"Farming Simulator 19 sold over 2 million copies"

Jagtractor

Re: "Farming Simulator 19 sold over 2 million copies"

Post by Jagtractor »

DeereJason wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:49 am Europeans like to tout Fendt and Claas. There are a lot of farmers here that have yet to know of Fendt's existence or to even see one in person. If it wasn't for Claas forage harvesters and combines, no one would know the brand. Forage is a very small market and their combine sales here are very spotty.
OK I have to interject. There is not a single farmer worth his salt that doesn't know about all major tractor brands. Just cause you don't see them in the fields doesn't mean there are unknown of. Most, if not all farmers pick their brand on dealership closeness/customer service. I know many of farmers who have switched their entire fleet because customer service was dwindling. ( To Deere and others away from Deere if your wondering) No two dealerships of the same brand are the same. There are a lot fewer dealership for fendt and claas around here. It's growing for sure but that's why you don't see them around America as much.
The claas combine market it growing fast here though. Most Farmers won't pay extra for a fendt tractor who's job is to pull. Any tractor can pull so they pick what's close by. But a combine has direct influence on harvest speed and yield saved. So a farmer will travel the extra distance to get it. At least ones that aren't close to the dealerships I mean.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

DeereJason wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:49 am
For someone in Europe, it doesn't register.

However, if you don't think Deere has brand selling power, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The farm target market is small. They have to appeal to a wider audience. Deere stands out that way.

Europeans like to tout Fendt and Claas. There are a lot of farmers here that have yet to know of Fendt's existence or to even see one in person.
Putting aside the tone of this belittling people from across the pond, i could say you don't have a clue what your talking about, people in this thread have not said it would not have had an impact, of course it has, it is clear that a game that has branded products does far better than ones that don't, and we all know that Deere is a very well known brand in farming, However it would only account for a small portion of sales.

However if feel this game has been so popular due to the large modding community associated with it, and their adaptability to make this game so great, no one in their Right mind would buy a game just because it has a nice picture on the front, John Deere or not! They would also have a look at what this game has to offer!

FS19 sells small numbers in comparison to games such as COD
Modern Warfare 3 edition of CoD was the highest-seller in the franchise, with 30.71 million units sold
or Forsa
Forza Horizon 4 now has over seven million players across Xbox One and Windows 10
that is because simulation games have a much smaller and in my opinion more intellectual following than these games! and intelligent people will look past one brand and look at the full package! thus making it a multitude of reasons why it has done much better in the 19 version!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Farming Girl wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:42 pm
However if feel this game has been so popular due to the large modding community associated with it, and their adaptability to make this game so great, no one in their Right mind would buy a game just because it has a nice picture on the front, John Deere or not! They would also have a look at what this game has to offer!
The main reason for popularity is the fact that FS does not have any worthy competitor. Youtube? It's mainly FS. C & C? Unfortunately, they do not have such resources to compete. And this distance between FS and other games is growing. Since 2008, Giants has been building a community of players. At the beginning, they probably did not expect it. But today they have a monopoly like Microsoft. And if someone is disappointed with FS then there really is no other choice. You can only buy land, tractor, plow and become a farmer for real
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Farming Girl wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:42 pm that is because simulation games have a much smaller and in my opinion more intellectual following than these games! and intelligent people will look past one brand and look at the full package!
This forum might prove otherwise. :lol:

Congratulations Giants! I've been here since FS2011 and excited to see ALL new brands being added. I loved the game just as much with nothing but Deutz Fahr equipment as I do now with everything else. Looking forward to yet another shade of green tractors to add to the collection. *thumbsup*
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Maikello wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:20 pm
The main reason for popularity is the fact that FS does not have any worthy competitor. Youtube? It's mainly FS. C & C? Unfortunately, they do not have such resources to compete. And this distance between FS and other games is growing. Since 2008, Giants has been building a community of players. At the beginning, they probably did not expect it. But today they have a monopoly like Microsoft. And if someone is disappointed with FS then there really is no other choice. You can only buy land, tractor, plow and become a farmer for real
CnC is a sinking ship

Farmer's Dynasty has more players than CnC...

https://steamcharts.com/app/678900

https://steamcharts.com/app/704030?fbcl ... fFFmhCuWYo
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:38 pm
CnC is a sinking ship

Lets give the full Picture here, Maikello said FS19 has no real competitor, and he is correct, looking at your Figures you missed out FS19, In fact the nearest competitor still doesn't come close to what FS17 is still Doing, However your figures only show those who play through steam, What about those who Buy games Direct, On Console or buy the game on disc, if your going to throw stats out you need to dig deeper. Oh and C n C is only a small game which is still really in development, i was made by a disgruntled FS17 player.

FS19: https://steamcharts.com/app/787860

FS17: https://steamcharts.com/app/447020
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Farming Girl wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

CnC is a sinking ship

Lets give the full Picture here, Maikello said FS19 has no real competitor, and he is correct, looking at your Figures you missed out FS19, In fact the nearest competitor still doesn't come close to what FS17 is still Doing, However your figures only show those who play through steam, What about those who Buy games Direct, On Console or buy the game on disc, if your going to throw stats out you need to dig deeper. Oh and C n C is only a small game which is still really in development, i was made by a disgruntled FS17 player.

