Small Guide on PC's

gordon861

Re: Small Guide on PC's

Post by gordon861 »

allstops wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:29 pm Sidebar, since I play on my TV in my LR (yes, with my PC, no dedicated space :( ), wondering what the most cost efficient way to take advantage of the 4K is, would a 2080 work, or do I need the Ti version to get good 4K? Anybody doing 4K with good results with a less expensive option?
I'm running 4k with a 2070 with no problems, FS19 seems to dislike pushing the GFX/CPU to 100%. Running, widow mode, on a 4k monitor sandwiched between 2x 1080HD screens. CCTV monitoring running on one screen and YouTube/Internet on the other. Stupid number of MODs so game takes a while to startup, often appears to hang. Rest of the spec is an i7-8700k and 32GB RAM.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Ok so I've been doing some research into building or buying a sufficient PC game rig. I've come to realize though that I really have no idea about any of it as far as what would work best for reasonable results and a fairly low budget of $450. I wish I could do more but its just not possible at this point in time.

I'm looking into getting a rig that could efficiently run FS19 as well as programs like Blender and Giants Editor. I'm not looking for something capable of running 4k or on ultra high game settings. More so medium high settings. I'm also looking for something that could easily be upgraded.

As far as building from scratch I really don't know if an OS is included or if that is a separate purchase. As I said I have a very tight budget to work with and very limited knowledge.

I am asking for community help as there are no better people to ask than the game players with computer knowledge and experience.

Any insight on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

iB055 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:53 pm Ok so I've been doing some research into building or buying a sufficient PC game rig. I've come to realize though that I really have no idea about any of it as far as what would work best for reasonable results and a fairly low budget of $450. I wish I could do more but its just not possible at this point in time.

I'm looking into getting a rig that could efficiently run FS19 as well as programs like Blender and Giants Editor. I'm not looking for something capable of running 4k or on ultra high game settings. More so medium high settings. I'm also looking for something that could easily be upgraded.

As far as building from scratch I really don't know if an OS is included or if that is a separate purchase. As I said I have a very tight budget to work with and very limited knowledge.

I am asking for community help as there are no better people to ask than the game players with computer knowledge and experience.

This should be able to easily run FS in 1080p, as well as blender and giants editor. It's a little bit over the budget you posted but not by much.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xXBNRJ

Also yes, you do need to buy the operating system. 95% of enthusiasts on YouTube will tell you to buy the OS off a key reseller as they are far cheaper, bought my windows 10 pro OS for about $15 whereas to buy it from Microsoft, it would have been over $100.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
Daviss42

Post by Daviss42 »

Iv had to send my prebuilt system back after 2 days :( was getting system crashes where my computer would black screen spin the fans to max and become unresponsive until I disconnect power. Had fs installed with like 30 mods already and was enjoying playing with follow me/GPS. **** happens though and I should have it back next week

Oh and to top it off I couldn't get a taxi or lift to my nearest DPD drop off point so had to carry my computer in boxs it came (big box) 0.3miles down the road now (with quite a few breaks due to arm muscle seizing up) 0.3 miles is nothing unless your carrying a heavy computer and awkward to hold box so safe to say I was annoyed,tired and aching but nothing was stopping me yesterday I was a man on a mission haha anyways sorry for long post and touch wood It comes back next week running perfectly
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

L2K Perma wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:06 pm
iB055 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:53 pm Ok so I've been doing some research into building or buying a sufficient PC game rig. I've come to realize though that I really have no idea about any of it as far as what would work best for reasonable results and a fairly low budget of $450. I wish I could do more but its just not possible at this point in time.

This should be able to easily run FS in 1080p, as well as blender and giants editor. It's a little bit over the budget you posted but not by much.

Also yes, you do need to buy the operating system. 95% of enthusiasts on YouTube will tell you to buy the OS off a key reseller as they are far cheaper, bought my windows 10 pro OS for about $15 whereas to buy it from Microsoft, it would have been over $100.
As a rouge guide how would that build compaire to an Xbox One? I'm looking to get PC and don't want to downgrade the visuals.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:08 pm
L2K Perma wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:06 pm

As a rouge guide how would that build compaire to an Xbox One? I'm looking to get PC and don't want to downgrade the visuals.
If I recall I believe the graphics card in the Xbox One X is similar in performance to the RX 580, so visually they'd likely be about the same, however, while I can't say for the X, I know most games on Xbox run about medium settings compared to PC.

I also took a look at user benchmarks and the 570, averaged 51 fps on The Witcher 3 on max settings on 1080p, so FS19, should be no problem at max.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I would think a 4GB 570 wouldn't be as good as an 8GB 580? I read MS are cagey about the GPU but I also read an 8GB 580 should be close.
I think I need to ensure I get a decent enough CPU (3ghz-ish?) and a motherboard that has room to upgrade. I won't be running anything more demanding than FS19, Spintires and modding tools.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:49 pm I would think a 4GB 570 wouldn't be as good as an 8GB 580? I read MS are cagey about the GPU but I also read an 8GB 580 should be close.
I think I need to ensure I get a decent enough CPU (3ghz-ish?) and a motherboard that has room to upgrade. I won't be running anything more demanding than FS19, Spintires and modding tools.
It's about a 15% difference in total performance, but when it comes to games it'll vary. Here is the link on user benchmark that compares the two cards.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/A ... 3923vs3924

As far as cpu and motherboards go, you'll have to do a bit of research on specifics.

As I said on the previous page to one of your posts, if you have a specific budget, I can work around that to build a decent pc.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

L2K Perma wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:13 pm
SJ_Sathanas wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:49 pm I would think a 4GB 570 wouldn't be as good as an 8GB 580? I read MS are cagey about the GPU but I also read an 8GB 580 should be close.
It's about a 15% difference in total performance, but when it comes to games it'll vary. Here is the link on user benchmark that compares the two cards.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/A ... 3923vs3924

As far as cpu and motherboards go, you'll have to do a bit of research on specifics.

As I said on the previous page to one of your posts, if you have a specific budget, I can work around that to build a decent pc.
Oh yes you did. I'm really not sure, £700 to begin with? I'd rather build one, or buy one a year or two old and modify it. Oh and I would prefer a full size case and HDMI output of possible as I'll have to use my TV rather than a monitor.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:39 pm Oh yes you did. I'm really not sure, £700 to begin with? I'd rather build one, or buy one a year or two old and modify it. Oh and I would prefer a full size case and HDMI output of possible as I'll have to use my TV rather than a monitor.
Going off conversion to USD, this should be just within your budget, since you said you wanted to do some modeling and be able to upgrade I went with a Ryzen 7 2700x, with an x470 mobo which shouldn't really hinder upgrading. To start I gave you a 240 GB ssd which will be good enough for modding programs and FS with a couple other games as well, though, that all depends on the game I suppose lol. The graphics card also has an HDMI on it so you'll be fine with using your tv.

Here's the parts list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZVMJjy
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

iB055

Post by iB055 »

L2K Perma wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:06 pm This should be able to easily run FS in 1080p, as well as blender and giants editor. It's a little bit over the budget you posted but not by much.

Thanks, I've looked into that and found a couple ways to reduce the cost a bit without compromising overall specs or compatibility. Still shopping for a good deal on an OS.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Guil

Post by Guil »

You can use Windows for free with just a little watermark on the bottom right corner.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Guil wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:54 am You can use Windows for free with just a little watermark on the bottom right corner.
I think I saw a video a while back where the only problem with an unregistered Win10 was the inability to change the screen background, other than that everything else works for ever.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

gordon861 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:00 am
Guil wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:54 am You can use Windows for free with just a little watermark on the bottom right corner.
I think I saw a video a while back where the only problem with an unregistered Win10 was the inability to change the screen background, other than that everything else works for ever.
That is correct as far as I know. And the watermark at the lower right corner (not visible in game).
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Daviss42

Post by Daviss42 »

The i5 9400f is a good CPU for its price point. It doesn't come with integrated graphics so you'll need a GPU but its single core is better than ryzens and you don't have to overclock to get 4Ghz
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X