and temp guage and everything comes on including power to mb, but no video output on the monitor. I then retransfer back to old case and still power to everything but no video to monitor.
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

When I plug in the hdmi cable to the video graphics card the monitor wants wake up then goes back to sleep mode. I have tried unplugging all cables for reset and back in but same thing.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Try it without the extra fans or temp gauge connected
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

hello you have to configure the energy saving section in the control panel and configure: monitor never goes into suspension. same configuration for all other CPUs, computer monitors etc. max performance
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's not energy saving as the pc doesn't seem to be booting.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Are you getting any beeps or error lights flashing? Try connecting to a different monitor, and if you have another PC around, take your boot drive, put it into the other computer, and try to boot from it. You should be getting to your BIOS even if windows didn't want to boot, so something tells me it may be your monitor or the cable.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

One thing that can prevent a PC to boot, and lead to a black screen only is a RAM memory stick(s) failure or RAM not properly detected...you should try to remove and then replace your Ram on their brackets or sockets, sorry for my poor english
Just to add i hope your PC is Power Off when you do these tests
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

Well I tried everything. I have the orange light of death as they call it. I even changed the bios battery and resetted the ram, still orange flashing light. So I'm gonna just buy a new MB: Asus P8Z77-V LGA1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Desktop Motherboard. Thanks again guys for the help and suggestions. I appreciate it!