FS19: https://steamcharts.com/app/787860

FS17: https://steamcharts.com/app/447020
My stats were from STEAM via people who play it...on STEAM. If that is the numbers for those 2 games on STEAM, then they will probably be the same elsewhere

2 years is a LONG time for a game to be in development with no real progress...
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:57 pm I must say I do like your idea for contracts - that's certainly how it works around here (East Anglia, UK) where a farmer contracts to deliver X tonnes of peas for a given supermarket, usually at some derisory rate per tonne. There is the more general agricultural contracting, contract ploughing and combining mostly.
Contracts are not a new idea. They existed prior 17, but were not included after that (giants logic at play).
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

My stats were from STEAM via people who play it...on STEAM. If that is the numbers for those 2 games on STEAM, then they will probably be the same elsewhere

2 years is a LONG time for a game to be in development with no real progress...
Console Statistics are usually quite different from PC , due to the different styles of play, however aren't we getting off subject, which is how what we can all agree that FS19 is enjoyed by over 2,000,000 people, so well done Giants
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:10 pm
blue_painted wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:57 pm I must say I do like your idea for contracts - that's certainly how it works around here (East Anglia, UK) where a farmer contracts to deliver X tonnes of peas for a given supermarket, usually at some derisory rate per tonne. There is the more general agricultural contracting, contract ploughing and combining mostly.
Contracts are not a new idea. They existed prior 17, but were not included after that (giants logic at play).
We did have contracts in FS17, not the same as now but we had them, i was just talking about a way they could be better
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:00 pm
Farming Girl wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:42 pm that is because simulation games have a much smaller and in my opinion more intellectual following than these games! and intelligent people will look past one brand and look at the full package!
This forum might prove otherwise. :lol:

Congratulations Giants! I've been here since FS2011 and excited to see ALL new brands being added. I loved the game just as much with nothing but Deutz Fahr equipment as I do now with everything else. Looking forward to yet another shade of green tractors to add to the collection. *thumbsup*
I think i may have to agree with you :lol:
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Of the 2 million copies, I wonder how many they duped into buying two copies, console, then pc version after realizing console wasn't worth its triple A price.
Or, how many played for a couple hours and then though whoops, wasted that money.
I wonder if they'll have the same sort of numbers for 21. They might as long as potential buyers stay away from the forums. Wouldn't want them to see how the devs support their game.

IMO, the reason for so many sales (other than the duplicate purchases), JD on the cover, number 1.
Otherwise, half hazard horses, the single useless dog, and leading people to believe you could design your own farm, and pretending the graphics were improved.
Leaving out the fact that none of that was actually ready at release, and probably will never be finished, was a good choice for 19, but might make the same people afraid to get 21.
Maybe for 21, they'll finish some of those, and can somehow fit that into their slogan.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:25 pm Of the 2 million copies, I wonder how many they duped into buying two copies, console, then pc version after realizing console wasn't worth its triple A price.
Or, how many played for a couple hours and then though whoops, wasted that money.
I wonder if they'll have the same sort of numbers for 21. They might as long as potential buyers stay away from the forums. Wouldn't want them to see how the devs support their game.

IMO, the reason for so many sales (other than the duplicate purchases), JD on the cover, number 1.
Otherwise, half hazard horses, the single useless dog, and leading people to believe you could design your own farm, and pretending the graphics were improved.
Leaving out the fact that none of that was actually ready at release, and probably will never be finished, was a good choice for 19, but might make the same people afraid to get 21.
Maybe for 21, they'll finish some of those, and can somehow fit that into their slogan.
I’ll still be on 19 when 21 hits....
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Farming Girl wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:14 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:10 pm
We did have contracts in FS17, not the same as now but we had them, i was just talking about a way they could be better
Your "better way" is pretty much how they were in 15, as I said. You had to deliver x amount of crop within x amount of time to location x. Through Giants logic, it was not included after FS15. I played 17 extensively and never seen any contracts like that.
You're idea about a way they could be better would be as easy as giants using functions they've used in the past.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

She is right about C & C. From what I remember,one dev has created a map in the FS15 (Mig Map(he never finished it)). and the other was the founder of Modhoster.de. People with extensive experience, No mocking. In this case, you should take a look at the beginnings of the Giants work. How their games changed, from title to title. How many copies of games were sold then? 100.000? See how many years Giants worked for today's success? And you must remember that they were first on the market. If Linux was the first one, who knows where M$ would be today? The fact that you create a game is nothing, because you have to sell it. This is harder to do in a hermetic community because agriculture is not a Fortnite or GTA. Where you are new, no one trusts you and there is a monster with a large number of fans. A few days ago I saw on steam FS with a reduced price. So demand falls. Not to mention the fact that only in the first week, Giants sold a million copies FS19

subtitles Eng*