Small Guide on PC's

Aholz89

Re: Small Guide on PC's

Post by Aholz89 »

Okay guys, I need some help.

I am stuck between two options due to good offers this month.

First one. Desktop

Phanteks Eclipse P400A RGB Black
ASUS GeForce RTX3060 DUAL OC V2
Intel Core i5-11600K Prosessor, Tray
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Black, 3200MHz 16GB
Kingston NV1 NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB
ASUS ROG Strix B560-F GAMING WIFI Motherboard
Corsair TX650M, 650W PSU

Second one. Laptop

Intel core i7-9750h
Geforce RTX 2070 max-Q
HyperX impact DDR4 2666Mhz 32GB
Kingston NV1 NVMe M.2 SSD 500gb
WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD

I like the idea of a desktop, but laptop seems convenient. I have benchmarked these and compared them as good as i can, having some trouble with finding the exact model of the rtx 3060 in the desktop on these benchmark sites.

The laptop is obviosly the most economic choice, but desktop is always better? Or is it?

Edit: Some translations
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

The desktop has a more powerful CPU and GPU.
The laptop has more storage and RAM.
Both are more than capable of playing FS.

So it really boils down to what you prefer. The desktop probably could easily have more storage added in the future if needed.
As for your benchmark question they aren’t benchmarked off of the edition/version/design but off of the silicon/GPU die. All RTX3060’s are the same chip/die (ignoring silicon wafers varying) but depending on the design have different power buses, cooling systems, and boards
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
elmike

Post by elmike »

Hello,

if you plan to play on the go regularly or have no fixed place for the desktop, go for the laptop.
If not already available, you also may need a monitor and a full-size keyboard, also for the laptop. Always looking down at the display hurts the neck.
The desktop has a liquid cooling: That needs to be taken care of regularly, so I'd go for air cooling (i.e. Arctic 34 Duo if fitting).

Elmike
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Yes I am in need of monitor, keyboard and mouse as well. The desktop has liquid cooled cpu due to its downside of getting really hot I guess, but I'll look into it. This desktop is pre-built on demand and an offer they have this month. Next month probably something similar
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'd go with the desktop if you have the space and don't need it on the go. Liquid cooling is just more efficient after a point. Downside with the laptop (any of them) is heat
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Thanks for the help guys!
cajunmanf450

Post by cajunmanf450 »

I didnt see this post a couple days ago when I posted a new post. I am looking at moving over to PC for my FS fix. My problem is I travel a lot to offshore rigs by chopper and I am limited on baggage weight. I was looking at going with a mini pc. I dont really want to go with a laptop as I already have to carry a company laptop. The main reason I am looking at mini pc is most places or rigs I go to have a TV in the rooms and I can just connect to the tv to play my game. Does anyone have any suggestions on mini pc?
Cajunmanf450
Oilfield Trash Making Oilfield Cash
Thank you for your support.
avrumi1

Post by avrumi1 »

I was going to suggest a 1050ti lol, I have one but I know for definite you can get one for SFF as I saw them when searching for the one I bought. They don't need any power connector so that's a bonus but it will be a massive upgrade on what you currently have.
Redneck_Jon_Ghotti

Post by Redneck_Jon_Ghotti »

I’m about to cross over from console to PC side. New system recommendations on pc requirements has me somewhat puzzled! What CPU and GPU would you recommend for a starting out pc gamer that will run FS22? And still play some FS19.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Redneck_Jon_Ghotti wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:39 pm I’m about to cross over from console to PC side. New system recommendations on pc requirements has me somewhat puzzled! What CPU and GPU would you recommend for a starting out pc gamer that will run FS22? And still play some FS19.
Settings (both graphical and display resolution) and mod quantity are important as they can wildly vary requirements.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
JaggedOne

Post by JaggedOne »

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I just wanted to give an FYI on what system can play this game. When I became interested in FS 19, I was afraid my old system would not be powerful enough. I asked on reddit and was told no way, even if it loads it will be a 2-3 fps slideshow. I decided to give it a try anyway.

I had my system custom built by DSO (https://www.digitalstorm.com) in Nov 2011 to play Star Wars:The Old Republic. I got it just in time to begin early access play on 12-07-2011. At the time, it was a hot rocket system.

Cooler Master HAF 932 case
Intel Core i7 2600K
ASUS P8P67 MB
8GB DDR3 1600MHz (later expanded to 16 GB)
600W Corsair CX600 V2 power supply
1TB WD Caviar (7200 RPM) HD
Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer
ATI Radeon HD 6950 1GB graphics card

Despite the doomsaying on reddit, FS 19 runs jimdandy fine on this ancient system. I run Medium hardware resolution at 1280x960 on a 23.5" LCD monitor (the 1280x960 is mostly because higher resolutions make things smaller and harder for my old eyes to see). The game runs great, it's smooth, no stutter whatsoever, and everything looks fine to me....I'm sure if I had a hot new system everything would be dropdead gorgeous, but I am both surprised and satisfied with how good it looks. Based on my gaming experience, I am getting a solid 30 fps (I remember when that was a big deal...lol).

