Small Guide on PC's

CowsGoMoo

Re: Small Guide on PC's

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:29 pm They don't have to go big on their first build. They don't need the brand new stuff.
You don't know Richard well do you lol. He would use a 10600 and 2070 super in a pc just for watching youtube and twitch. And enough fans to power a Cessna.

Hey buddy!
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

Well as for I have a Dell XPS midtower with an inteli7-6700 @3.4Ghz
And 8 gigs of RAM I think short coming is my graphic card it is a Nvidia GeForce GT 730i think it has 2 gig vram. Any thought on the setting for this card my monitor is a 24" running at 75hz refresh
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

NitroJ-300 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:04 am Well as for I have a Dell XPS midtower with an inteli7-6700 @3.4Ghz
And 8 gigs of RAM I think short coming is my graphic card it is a Nvidia GeForce GT 730i think it has 2 gig vram. Any thought on the setting for this card my monitor is a 24" running at 75hz refresh
Your graphics card is definitely the bottleneck of your system. I would be surprised if it ran the game half decently even on the lowest settings. As it’s below the performance of the minimum spec graphics card.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

L2K Perma wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:41 pm
NitroJ-300 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:04 am Well as for I have a Dell XPS midtower with an inteli7-6700 @3.4Ghz
Your graphics card is definitely the bottleneck of your system. I would be surprised if it ran the game half decently even on the lowest settings. As it’s below the performance of the minimum spec graphics card.
Actually it runs it ok not great by any means. My biggest problem is the motion blurring if you turn fast in vehicle is not to bad but if your running on foot and turn not sure if turning down the setting would help or not. The shuttering is minimal but to be expected. Being disabled and on limited funds make spending $200-300 USD on a graphic card well out of the question.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Irish farmer wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:56 pm Hi guys so a gaming PC sim racing rig has come up for sale near where I live and I wanted to know your thoughts on would this be a good entry level PC to buy or will it even run farming simulator and the truck simulator series. Spec that is advertised is as follows

I7 2600 processer
GTX 1060 3 GB graphics card
8GB RAM
1TB hard drive
120gb SSD
500 watt power supply
Logitech gaming mouse
Redragon gaming keyboard
32-in monitor
And it also comes with a thrustmaster steering wheel pedals gear stick and seat/stand for everything to be setup on.
He's looking £900 for everything.
I know nothing about PCs just about know how to turn them on 😂. And I have been toying with the idea about getting in PC for a long time currently rocking it on PS4. Cheers in advance for any advice giving 👍
Sorry but that is absolute robbery, that processor is from 2011
Irish farmer

Post by Irish farmer »

Guil wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:57 pm
Irish farmer wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:56 pm Hi guys so a gaming PC sim racing rig has come up for sale near where I live and I wanted to know your thoughts on would this be a good entry level PC to buy or will it even run farming simulator and the truck simulator series. Spec that is advertised is as follows

I7 2600 processer
GTX 1060 3 GB graphics card
8GB RAM
1TB hard drive
120gb SSD
500 watt power supply
Logitech gaming mouse
Redragon gaming keyboard
32-in monitor
And it also comes with a thrustmaster steering wheel pedals gear stick and seat/stand for everything to be setup on.
He's looking £900 for everything.
I know nothing about PCs just about know how to turn them on 😂. And I have been toying with the idea about getting in PC for a long time currently rocking it on PS4. Cheers in advance for any advice giving 👍
Sorry but that is absolute robbery, that processor is from 2011
Yeah live an learn 😔 my impatience got the better of me all works tho only justification is it comes with full thrustmaster steering wheel and pedals and 2 gear shifter and there worth 300 350.
swrunyan

Post by swrunyan »

L2K I'd like to thank you for starting this thread.

So Thank You!

My son wanted me to build him a gaming computer for his birthday, (the last computer I built was a pentium 2), so the more I read and researched, I realized I'd never make it in time so I bought one that you recommended earlier in the thread. It's working great so far and I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be using it for games myself. So L2K and everyone here, you have officially converted another console user. (that's not sarcasm) Thank You again.

But I do have just 2 questions for now if I may impose, you mentioned membrane vs mechanical keyboards earlier. I am pretty sure I know what you mean but could you explain for me please? thx

Also this computer only came with a 500gb ssd, I know more storage will be needed in the near future, could I get some recommendations?
I'm not really looking for the biggest, bestest, fastest, just what would be good for extra storage.

Thanks again. The questions are not for L2K specifically I'm looking for advice from anyone who is willing to chime in.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

swrunyan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:20 pm L2K I'd like to thank you for starting this thread.

So Thank You!

My son wanted me to build him a gaming computer for his birthday, (the last computer I built was a pentium 2), so the more I read and researched, I realized I'd never make it in time so I bought one that you recommended earlier in the thread. It's working great so far and I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be using it for games myself. So L2K and everyone here, you have officially converted another console user. (that's not sarcasm) Thank You again.

But I do have just 2 questions for now if I may impose, you mentioned membrane vs mechanical keyboards earlier. I am pretty sure I know what you mean but could you explain for me please? thx

Also this computer only came with a 500gb ssd, I know more storage will be needed in the near future, could I get some recommendations?
I'm not really looking for the biggest, bestest, fastest, just what would be good for extra storage.

Thanks again. The questions are not for L2K specifically I'm looking for advice from anyone who is willing to chime in.
Glad to be of help.

For the keyboards, membrane vs mechanical relates to how the key is pressed down and read in a way. Membrane is essentially like a gel, so it has some give. Mechanical uses a switch, with different switch colors that can make the keys feel different depending on the color. Majority are known as Cherry Blue, Cherry Red and Cherry Brown. Compared to membrane keyboards, mechanical ones you can feel when you press the keys down. Cherry Blue have the hardest feeling but are also very loud and clicky, while Red is in the middle ground and are relatively quiet. Brown is the least feeling and also the quietest.

For storage, you’ll likely get different responses, I myself prefer Western Digital Hard Drives for my mass storage. Though I know other people who also like the SeaGate Hard Drives. If you’re looking for another SSD, a lot of people recommend the Samsung Evos.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

L2K Perma wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:41 pm
Well as you mentioned and a few of my other cp smart friends said my graphics card is holding me back and i have been looking in to a new one as money is an issue for me (disabled and on a fixed income) I'm leaning towards the GTX 1660 super with 6 gig ram. any thoughts or recommendations?
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I would hold off any graphics card purchases for another week to see what Nvidia announce tomorrow, there is a good chance there will be people looking to out older kit and stores trying to dump stock.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

gordon861 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:46 pm I would hold off any graphics card purchases for another week to see what Nvidia announce tomorrow, there is a good chance there will be people looking to out older kit and stores trying to dump stock.
Yeah saw the vid. Sweet that they are bringing then at a good price but still Abit out of my range all tho I hear rumors about maybe a RTX 3060 or 3050 coming in the near future that will put it at a more affordable place for many these days
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

If nothing else, there is a good chance that there will be people replacing their 20x0 series cards to buy a new one. So if you are willing to go second hand there could be some bargains out there soon.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

I have an r5 2600 and a 1660 ti but only 8gb of ram. Generally I can run at very high settings with no issues but do get a stutter turning the camera once in a while. Would more ram overcome this? is it just the game’s limitations? Would I need to do more extensive upgrades to see a difference? As it is, it’s infrequent, similar to lagging on console. I just want to get an idea of what to build toward or not.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:55 pm I have an r5 2600 and a 1660 ti but only 8gb of ram. Generally I can run at very high settings with no issues but do get a stutter turning the camera once in a while. Would more ram overcome this? is it just the game’s limitations? Would I need to do more extensive upgrades to see a difference? As it is, it’s infrequent, similar to lagging on console. I just want to get an idea of what to build toward or not.
8 GB of ram could be the bottleneck, as 8 GB can be used quite easily by FS, especially if playing on non-standard size maps. However, there are ways you can check this as it could also just be the game trying to load in a lot of stuff at once. To see though, you can use MSI Afterburner to display an on screen display which can show your cpu, gpu and memory usage while you’re playing.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

BarrelPlug

Post by BarrelPlug »

Highly appreciated community, :hi:
I've been reading here for weeks and got many tips from all of you about what to look out for when buying a PC for FS19. Many thanks to all of you.

Also I have to change very soon from the PS4 with the FS19 to the PC and consider the following purchase:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FV84qp

Short form, for those who do not want to click the link extra:
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
- Gigabyte B450M Gaming MB
- Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT Gaming OC 6 GB
- Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
- G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory
- be quiet! pure base 500 case
- be quiet! pure power 11 CM 500 W PSU

The prices and stores offered here are irrelavant for me since I live in Germany. So this is only about the pure technology. And no, Intel does not like to come into my house. :coolnew:

I will not play any high class games now or in the future, but I want to play FS21 at least and maybe even experience FS23 with the system. Maybe. Glass ball, I know.

The case has to fit in a certain place, therefore Midi-Tower and I attach importance to quiet operation. The CPU is boxed, yes, but I want to buy it first, listen to it then and maybe upgrade to a water cooling later.

I would be very happy about your feedback and recommendations.
FS19-Rookie / since 04-2020 played on PS4 console / since 11-2020 now played on PC