Small Guide on PC's

j_maybury

Re: Small Guide on PC's

Post by j_maybury »

I even played it across two acer K222HQL monitors, max setting with only a slight stutter if I loaded the farmyard with an excessive amount of equipment and buildings, and then only happened when facing the yard. and most of that was due to using over-complicated mods.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FS might support it, just remember it not being very useful from when I was into technology.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:15 pm FS might support it, just remember it not being very useful from when I was into technology.
How did you manage to kill off your NVIDIA 1660 TI, if you don't mind me asking?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:37 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:15 pm FS might support it, just remember it not being very useful from when I was into technology.
How did you manage to kill off your NVIDIA 1660 TI, if you don't mind me asking?
Not sure, thinking using the sleep button on my keyboard, and it would spin fans up I no the middle of the night sometimes, so think it maybe been running still (left Fs on but paused), and think it thermal throttled itself overnight (and maybe not being the greatest at dust cleanup...). But pure speculation (also was an OEM card so probably not the best silicon)
So really have no clue to what actually did it in, just some ideas of what potentially did. Thankfully its still limbing enough I can access the computer if needed.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:46 pm Not sure, thinking using the sleep button on my keyboard, and it would spin fans up I no the middle of the night sometimes, so think it maybe been running still (left Fs on but paused), and think it thermal throttled itself overnight (and maybe not being the greatest at dust cleanup...). But pure speculation (also was an OEM card so probably not the best silicon)
So really have no clue to what actually did it in, just some ideas of what potentially did. Thankfully its still limbing enough I can access the computer if needed.
Have you thought of getting it repaired? there are some good repair shops that could diagnose it and give you a quote, it could be something as simple as a bad capacitor which could be a simple and easy fix, you might be looking at a cost of £50 for a fully working 1660TI. it could be something as simple as replacing the thermal compound.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:03 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:46 pm Not sure, thinking using the sleep button on my keyboard, and it would spin fans up I no the middle of the night sometimes, so think it maybe been running still (left Fs on but paused), and think it thermal throttled itself overnight (and maybe not being the greatest at dust cleanup...). But pure speculation (also was an OEM card so probably not the best silicon)
Have you thought of getting it repaired? there are some good repair shops that could diagnose it and give you a quote, it could be something as simple as a bad capacitor which could be a simple and easy fix, you might be looking at a cost of £50 for a fully working 1660TI. it could be something as simple as replacing the thermal compound.
It’s giving an error code 43 which is either bad drivers (reinstalled multiple times), or cooked GPU. Haven’t baked it though (could temporarily solve)
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:09 pm
It’s giving an error code 43 which is either bad drivers (reinstalled multiple times), or cooked GPU. Haven’t baked it though (could temporarily solve)
Have you ran GPU-Z, if not load it from here https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/
It will give you a full readout status of your GPU card and its temps.

Don't bake it that never works and could make things worse.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Join the forum on the web site I sent you and ask for help.
But try this first. https://youtu.be/2wKcDe6S0CU
JTACE

Post by JTACE »

Hello everybody.
I do not know if this would be the topic where it should be but it seems to be the most suitable.
I bought a laptop more or less 4 years ago with the following specifications

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-51-72N9 DDR4-SDRAM Notebook (17.3 ") 1920 x 1080 pixels 7th gen Intel® Core ™ i7 8 GB 1256 GB HDD + SSD NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti Windows 10.

initially bought to play fs17 but thinking about fs19.
on fs 17 i played without problems because i knew little about pc games and the image quality / performance was still not in my mind.
but when fs19 came out, it was when i started to enter more into the world of pc / farming simulator.
after a while playing fs 19 was when i discovered the NVIDIA GeForce expirience I installed and the image quality and performance were excellent (60 stable fps).
after a while I'm not sure why (I suspect it was a Windows update) the fs19 no longer appeared on the list of games for optimization of NVIDIA GeForce expirience.
I tried everything they said on the internet to get back up and running but nothing worked.
over time, image quality and performance have dropped.
example of that yesterday i played on the map "no mans land" which is still almost of origin, and the average fps were 45 in the medium definition.
I also tried to research if the number of mods installed (I have 21 GB in mods) influences the performance but I didn't find anything and I'm in doubt if it influences.

can someone help me or give me some advice?

thanks
Guil

Post by Guil »

JTACE wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:12 pm Hello everybody.
I do not know if this would be the topic where it should be but it seems to be the most suitable.
I bought a laptop more or less 4 years ago with the following specifications

can someone help me or give me some advice?

thanks

Happens regularly with Geforce experience. Uninstall everything related to it and hopefully it works after a reinstall. Unless you delete game.xml in your fs folder then all the graphics settings in game will be the same so no need to run it more than once unless you have added new hardware.

