I can't remember what the reason was.
Riven326

Re: PC/Mac/Consoles and what you need to know

Post by Riven326 »

I'd be happy with 2x AA on consoles.
MrChuck523

Post by MrChuck523 »

I would just like to give Giants, Modhub, and ALL the Modders, a great big thank you for supporting consoles. Some of us, due to disability, are not able to use a PC. I am 62 yrs old and I play FS19 from my recliner using only the PS4 controller. I can only sit at pc for a few minutes, but I can play FS all day on PS4 from recliner.
Farming Simulator is awesome, and about the only game I play. If Modders quit making console mods FS would be far too limited and eventually become boring.
I know that I may be in the minority but I just wanted to express my feelings to Giants and all of the Modders.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

MrChuck523 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:24 am I would just like to give Giants, Modhub, and ALL the Modders, a great big thank you for supporting consoles. Some of us, due to disability, are not able to use a PC. I am 62 yrs old and I play FS19 from my recliner using only the PS4 controller. I can only sit at pc for a few minutes, but I can play FS all day on PS4 from recliner.
Farming Simulator is awesome, and about the only game I play. If Modders quit making console mods FS would be far too limited and eventually become boring.
I know that I may be in the minority but I just wanted to express my feelings to Giants and all of the Modders.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
That's certainly one way to play. Though I would like to point out, you could hook up the controller to the computer and still sit on a recliner, depending on how you have your room setup. The computer also has more customization to controllers you can use as well. Seen someone online before where they built an entire tractor cabin in their room and played it that way lol. There are still some games that I play on console over PC though, after all, it's about preference in the end.

I'm currently working on a shed mod and might try to get it on console after it's finished but we'll see about that.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
MrChuck523

Post by MrChuck523 »

[/quote]
That's certainly one way to play. Though I would like to point out, you could hook up the controller to the computer and still sit on a recliner, depending on how you have your room setup. The computer also has more customization to controllers you can use as well. Seen someone online before where they built an entire tractor cabin in their room and played it that way lol. There are still some games that I play on console over PC though, after all, it's about preference in the end.

I'm currently working on a shed mod and might try to get it on console after it's finished but we'll see about that.
[/quote]

I do understand about controller on PC, Although with PC and all the awesome advantages come all of the complexities and configuration. My career was IT tech/manager and Broadcast engineer, but I am no longer able to deal with complexity due to medical issues.
Putting it simply, console is simple. This explains my gratitude for all of the console support.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

MrChuck523 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:34 am I do understand about controller on PC, Although with PC and all the awesome advantages come all of the complexities and configuration. My career was IT tech/manager and Broadcast engineer, but I am no longer able to deal with complexity due to medical issues.
Putting it simply, console is simple. This explains my gratitude for all of the console support.
Ah, that makes it different then. I still mainly play on console for a lot of games and it certainly is much more simpler. Lot less issues with mods, don't have to worry about making sure every little thing is up to date, etc.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

As I see it the big advantage of PC/Mac over console is that you can tweak the mods and the savegame files, so if you need a bit more money or you want to start out owning different fields it is easy to set up.

The big advantage of a PC over a Mac is that you can use GE (GIANTS Editor) - I use it to make changes to maps; move an object out of the way, make the gates open wider and so on. And who knows? You might end creating your own mods. The other thing about PC is that old desktop systems are cheap and they are much easier to upgrade than laptops and Macs.

You can use those mods from other sites - some are very good, most are very poor and you need a good content-screen and to take some care to avoid the spyware and junk on most download sites.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah some mods are a little poor from 3rd Party Sites, they do have some lower quality textures and stuff, can't argue with Guill or blue_painted on that, however very rarely now in my 1121 hours in the game do I sit ogling the vehicles and equipment, I'm usually too busy playing and too busy needing something I've never used before or something new, that makes this play through different from my last one to worry about the textures and the details, plus you know there are some ModHub mods that lack a little bit in detail and texture department so it's not just fair to label the 3rd Party Site mods as being low quality. There are also quite a few ModHub mods that will crash your game and corrupt your savegames if used in combination with other mods as they conflict, and so far despite being reported they have not been fixed by either Giants or the Author who submitted them. When ModHub mods are causing crashes and wiping savegames that's not really a good advert, I'd expect it from some of the lower quality mods on the 3rd Party Sites, the poor converts of many older FS15/FS17 mods and stuff, that's to be expected, a lot of mods on the internet and as we've said you have to search through a lot to find the good ones. The ModHub is however supposed to take that element out of it for players by saying here is the best of the best, the creme_de_la_creme, all these mods have been personally tested by us to ensure they work 100% and are error free. Yet you then go in game buy the Man IT Runner truck you just downloaded and installed from the ModHub and low and behold as soon as the game tries to save it crashes and wipes your save game you have put 150 hours into. Good job on PC though I can restore to an earlier save from the savegameBackup folder. How do console players do that?