Thanks for a great game, Giants !!!!
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

JaggedOne wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:09 am Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I just wanted to give an FYI on what system can play this game. When I became interested in FS 19, I was afraid my old system would not be powerful enough. I asked on reddit and was told no way, even if it loads it will be a 2-3 fps slideshow. I decided to give it a try anyway.

I had my system custom built by DSO (https://www.digitalstorm.com) in Nov 2011 to play Star Wars:The Old Republic. I got it just in time to begin early access play on 12-07-2011. At the time, it was a hot rocket system.

Cooler Master HAF 932 case
Intel Core i7 2600K
ASUS P8P67 MB
8GB DDR3 1600MHz (later expanded to 16 GB)
600W Corsair CX600 V2 power supply
1TB WD Caviar (7200 RPM) HD
Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer
ATI Radeon HD 6950 1GB graphics card

Despite the doomsaying on reddit, FS 19 runs jimdandy fine on this ancient system. I run Medium hardware resolution at 1280x960 on a 23.5" LCD monitor (the 1280x960 is mostly because higher resolutions make things smaller and harder for my old eyes to see). The game runs great, it's smooth, no stutter whatsoever, and everything looks fine to me....I'm sure if I had a hot new system everything would be dropdead gorgeous, but I am both surprised and satisfied with how good it looks. Based on my gaming experience, I am getting a solid 30 fps (I remember when that was a big deal...lol).

Thanks for a great game, Giants !!!!
Can’t say for the Reddit crowd, but your pc spec wise definitely beats the minimum requirements so not sure why they told you it would run poorly. Sure it might be old for a pc but still a capable system for fs.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
JaggedOne

Post by JaggedOne »

L2K Perma wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:17 am Can’t say for the Reddit crowd, but your pc spec wise definitely beats the minimum requirements so not sure why they told you it would run poorly. Sure it might be old for a pc but still a capable system for fs.
Thanks for your reply !!!

The minimum reqts call for the following under Video Card:

- Nvidia Geforce GTX 650, AMD Radeon HD 7770 graphics card or better (min. 2 GB VRAM, DX11 support)

My ATI Radeon HD 6950 card is (1) older than the 7770 and (2) only has 1 GB of VRAM.
Nonethess, the game runs fine, so I'm a happy camper.

BTW, for those who say good grief, dude, isn't is about time you got a new system !?!?! Yes, BUT....this is the worst possible time. There is a world-wide chip shortage, not to mention all the kerfluffle with video cards and data mining and all that. Lastly, just when Windows 10 finally settles down and gets more or less stable, what do they do ? Well, they release Windows 11, of course !! I have learned the hard way never to install a brand new Windows version....you need at least one service pack plus enough time to make sure that said service pack was not itself bugged. We learned this the hard way doing software development in the early 90s. Windows 3.0 was so unstable that we got several crashes and/or BSODs a day. Win 3.1 was a bit more stable, but when Windows NT 3.1 came out in the summer of 1993 and our tests showed it to be rock solid and almost impossible to crash, even on purpose, we bit the bullet and jumped to NT. FYI, Win 3.11 (and WfWG 3.11) finally provided acceptable stability when it came out in late 1993, but we stayed with NT until 95 came out and stabilized.

So, Ima give Windows 11 some time to stabilize. Perhaps Santa will grace me with new system for Christmas 2022. :)
elmike

Post by elmike »

Hi,

your system is below the requirements, but then you are playing below FullHD (1280x960 is 58% of 1920x1080) and on lower settings. So unless you are hiring a lot of workers and play demanding maps with many machines, that can be fine.
I played a long time on an similarly dated system (AMD Phenom II 955BE, 4x3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 270X with 2 GB VRAM), and i played on FullHD with maxed out settings and got about 30fps.
I upgraded a few months ago to a AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 32GB RAM and a nVidia GeForce GTX960 with 4GB, and the game runs very smooth, 60fps quite solid.
I got the 960 from my wife, as she isn't playing anymore, so that one was free. But that level of graphics cards is availabe quite well for decent prices quite well.
CPUs and the rest for PCs are also having more normal prices now...

Elmike
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Just as an FYI for those of you running AMD systems and Windows 11. I would appear the Microsoft and AMD have fixed the bug that was slowing AMD systems down. I'm back to the frame rates I normally get if not a bit higher.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms