faruk9154

Vote is Modcontest

Post by faruk9154 »

When does the vote is Modcontest start?
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Guil

Re: Vote is Modcontest

Post by Guil »

Whenever they get uploaded to modhub, may be today or tomorrow.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Can't wait to see what concoctions the modders came up with this time around. *thumbsup*
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

faruk9154 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:38 am When does the vote is Modcontest start?
When it's done. QA is working on getting it ready at the moment, but such things take time so we don't have an ETA aside from "early this week".
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

O5-Chris wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:13 pm
faruk9154 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:38 am When does the vote is Modcontest start?
When it's done. QA is working on getting it ready at the moment, but such things take time so we don't have an ETA aside from "early this week".
I hope it doesn't take long. I can't wait. :smileynew:
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
aklein

Post by aklein »

I am curious if the voting is going to be like the current ranking in the mod hub. IE only those who download the mod can vote on it. Which would lock out all console players from being able to vote since the mod contest mods will be released for PC during the contest and maybe released for console later. Or will it be like the mod hub of prior where anyone visiting the site can vote/rank the mods?

Or maybe console will get a chance to participate also in the modhub with the mods?
Guil

Post by Guil »

I think it's a fairer system that only those who download any mod can rate them.
ScrubNdPleb

Post by ScrubNdPleb »

Voting should be possible only to those who downloaded and tested the mod. There is no point for consoles to vote, as you cant test the mods. And thats the fairest thing.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

aklein wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:19 pm I am curious if the voting is going to be like the current ranking in the mod hub. IE only those who download the mod can vote on it. Which would lock out all console players from being able to vote since the mod contest mods will be released for PC during the contest and maybe released for console later. Or will it be like the mod hub of prior where anyone visiting the site can vote/rank the mods?

Or maybe console will get a chance to participate also in the modhub with the mods?
Why would you vote for mods you can't use? Going only off videos would be rather unfair.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Don't confuse my rather open question on if I am thinking one way is right over another. I am just looking to have some clarification. For me it does not mater either way as a PC player I will be able to rank them either in game or via the web. I'm sure it will be all very clear soon enough anyway.
ScrubNdPleb

Post by ScrubNdPleb »

aklein wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:14 pm Don't confuse my rather open question on if I am thinking one way is right over another. I am just looking to have some clarification. For me it does not mater either way as a PC player I will be able to rank them either in game or via the web. I'm sure it will be all very clear soon enough anyway.
No problem. If I understoon Chris on livestream corect, voting will be possible via ingame Modhub. Same process as voting for regural mods on Mohub with scale of 5 stars.
Chaki

Post by Chaki »

ScrubNdPleb wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:25 pm
aklein wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:14 pm Don't confuse my rather open question on if I am thinking one way is right over another. I am just looking to have some clarification. For me it does not mater either way as a PC player I will be able to rank them either in game or via the web. I'm sure it will be all very clear soon enough anyway.
No problem. If I understoon Chris on livestream corect, voting will be possible via ingame Modhub. Same process as voting for regural mods on Mohub with scale of 5 stars.
That's 100% correct. We tally it all up once the voting is done on the 22nd and announce the winners at FarmCon 19. For which there are still tickets by the way (hint hint)

Zanderthomson113

Post by Zanderthomson113 »

Will any of the mod contest mods come to console during the voting or will that be after if any were to make it passed testing
aklein

Post by aklein »

Gotcha, I know from the 17 mod contest there was some confusion with voting. I know some folks voted for the mod they thought was the best in each category and didn't vote for anything else. What I plan on doing is to cover the mod contest with comments that players should rank each mod on its own 1-5 on how they feel about the mod. Its ok to rank multiple mods 5 stairs or multiple mods 4 starts, etc. Its the sum of all votes and rankings that will establish the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place results.

Rating criteria is also up to the players. So they can rank them based on how useful they see the mod being in their own game play, originality, execution, ect.
Chaki

Post by Chaki »

Zanderthomson113 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:37 pm
Will any of the mod contest mods come to console during the voting or will that be after if any were to make it passed testing
While the contests' voting itself is on PC only (sorry Console players), we'll not prohibit them from being released on console. In the end, the decision is up to the author of the mod, not us.