Dually pickup trucks

Riven326

Dually pickup trucks

Post by Riven326 »

Really love this mod. Thanks to whoever made it. I have a quick question though for those that live in Europe. Are dually trucks common in Europe? Whenever I see video or pictureds of European cities, I rarely ever see even a regular pickup truck. It's almost entirely cars and mini cars.
Rasping rabbit

Re: Dually pickup trucks

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Not that I have seen. In the uk anyway I don’t think I have ever seen a dually.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Must not have any rednecks over there
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

That's so strange. They are everywhere here in the States and in Canada. Great utility vehicles. What do the Europeans use in its place?
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

A cart with dual horses maybe?
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Guil

Post by Guil »

Can't see a need for them over here. They are limited in what weight they can have over here and over 7 ton gross with a trailer you would need a CE licence, ie, an actual truck and trailer.
Deora

Post by Deora »

Riven326 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:08 am Really love this mod. Thanks to whoever made it. I have a quick question though for those that live in Europe. Are dually trucks common in Europe? Whenever I see video or pictureds of European cities, I rarely ever see even a regular pickup truck. It's almost entirely cars and mini cars.
The best selling pick up in the Netherlands is the Dodge Ram. Because of some tax benefit a large US style pickup is affordable for businesses. Where i live there are 3 dually trucks. They are all used to pull heavy trailers.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
YoloDonkey

Post by YoloDonkey »

Riven326 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:08 am Really love this mod. Thanks to whoever made it. I have a quick question though for those that live in Europe. Are dually trucks common in Europe? Whenever I see video or pictureds of European cities, I rarely ever see even a regular pickup truck. It's almost entirely cars and mini cars.
No, you wont see them in Europe. Just few of them who have them for a enjoyment or hobby. Most common used trucks or pickups (thats how we call them) are Volkswagen Amarok, Nissan Navara, Ford Ranger, Toyota Hilux etc. I cant imagine the use of the Dodge Ram, just too big for the narrow roads and parking spaces. Also as someone mentioned, bcs of weight regulations you cant load or pull too heavy loads.

But pickups are not that common at all. Most bussinesses use the vans.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Guil wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:57 am Can't see a need for them over here. They are limited in what weight they can have over here and over 7 ton gross with a trailer you would need a CE licence, ie, an actual truck and trailer.
You only need a C or CE licence if the car itself has a permitted weight of more than 7500kg, or the total legal weight of the car + trailer exceeds 12,000kg.
Guil

Post by Guil »

No that's wrong. B which is car or van is up to 3500kg, you need a BE for a trailer over a certain weight but can't remember what that is. C1 is a light truck up 7500kg while C1E is light truck and trailer upto 12000kg.
C is anything over 3500kg and up to whatever the weight limit is of the truck, currently a 5 axle rigid can be 39000kg gross. CE is anything over 3500kg with any trailer as long as the gross weight of the trailer isn't more than the towing capacity of the tractor unit.
YoloDonkey

Post by YoloDonkey »

Exactly as Guil says.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Isn't that also exactly what I said? Of course you CAN drive anything over (or under) 3500kg with any trailer with a CE licence, but you only NEED a C or CE licence if the car itself has a permitted weight of more than 7500kg, or the total legal weight of the car + trailer exceeds 12,000kg. Under that and a C1 or C1E (for trailer) is sufficient.
Guil

Post by Guil »

No, C only covers over 3500kg. Also no car in Ireland is over 3/3500kg, that would be a jeep such as a Toyota landcruiser. Most cars are somewhere in the region of 1200-2000kg.

You can't get C or C1 without first passing a test for B and actually getting the licence.
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

I jad a chevy dually just for fun un 2002 here in Norway, it was regged as a light weight truck C1
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
Deora

Post by Deora »

YoloDonkey wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:37 am
No, you wont see them in Europe. Just few of them who have them for a enjoyment or hobby. Most common used trucks or pickups (thats how we call them) are Volkswagen Amarok, Nissan Navara, Ford Ranger, Toyota Hilux etc. I cant imagine the use of the Dodge Ram, just too big for the narrow roads and parking spaces. Also as someone mentioned, bcs of weight regulations you cant load or pull too heavy loads.

But pickups are not that common at all. Most bussinesses use the vans.
In the Netherlands you see them much more. Last year this was the top 4 pick up’s sold in the Netherlands.

1 Dodge Ram 397 units sold
2 Toyota Hilux 222 units sold
3 VW Amarok 202 units sold
4 Ford F150/ Raptor 189 units sold

They are cheap when you use them as a company car. When you use them as a private car then they are far to expensive. Thank god for the Dutch tax laws🙈
FS19 and FS22 on PS4