I also agree with blue_painted that the ability to open up files on PC and edit stuff, to alter and tweak mods offers way more benefits then is sadly afforded to our console brethren. Though I don't believe in using that power to edit money or mess with savegame files, as that just equals cheating and sadly we've already seen the Government Subsidiary Mods and Money Tool mods come which people can use to cheat so little point messing with your save files, just use them if you must take shortcuts. However using the editing options avilable on PC to change stuff in mods and using the GE to also be able to open and customise any mod to your liking is very valuable, again something I could not be without now and one less reason for me to switch on my PS4 and put the FS19 disc back in and load it up on there. Again for as many hours as I've spent playing the game, I've probably spent as many just tweaking, editing and adjusting mods. Heck I spent rather a lot of time fixing the Estancia Lapacho map that Giants released, because they still don't even do the simplest things like remove all them fake trees, and trees that are clipped under the ground, as well as adjust some of the sell and buy triggers on the map to make them a bit easier to actually activate in the game, with whatever vehicle or tool you are using, as well as adjust and add some extra items that can be sold at the maps sell points, particularly the transport company to then give players a bigger reason to use that train on the map sometimes. While I'm nowhere skilled or talented enough to create a whole map from the ground up, I love editing every map I download to make my own personal changes and adjustments.

I will also touch upon the Playing the game with controller subject. In FS19 I have since day one only played the game with a controller. I never got round to fixing my old Logitech DFGT Wheel and re-connecting it to my PC, which is what I used for playing FS17. Honestly I think the game is a lot more enjoyable and easier for me to play with a controller over the wheel. I know some people will say "A Controller only has so many buttons, you're missing out on stuff." which initially is true, however on PC you can rebind every button on a controller, and add many new ones using button combinations. This is one thing I have to say when I do play on my PS4 I find really annoying. The console version does not allow key rebinding, or even allow you to create key binds for some of the missing functions. Like come on I can't even make a button combo to activate and turn my hazard lights on and off on the console. Unless of course as a PS4 player I fork out for that Logitech Heavy Equipment Side Panel and then I can get some extra functionality. If I was an Xbox Player though I can't do that as the Side Panel is not supported.

Anyway I'd love to stay and chat, but I must get back to Giants Editor and my own Manure & Slurry Mod as I continue to try and find a way to make the slurry move and appear animated without using a script, as Giants won't let me publish it on the ModHub whilst it contains the script. So yeah it may be more Sony and Microsoft's hatred of scripts, but it really falls on Giants to contact them and thrash something out with them to work around that issue or even get that restriction removed. The only thing not allowing scripts in mods does, is stop us the players from playing some really good and unique mods that can really improve and make the gameplay in this game more enjoyable. I can only imagine how good some ModHud Mods and Maps would be if those authors were allowed to use actually scripts. Could you imagine an Alien Jim Map if he could use all the scripts he wanted?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:27 am Blah blah blah...
TL;DR
Blah blah blah...
Maybe you would be interested in this?
viewtopic.php?f=895&t=148588
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Interesting comments about textures on non-modhub mods being poor. First of all, while it may be true for a lot of mods (because anyone can upload anything on 3rd party sites), to dismiss them all on that basis would be like playing FS19 with one hand tied behind your back. As I said before, you do have to trawl through a lot of mods but there are real game-changing gems to be found out there beyond the modhub so its worth the effort. And, as cwattyeso said, it gets easier to find the good mods. Not all the top modders have the inclination to go through Giants' modhub process to release their mods either.
Secondly, I see textures on modhub mods, particularly maps, becoming more and more degraded because of the issue with slots on consoles.

Seems to me there are fewer FS19 modhub mods which are PC/MAC only as compared to FS17 suggesting a trend towards the modhub being for all-platform mods. So if you want a less compromised FS experience on PC it will become imperative to venture beyond the ramparts of the modhub in future.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Guil wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:01 am the vast majority of mods on third party sites are pure trash with horrible textures or the game runs like stuff with them.
I will attest to that. I spent more time in FS2011, 2013, and 15 finding, downloading, editing, fixing, deleting, re-installing the game, etc... on PC than I played. I enjoyed the games on PC (I must've, I'm still here), but I spent a lot of time troubleshooting. Add to the fact that a lot of the mods are completely stupid... 100 ft wide mowers, combines and seeders that work at 30mph. 20,000 hp trucks etc... :lol:

When FS17 was announced I said I wasn't going to buy it. Then they announced that consoles would have access to some mods. I took a gamble and got it for Xbox One. I enjoyed that game more than any of the previous versions. There are some great mods that I missed, but I actually played the game more and got a better experience, personally. Also, I work on a computer all day long and the last thing I want to do is go home and get on a computer.

It's all about personal preference. If I had it to do over, I might get a fairly high-end PC (there are other games I'm interested in) and hook it up to the TV and use it instead of an Xbox, but for now that's what I have and it works for me. I would stick with mods on the official modhub though and leave those others alone.
Last edited by fenixguy on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

@fenixguy

That’s one of the main reasons I am happy with consoles. Apart from the fact it’s easier, I know if I had the pc version I would spend more time messing around with maps and mods than actually playing the game. I doubt I would even stay out of Giants Editor for long.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Rasping Rabbit you should dive into Giants Editor, honestly its fun, to play with and try and figure things out. The lack of really good guides or tutorials to do stuff, even Giants own material is really poor and lacking in details to do even some simple stuff, means using the Editor becomes almost a challenge and a game in itself. I've spent the last four weeks trying to solve an issue with my own mod, so Giants can publish it on the ModHub for all players both PC & Console, and I can not find any information to help me, nor do I get a response when I have contacted a couple of mod author's to ask if they can give me any pointers or instruction on how to do the feature/function I want in Giants Editor.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Guil

Post by Guil »

Check out Giants discord, some great help there.
https://discord.gg/Y5Aq5y