Small Guide on PC's

janie2

Re: Small Guide on PC's

Post by janie2 »

L2K Perma wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:05 am Seems this topic comes up about every week or two so figured I'd make a post specifically about it.

A lot of info in the spoiler below
In order to even run Farming Simulator 19, you'll need an i3-2100T or FX-4100 processor, though these processors are quite old and thus you'll be restricted to low quality and low fps, even with a decent graphics card. This is due to a term called bottlenecking, essentially, the processor can not send data to the graphics card fast enough even when it's using 100% of the CPU.

Graphics cards can also be a bottleneck, rather than the CPU being unable to send data fast enough, a GPU bottleneck is where the GPU can not keep up with the data that the CPU is sending. For Farming Simulator 19, the minium requirement is a GTX 650 or a Radeon HD 7770. This will also only be able to play the game on low settings and low fps.

The other important thing in the computer for gaming wise is the memory or rather the amount of ram in it. Farming Simulator 19 requires 4 GB at least. However most gamers will tell you that the minimum for games today is more like 8 GB while 16 GB being the current favorite.

Now that I've talked about the minimum requirements I'll talk about some recommendation parts that should be able to easily run the game while being somewhat budget friendly.

For a processor I would go with either an i5-8400 which you can get new for about $200 while AMD wise I'd go with a Ryzen 5 1600, cheaper than the i5 but still a decent CPU.

While Farming Simulator 19 is not a very demanding game compared to others I would recommend a GTX 1060, GTX 970 or GTX 1660 Ti for NVIDIA cards or the RX 580 or RX 570 for AMD cards.

Ram will depend on the motherboard and processor that your using, there's not much difference between specific ones, however you need to find out if the system requires ddr3 or ddr4 ram.

Buying used is also another option for budget buyers. Of course there are risks with buying used. One recommendation I have is that if you're buying used components, always ask the seller if you can test the parts before paying.
Below are some sites to help with computer components which I personally use and certainly will help when either picking out a prebuilt or your own parts.

http://www.pcpartpicker.com Useful for putting your own computer together. Helps by automatically making sure your parts are compatible with each other as well as listing the power required for your system and generally chooses the lowest price for the part from a list of about 10 websites.

http://www.game-debate.com Useful for looking at how well parts do in gaming. You can test how well a CPU and GPU setup will do in nearly any game. Quick note: For Farming Simulator 19, the graphics portion seems on however the CPU portion seems way off or switched around from what it should be on the recommended vs minimum settings.

If you're unsure about a system or looking for more help, then please post below and I'll be sure to take a look.
Thankyou so much for this helping material.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Good guidelines if building your own. But this also mean noone will help you debug whats not working. Did you damage your motherboard with that screwdriver when you fastened your CPU fan? Was the memory stick a bad match for that mb or CPU? Is the PSU dead or is the motherboars just not starting up? Do you have spare parts to use to test what component is misbehaving?

I've built all my PCs which is a handful and currently have 4 under my desk, but Ive also had some issues to resolve and seriously considered paying for a ready solution this time around to be able to remove some unknowns.

Also, in an attempt to minimize risk I end up with a lot of premium parts, so Im not exactly saving money, but at least the end result has typically been good..

Personally I wouldnt recommend building your own unless you feel somewhat comfortable with it, know someone that can help you, or are willing to spend some time researching. Toms hardware guide have been a good source of info for me at least.
Farmer-Giles

Post by Farmer-Giles »

Been toying with the idea of either building or buying a off the shelf pc but as funds are not huge I'd like to know if AMD Ryzen 5 5600G CPU with Wraith Stealth Cooler, AM4, 3.9GHz (4.4 Turbo), 6-Core, 65W, 19MB Cache, 7nm, 5th Gen, Radeon Graphics would play fs22 reasonably well until I can ave up and afford to have a dedicated graphics card installed.
Would be looking to have min of 16gb memory.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

Farmer-Giles wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:57 pm Been toying with the idea of either building or buying a off the shelf pc but as funds are not huge I'd like to know if AMD Ryzen 5 5600G CPU with Wraith Stealth Cooler, AM4, 3.9GHz (4.4 Turbo), 6-Core, 65W, 19MB Cache, 7nm, 5th Gen, Radeon Graphics would play fs22 reasonably well until I can ave up and afford to have a dedicated graphics card installed.
Would be looking to have min of 16gb memory.
Unfortunately it looks like the integrated graphics on the 5600g likely would not run the game very well as performance wise it isn’t quite up to par with the minimum requirements. That being said, you may still be able to play the game on the absolute bare minimum of settings at a possibly passable frame rate.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I will through this out for anyone looking for a computer for this game, FS19 (and 22 maybe?) isn't as resource hungry as some may think.
An RTX 2060 (EVGA KO Ultra) and i5-9400f (256gb SSD, 8gb RAM, all stuffed into an HP Pavilion Gaming) are at ~50-60% load with settings maxed on 1080p and an unhealthy (:lol:) amount of mods.
YMMV

Edit A While Later:
This is playing on Medicine Creek, I didn't think to hit F2 on Griffin Indiana to get FPS there or tab out to task manager.

I checked, settings are definitely maxed, and I did not check CPU core load, so 60% overall CPU usage could've been with the main FS thread pinning a core @ 100%
Not sure how 22 compares to 19 for performance hunger.
Also it likes it's VRAM apparently, most of a 6gb card was being used up.

Also, I was moderately shocked to discover my Medicine Creek save seems to not like 60FPS but 30-40 is nicely synced/not a screen tearing mess/not a start stop slideshow. Am not sure weather it's CPU core performance, a bandwidth limit of my hardware, or just something inherent to the design of GIANTS Engine's code that causes it to not max out components.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

If a map hasn't been tested/approved by Giants, then performance may be sub-optimal compared to Giants basegame and ModHub maps.There's nothing to insist it's optimised in any way.

FS22 generally runs a couple of threads near 100%. I've got 12 cores in my PC, when I go check Task Manager as it's running two at 100% and full turbo, the rest of the cores picking up the other threads as and when.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Medicine Creek Farms is a pretty terrible map in terms of performance generally and I’m aware of that, just was sharing that it and my not pretty mod folder run relatively well/smoothly on mid range hardware from a few years ago.

Also out of curiosity what CPU you running along with what video card?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

i9-10920X, RTX 3070.

The way that CPU works, it has a couple of preferred cores that do 4.8GHz so they do the heavy lifting with FS22.
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

I have a Lenovo Legion i5 with a 11400h mobile chip and a laptop 3060 GPU, at 1080p max quality settings it runs smoothly at 60FPS.
robbyb2203

Post by robbyb2203 »

If you're on 1080P(like most of us) you don't need more than a RX570+ R5 2600+16GB RAM,that's what i have and i play this game with no issues on high settings
croc25

Post by croc25 »

Hello,
My name is William and I need some advice on what graphics card to buy that would be compatible with my present Motherboard, Cpu etc.
Currently medium is all about my Gtx960 can muster.
Have been looking at a Gtx1660s/ti or a Gtx2070 of some kind but really don't have a clue as to what would be the best to get.
The budget is about £300 ish.

Processor AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Baseboard Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Any help would be really gratefully received as It's making me pull my hair out.

Thank you.
elmike

Post by elmike »

Hi,

the only real compatibility issue that i see would be the power supply. My GTX960 4GB needs a six-pin cable from the PSU, beefier cards might need more. What PSU do you have.

Your system is quite dated, so that might be a botteneck, too. I went from a Phenom II 955 with 8GB RAM to a Ryzen 5 5600x with 32GB of RAM, keeping the GTX960. That alone gave me some fps more, not speaking of the much faster loading times.

I can't recommend you any specific card.
I am also thinking of upgrading, but the 960 is still good enough for me... So for me it is rather scanning eBay ... I found a few 970s for less than 100€ ... Tempting.

Elmike
croc25

Post by croc25 »

So I have removed a year's worth of dust out of my PC today and found out that I have,
1TB Hard drive,
8GB DDR3 1600 ram,
500w PSU
GTX960 2GB though with a 6-pin PSU.

Was thinking if another 8GB ram would help matters as well.
What's the thoughts about an SSD hard drive??
elmike

Post by elmike »

Hi,

an SSD would greatly speed up the PC in general, so if you plan to use your PC longer, that might be the single most effective upgrade.... but if won't give you more fps.

In my opinion, the PSU should be sufficient for up to 300W for the graphics card... your CPU draws 95W, so there should be enough left for the system.

If you get more RAM, it is best to get the same RAM as are already in use, then you won't have issues with timing, etc. Also take care of RAM placement. If you mainboard has four slots, it should be labelled, which ones should be used togehter.

In general, your system is quite dated... but a complete new PC will set you back more than just the 300 pounds you want to spend...
So i'd got for components you can reuse in a new PC, like the SSD.

elmike
croc25

Post by croc25 »

Thank you elmike, Lots to think about then. I may just try the GPU and Memory and possibly a bigger PSU first as a seller has listed the exact same memory as I have on eBay so am going to get that. Then an SSD to give the rest a bit of a speed up.