I'd imagine your problem is down to too many half arsed mods, you seem to only have 8gb of ram too which won't help matters but you will notice that in areas of a map that you have lots of equipment, performance will go down. Not a lot you can do other than be more selective with mods and try not to store lots of equipment in an area. May be possible to add more ram too but won't be a magic pill

Create a new thread and post your log in it if you want some of us to have a look and see is there anything causing issues with the game
JTACE

Post by JTACE »

I already tried that and even replaced the PC in the factory settings and when I reinstalled Geforce expirience it would appear but when I went to select in the image it said that the game had not been found and after that it disappears and says that there are no games to perform.
I didn't understand well the part where you said :
Unless you delete game.xml in your fs folder then all the graphics settings in game will be the same so no need to run it more than once unless you have added new hardware.
i leave here the game.xml to.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<game>

<language>9</language>

-<graphic>

-<display>

<width>1920</width>

<height>1080</height>

<gamma>1</gamma>

<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>

<vsync adaptive="true">true</vsync>

<userConfirmed>true</userConfirmed>

<previousWidth>1600</previousWidth>

<previousHeight>900</previousHeight>

<brightness>1.500000</brightness>

<scaling>1.000000</scaling>

</display>

-<scalability>

<gpuPerformanceClass>auto</gpuPerformanceClass>

<performanceClass>Medium</performanceClass>

</scalability>

<renderer>D3D_11</renderer>

</graphic>

<audio volume="1.000000" enable="true"/>

-<input>

<joystick enable="true" deadzone="0.14" vibration="false"/>

<mouse enable="true"/>

<keyboard enable="true"/>

<headTracking tobiieyex="true" trackir="true" active="true"/>

</input>

-<logging>

<file enable="true" filename="log.txt"/>

<console enable="true"/>

</logging>

-<development>

<controls>true</controls>

</development>

<startMode>1</startMode>

</game>
you will notice that in areas of a map that you have lots of equipment, performance will go down.
this is exactly what happens and I already suspected that there would be nothing to do about it, and I haven't changed any hardware.
in my head I thought that the number of mods would not affect performance because most mods are from modhub but it seems like it was a mistake to think like that because I was used to playing on PS4 and it was a big step to come to PC
but thanks for the tips ;)

I leave log in other post since it is large and does not fit here :lol:
Last edited by JTACE on Sat May 15, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
JTACE

Post by JTACE »

I have this problem to show you the log but how can I get around this
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
Your message contains 887593 characters.
The maximum number of allowed characters is 99999.
:lol:
Guil

Post by Guil »

JTACE wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:51 pm I have this problem to show you the log but how can I get around this
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
Your message contains 887593 characters.
The maximum number of allowed characters is 99999.
:lol:
Create a new thread with your log rather than posting in this thread.
Re the game.xml, that stores information about your graphics settings so as long as you do not delete that, then the settings GE applied will stay.
JTACE

Post by JTACE »

i posted one call log
ohhh no, i would never do that
StevenD

Post by StevenD »

L2K Perma wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:05 am Seems this topic comes up about every week or two so figured I'd make a post specifically about it.

A lot of info in the spoiler below
In order to even run Farming Simulator 19, you'll need an i3-2100T or FX-4100 processor, though these processors are quite old and thus you'll be restricted to low quality and low fps, even with a decent graphics card. This is due to a term called bottlenecking, essentially, the processor can not send data to the graphics card fast enough even when it's using 100% of the CPU.

Graphics cards can also be a bottleneck, rather than the CPU being unable to send data fast enough, a GPU bottleneck is where the GPU can not keep up with the data that the CPU is sending. For Farming Simulator 19, the minium requirement is a GTX 650 or a Radeon HD 7770. This will also only be able to play the game on low settings and low fps.

The other important thing in the computer for gaming wise is the memory or rather the amount of ram in it. Farming Simulator 19 requires 4 GB at least. However most gamers will tell you that the minimum for games today is more like 8 GB while 16 GB being the current favorite.

Now that I've talked about the minimum requirements I'll talk about some recommendation parts that should be able to easily run the game while being somewhat budget friendly.

For a processor I would go with either an i5-8400 which you can get new for about $200 while AMD wise I'd go with a Ryzen 5 1600, cheaper than the i5 but still a decent CPU.

While Farming Simulator 19 is not a very demanding game compared to others I would recommend a GTX 1060, GTX 970 or GTX 1660 Ti for NVIDIA cards or the RX 580 or RX 570 for AMD cards.

Ram will depend on the motherboard and processor that your using, there's not much difference between specific ones, however you need to find out if the system requires ddr3 or ddr4 ram.

Buying used is also another option for budget buyers. Of course there are risks with buying used. One recommendation I have is that if you're buying used components, always ask the seller if you can test the parts before paying.
Below are some sites to help with computer components which I personally use and certainly will help when either picking out a prebuilt or your own parts.

http://www.pcpartpicker.com Useful for putting your own computer together. Helps by automatically making sure your parts are compatible with each other as well as listing the power required for your system and generally chooses the lowest price for the part from a list of about 10 websites.

http://www.game-debate.com Useful for looking at how well parts do in gaming. You can test how well a CPU and GPU setup will do in nearly any game. Quick note: For Farming Simulator 19, the graphics portion seems on however the CPU portion seems way off or switched around from what it should be on the recommended vs minimum settings.

If you're unsure about a system or looking for more help, then please post below and I'll be sure to take a look.
No matter what your experience level is, you should use PCPartPicker. It not only has everything you need to buy, it also lets you build your PC piece by piece right there on the website, making sure all your hardware will play nicely together. It even has a few example builds you can tweak to your liking.