fs19 becoming too realistic?

Sir_Kutz

Re: fs19 becoming too realistic?

Post by Sir_Kutz »

IF you don't like google image mini maps, then simply don't play those maps. There are plenty of maps with cartoony mini maps.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Everyone to there own but I prefer detailed maps, a pile of logs looks nice but a pile with toadstools growing on them looks better more realistic, a lot of maps seem to come from a production line they do nothing for me, like BB said its all in the detail.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I think the OP is referring specifically to the mini-map taken from satellite imagery, not the map itself. The thread title is wrong as some maps in FS17 and even 15 had the same style. I agree it looks out of place and off-putting in a game. But it wouldn't stop me from playing the map.

I'd rather the mini-map follow the format of the vanilla maps even if it is based on a real location (Welker Farms, Coldborough Park Farms & Lone Oak Farms being some examples).

It's really a non-issue though. All up to the modder.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

A cartoon mini map is much easier to navigate when you first start out but less of an issue as you learn where stuff is.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It all depends on the modder
Zanderthomson113

Post by Zanderthomson113 »

bluecoller81 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:51 pm Im not sure what your point is....except the pda is different between them. I believe oakfield is based on a real area. And the pda is a google image of that area.
Yes you are correct oakfield is based off of a real area and the pda is a google satellite image
Zanderthomson113

Post by Zanderthomson113 »

I don’t see where you are coming from if you have a problem with the game being to realistic then don’t play it
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:19 pm It's really a non-issue though. All up to the modder.
Always a voice of reason Fenixguy, *thumbsup*
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

"I am a uber realistic player ... I always add 10 millions at the beginning of the game ... "

When did they add inside cab animations for the front loader? "Our hero" in the tractor even move the joystick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Physics Breaker

Post by Physics Breaker »

Tomazius96 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:44 pm I dont know whats the point you are making here ?

Lol, I think he can't take the realism of Farming Simulator 2019. It's the future of Farming Simulator, more realistic, more fun, more everything, that's what makes Farming Simulator number one in the farming game industry.
"Farming Simulator has its physics, I break its physics"-Physics Breaker

Veteran of Farming Simulator since its first release in 2009

Founder of Silage Pacific™

The original author and creator of the Farming Simulator: The Movie!™ series
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Some players would argue that it isnt realistic enough. As for Marwell and Oakfield created using Google maps. Well done Oxygendavid. First class modding right there.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I just went back to fs17 with dural mods. God damn it, that is just another world. Immediately brought the smile on my face.

I will not touch fs19 for a while now. That is what i call realistic and this is what i call a good gameplay.

God bless Dural :hi:
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:23 pm My point is, that fs17 looks way more attractive with that arcade look. Not only that, fs17 maps are just more appealing. Fs19 are more realistic, but boring.

Make that more sense?
You are aware that the Farming Simulator franchise is as it says in the title a Simulator and not an Arcade game, as with the nature of this type of game the developers are always looking to make it more realistic, there will come a time where you will have trouble distinguishing the scenery in game from real life, that’s just the nature of the beast.

For me, the more realistic the better, I’m working on mods right now, and am painstakingly making sure all my dimensions match that of real life, and finding the highest quality textures, to make the mod look as realistic as possible, I’m doing this for personal pride and because I feel it’s what mods FS19 players want!

There are plenty of arcade style farming Games out there, maybe you would feel more at home with one of them.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

The point is for the game to be realistic that's why I can't wait for seasons so it will be almost like real life
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

It will never be like in real life. It's just a game. 20% of players would never achieve anything in this game (for 2 years of the game's existence). 20% would die of starvation after three days. And the rest would cheat ... showing their "big farm" on the forum