Small Guide on PC's

L2K Perma

Small Guide on PC's

Post by L2K Perma »

Seems this topic comes up about every week or two so figured I'd make a post specifically about it.

A lot of info in the spoiler below
In order to even run Farming Simulator 19, you'll need an i3-2100T or FX-4100 processor, though these processors are quite old and thus you'll be restricted to low quality and low fps, even with a decent graphics card. This is due to a term called bottlenecking, essentially, the processor can not send data to the graphics card fast enough even when it's using 100% of the CPU.

Graphics cards can also be a bottleneck, rather than the CPU being unable to send data fast enough, a GPU bottleneck is where the GPU can not keep up with the data that the CPU is sending. For Farming Simulator 19, the minium requirement is a GTX 650 or a Radeon HD 7770. This will also only be able to play the game on low settings and low fps.

The other important thing in the computer for gaming wise is the memory or rather the amount of ram in it. Farming Simulator 19 requires 4 GB at least. However most gamers will tell you that the minimum for games today is more like 8 GB while 16 GB being the current favorite.

Now that I've talked about the minimum requirements I'll talk about some recommendation parts that should be able to easily run the game while being somewhat budget friendly.

For a processor I would go with either an i5-8400 which you can get new for about $200 while AMD wise I'd go with a Ryzen 5 1600, cheaper than the i5 but still a decent CPU.

While Farming Simulator 19 is not a very demanding game compared to others I would recommend a GTX 1060, GTX 970 or GTX 1660 Ti for NVIDIA cards or the RX 580 or RX 570 for AMD cards.

Ram will depend on the motherboard and processor that your using, there's not much difference between specific ones, however you need to find out if the system requires ddr3 or ddr4 ram.

Buying used is also another option for budget buyers. Of course there are risks with buying used. One recommendation I have is that if you're buying used components, always ask the seller if you can test the parts before paying.
Below are some sites to help with computer components which I personally use and certainly will help when either picking out a prebuilt or your own parts.

http://www.pcpartpicker.com Useful for putting your own computer together. Helps by automatically making sure your parts are compatible with each other as well as listing the power required for your system and generally chooses the lowest price for the part from a list of about 10 websites.

http://www.game-debate.com Useful for looking at how well parts do in gaming. You can test how well a CPU and GPU setup will do in nearly any game. Quick note: For Farming Simulator 19, the graphics portion seems on however the CPU portion seems way off or switched around from what it should be on the recommended vs minimum settings.

If you're unsure about a system or looking for more help, then please post below and I'll be sure to take a look.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
BreadedVirus

Re: Small Guide on PC's

Post by BreadedVirus »

PC PartPicker is a fantastic place. That’s where I built mine...
the big print giveth the small print taketh
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Thank you sir! Been tossing around the idea of switching to pc. Managed to build a decent pc for about $600.

Just gotta keep working this overtime.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Minimum 9900k and 2080 TI
PC: 9600k/1080ti
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

eight_lugs wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:50 am Thank you sir! Been tossing around the idea of switching to pc. Managed to build a decent pc for about $600.

Just gotta keep working this overtime.
No problem, figured this would be pretty helpful for people. I myself spent years wanting a gaming pc but never could afford it. Started off only being able to play Minecraft on flat worlds only computers so they were stuff lol, to then getting a decent laptop that was used for $300 that could play Fallout 4 at 30-60 fps on low settings to my current one.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I'm running an older setup, do want to upgrade my PC eventually. But, right now it gets the job done.

Processor: AMD A10-5800K Quad Core
Video: Radeon RX 560
RAM: 8Gb
_______
This runs FS19 on Very High (Custom) - Custom = Realistic Beacons / Max Mirrors and Maxed Shadow Lights
FS17 - I was running an older video card than that one there. The RX 560 was more powerful and was fairly cheap. The old card I had ran FS17 on Medium Graphics. Had to get me a new card because the old one quit working. Though, not going to lie. Kind of glad, because the Very High Graphics setting looks amazing! :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Guil

Post by Guil »

As requested, I've made this a sticky.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Not to sound negative but wouldn't this subject be better suited in Tech Support or Community Corner?
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Guil

Post by Guil »

Much of a muchness for the moment, the question gets asked here so it's fine here for now.
malachi6

Post by malachi6 »

Generally, purchasing a pc will be cheaper than building. As it will include components not generally thought of. Building nowadays is usually for enthusiasts or upgrades.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

malachi6 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:28 am Generally, purchasing a pc will be cheaper than building. As it will include components not generally thought of. Building nowadays is usually for enthusiasts or upgrades.
I wouldn't say generally, of course it can vary by parts used. 9 times out of 10 if a prebuilt is cheaper, it's due to cheaping out on certain parts, usually the PSU. Don't get me wrong you can certainly find some cheaper but I wouldn't say generally. I just did a quick Amazon search. I found one cheaper and one more expensive for a build similar to my own. The cheaper one had an i7-7700 compared to my system, the more expensive one had a main difference of having an i7-8700k but was $200 more expensive.

Another thing about building your own though is you can also wait for deals and what not if you wanted to. If I would have waited on mine, I could have gotten my ram for $50 cheaper now. I'm not saying that either is better, that's up to the person who is spending the money. If someone is wondering about a buying a prebuilt from the store I'm more than willing to take a look and say whether it's a decent price for what is in it.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

What pre built PC would I be able to walk into a shop or order online, hand over around $1000(AU) and be able to set it up and enjoy FS without pulling anything apart
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:25 pm What pre built PC would I be able to walk into a shop or order online, hand over around $1000(AU) and be able to set it up and enjoy FS without pulling anything apart
Price and spec wise, this one should do the trick. With a quick look at reviews it seems quite favorable for the price point. https://www.newegg.com/p/1VK-005B-000E1

Another decent one spec wise though it does not have any reviews on the site would be this, has the processor I'd recommend for a budget on Intel cpu, and is about $30 cheaper https://www.newegg.com/acer-nitro-50-n5 ... 6883101702

I would also first look as this link to see if you think the performance difference is worth the cost. https://www.game-debate.com/cpu/index.p ... ore-2-8ghz
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Thank you, however the first on is sold out ATM..
I will take this info to my local PC store and get something as similar as possible
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Regarding building you own. Anyone can do it...

https://youtu.be/UXpXIOIa-U0

In this video you can see me and my son disassemble the old computer and rebuild it in a new chassi.

It's a bit extra though with AIO water cooler and Fan controller. I also replace a broken fan on the GPU at the end (and add liquid metal). None of these things are necessary in a PC build.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides