Canfarm

Joepipefitter

Canfarm

Post by Joepipefitter »

Is it against the rules to bribe someone to make a map for console? I am debating buying a computer just to try Canfarm, it reminds me of where I grew up and I am in love with it from the screenshots alone.
BreadedVirus

Re: Canfarm

Post by BreadedVirus »

Joepipefitter wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:44 am Is it against the rules to bribe someone to make a map for console? I am debating buying a computer just to try Canfarm, it reminds me of where I grew up and I am in love with it from the screenshots alone.
This’ll open a huge can of worms....don’t do it.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Well its a 4x map... so it won't be on console unless the author scales it down to a 1x. I wouldn't count on it though. He has been working on this map since FS17. Still has issues. Floating objects, warnings in log, etc.
Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter »

The bribery is in jest, the thoughts on flipping to the pc side are very real.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Best thing you could do, honestly.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Joepipefitter wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:52 am The bribery is in jest, the thoughts on flipping to the pc side are very real.
And you won’t regret it...

This game is best suited to the PC anyway. I tried it on my PS4 and......yeah.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

wiseguy49 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:56 am Best thing you could do, honestly.
Your username suits you very well.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

It's a beautiful map. Huge fields. Nice details.
PC gamer.
Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter »

Beastbubba wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:13 am It's a beautiful map. Huge fields. Nice details.
Sounds just like where I grew up, large wooden grain elevator about 3/4 mile from my house.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Looks great. I play at 4k and had to scale down to 80% to get a consistant 60fps though.

One issue is the terrain angles are all messed up. I contacted the modder and he said multi terrain angles will be fixed in the update.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter »

Bought and Downloaded fs19 onto my MacBook last night, going to be weird trying to learn how to do everything on the computer versus a Xbox. Try it out after work tonight.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Joepipefitter wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:25 pm Bought and Downloaded fs19 onto my MacBook last night, going to be weird trying to learn how to do everything on the computer versus a Xbox. Try it out after work tonight.
You can use an xbox controller with a PC; you likely can with a mac as well. If not there are cheap USB controllers that should be plug and play and accomplish the same thing. I find steering with the keyboard is very clunky if you're used to a controller. Personally I use a cheap flightstick-style joystick on PC and find it quite great.

P.S. I'm also a prairie boy who grew up within sight of a row of wooden elevators, and I also love the look of this map. The elevators are gone now but I'm still there :smileynew:
Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter »

Thanks for the help DirectCedar, will give it a try, I traded the prairies for being closer to the rockies and better work prospects. Miss country life though.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

This is very close to where I live, I have never seen a Canadian map get to console which is a real shame to be honest. I so badly want this one.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

I have the best of both worlds, i have the game on PC and on XBOX, when i'm on the PC though i mainly use it for testing, i haven't made the transition yet, however i do use my Xbox controller on the PC, i seem to spend too much time working on mods (mainly learning new stuff, i recently switched to Maya), i think also i have friends on Xbox which i dont want to leave
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding