Custom modding JD 9RX not coming to consoles?

livesea72

Custom modding JD 9RX not coming to consoles?

Post by livesea72 »

According to a Reddit post the 9RX will not be on consoles due to high polycount. Not saying it's100% truth but that's disappointing if trie but what can you do,it come with the territory of owning a console. Maybe someone a Giants can shed some light on the subject.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
iB055

Re: Custom modding JD 9RX not coming to consoles?

Post by iB055 »

FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Ok did not see that.mod please delete post
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
YoloDonkey

Post by YoloDonkey »

livesea72 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:37 pm According to a Reddit post the 9RX will not be on consoles due to high polycount. Not saying it's100% truth but that's disappointing if trie but what can you do,it come with the territory of owning a console. Maybe someone a Giants can shed some light on the subject.
Yep. Not coming to consoles.

This Mod will be for PC only. The Model is an very detailed Model with a high Polycount, so it´s not possible to pass Giants Tests for Consoles and PC´s. Giants allows max 50k i think. It will take a lot of Time to make this Model Giants conform, but a lot off Quality loss too. In the end, this Mod is published for PC Players only, sorry to all Console Players.

The John Deere 9RX Series is coming in the next Days, stay tuned.
SandyBay19

Post by SandyBay19 »

YoloDonkey wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm
livesea72 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:37 pm According to a Reddit post the 9RX will not be on consoles due to high polycount. Not saying it's100% truth but that's disappointing if trie but what can you do,it come with the territory of owning a console. Maybe someone a Giants can shed some light on the subject.

This Mod will be for PC only. The Model is an very detailed Model with a high Polycount, so it´s not possible to pass Giants Tests for Consoles and PC´s. Giants allows max 50k i think. It will take a lot of Time to make this Model Giants conform, but a lot off Quality loss too. In the end, this Mod is published for PC Players only, sorry to all Console Players.

oh... :/
Playing on PS4
FS11/15/17/19

Ski Region Simulator
beauj

Post by beauj »

Couldn’t be more disappointed. I’ve been looking forward to this mod in particular. It’s disheartening as a console player. Enough that this will be the last FS I buy. I’m not going to drop a ton of money on a PC so I can play a game. If giants can’t figure out what players want, so be it. Their company. I’ll enjoy it for awhile and it will end up at the back of the shelf.
YoloDonkey

Post by YoloDonkey »

beauj wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:55 pm Couldn’t be more disappointed. I’ve been looking forward to this mod in particular. It’s disheartening as a console player. Enough that this will be the last FS I buy. I’m not going to drop a ton of money on a PC so I can play a game. If giants can’t figure out what players want, so be it. Their company. I’ll enjoy it for awhile and it will end up at the back of the shelf.
Sorry mate. But you sound like a kid who didnt get a candy and throws himself on the floor. This is not John Deere simulator, its Farming simulator, we get a bit of every brand.
Also idk why are you like that, there is a JD DLC in the pipeline somewhere for sure.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

beauj wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:55 pm Couldn’t be more disappointed. I’ve been looking forward to this mod in particular. It’s disheartening as a console player. Enough that this will be the last FS I buy. I’m not going to drop a ton of money on a PC so I can play a game. If giants can’t figure out what players want, so be it. Their company. I’ll enjoy it for awhile and it will end up at the back of the shelf.
*thumbsdown*

That’s a tad bit unfair don’t ya think?

It’s not GIANTS fault at all.
Last edited by BreadedVirus on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

how about making some of these mods with detail level equal to the level of some of the other(older) tractors aready in game, ie T8 or case magnum. they still look good and maintain slot counts below 20.

the additional detail is great, but it comes at a pretty good cost when talking about slots, I think alot of people would live with less detail to have the chance of getting certain machines.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

YoloDonkey wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:00 pm
Sorry mate. But you sound like a kid who didnt get a candy and throws himself on the floor. This is not John Deere simulator, its Farming simulator, we get a bit of every brand.
:this:
the big print giveth the small print taketh
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Wonder what the case quadtrac in games poly count is? It seems like something similar to that would be acceptable to me (As long as the display works properly unlike the quadtracs)
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

YoloDonkey wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm

So it is easier to create a model from scratch with a high number of polygons than a low-poly model? If I remember correctly, it was said "on all platforms". Suddenly changed their minds? Suddenly they said "hey let's make a high-poly model". I think that they knew what they want to achieve by creating a model. It is a pity that from the beginning they did not say "PC only". They gave hope to the console players and now
kicked their ass
ok, their choice, only they can decide about their modifications. For the future, it's better not to read the announcements but just take what they give :mrgreen:
YoloDonkey

Post by YoloDonkey »

Maikello wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:17 pm
So it is easier to create a model from scratch with a high number of polygons than a low-poly model? If I remember correctly, it was said "on all platforms". Suddenly changed their minds? Suddenly they said "hey let's make a high-poly model". I think that they knew what they want to achieve by creating a model. It is a pity that from the beginning they did not say "PC only". They gave hope to the console players and now
kicked their ass
ok, their choice, only they can decide about their modifications. For the future, it's better not to read the announcements but just take what they give :mrgreen:
Can you provide an official statment by CM where they said it will be for both platforms ?
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

YoloDonkey wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:21 pm
Maikello wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:17 pm
kicked their ass
Can you provide an official statment by CM where they said it will be for both platforms ?
Ok, I was wrong reading a post from June 19, There was still talk about 9RT not RX. There is also rule number 10 on their group
Primary Custom Modding create Mods for PC! It’s not in our Hands to make it for Console!
my mistake
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

This is actually my mod (KMN Modding), that I'm collaborating with Custom Modding to finish (even though I was part of CM 😅).
I'm not modding as much, and don't have the time nor motivation to finish it, though I would like to see it released.

Giants normally won't allow tractors above 100,000 polys, this 9RX is close to a million.