First screenshots of Lone Oak !!!

Eische

Re: First screenshots of Lone Oak !!!

Post by Eische » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:12 pm

blue_painted wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:55 am
This is a bit of a thread hijack (sorry) ... but how do you American map fans play? I tried playing Lone Oak on FS17 but I could not find a mix of self-drive vs Hired worker/Courseplay that didn't feel like a never-ending grind if I drove it all myself, or too much Courseplay and I'd end up reading a book while the workers got on and did stuff for me.
You mean just because of the field sizes?
It is just a matter of how you want to play. Maybe you need to get rid of that "one harvest per day" thing where you try to squeeze in all the field work in a short amount of time.

Just think about which activities you like doing on your own. For me it is combine driving. So I do the harvest on my own using the in-cab view. But I don't like seeding or fertilizing, especially not on square/rectangular fields. That is left to the hired workers :mrgreen:
I only do the minimum amount of pre-work for the workers an then let them go to work.

I should mention, that I always play on easy economy. This way I get good money for my effort. I even go on and lower the field prices to a reasonable value if I feel they are too high.
PC - Win10

theMavric

Post by theMavric » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:14 pm

blue_painted wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:55 am
This is a bit of a thread hijack (sorry) ... but how do you American map fans play? I tried playing Lone Oak on FS17 but I could not find a mix of self-drive vs Hired worker/Courseplay that didn't feel like a never-ending grind if I drove it all myself, or too much Courseplay and I'd end up reading a book while the workers got on and did stuff for me.
I role play as a manager while supervising courseplay mostly. If they are doing ok for the most part I will either be landscaping or driving crops to dropoffs. I usually come back to my chaser tractor caught up in the bean header of my combine. After I get them squared away I'll check the market prices and then alt-tab to check mod updates on here and fb groups.

Only time I really get involved manually is when I'm bailing hay and picking it up.

I don't mess with livestock or forestry. Mostly just corn, soybeans, and wheat, because that's I grew up farming. And living in the city now it's the only thing that brings me back home, which I miss dearly.
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost

AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:31 pm

And living in the city now it's the only thing that brings me back home, which I miss dearly.

^^Yes, this!^^ :this:
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Alabama, USA

Miketeg

Post by Miketeg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Like everyone else, can't wait for this map.

Even if this is based on a real farm, i'm hoping that map author will make the building saleable (is this a word? lol) and placeable.

If I buy this farm in real life, I will probably move some of the building to optimize the placement.

I asked oxygen_David (via facebook) already, so hopefully it will be done. He tolds me that it add lot of work so...hopefully!
Last edited by Miketeg on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:03 pm

What size is the Lone Oak map?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding

Eische

Post by Eische » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:32 pm

JohnDeere77 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:03 pm
What size is the Lone Oak map?
Standard size. At least the FS17 version was.
PC - Win10

Mattharv

Post by Mattharv » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:06 pm

This map had the ability to combine and expand feilds like crazy i had 2 massive feilds on the lower half that took about 3 hours to harvest with 3 or 4 workers going it was nuts

iwan073

Post by iwan073 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:21 pm

Miketeg wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:36 pm
Like everyone else, can't wait for this map.

Even if this is based on a real farm, i'm hoping that map author will make the building saleable (is this a word? lol) and placeable.

If I buy this farm in real life, I will probably move some of the building to optimize the placement.

I asked oxygen_David (via facebook) already, so hopefully it will be done. He tolds me that it add lot of work so...hopefully!
I hope the same thing. Don’t like the placement of most garages
Farming Simulator 15, 17 & 19 on the PlayStation 4 Pro

Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:48 pm

I've had a hard time fulling emerging myself in converted maps, at least compared to my engagement in 17. Lone Oak I feel will be the one. So many hours on this map in 17. So excited.

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:53 am

theMavric wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:14 pm
(snip)
I don't mess with livestock or forestry. Mostly just corn, soybeans, and wheat, because that's I grew up farming. And living in the city now it's the only thing that brings me back home, which I miss dearly.
I think that's what it is -- when I play FS I'm basically re-playing me as a 17 year old driving corn-cart in England: If I could have tractors, combines and kit from the early 1980s and map in Hertfordshire/Essex ...

... which means to play a USA map I'd need to change my approach a lot.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Playing £300 PC with a £95 graphics card, £15 XBox controller and £65 SSD ... (and sometimes £200 laptop)

theMavric

Post by theMavric » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:16 pm

blue_painted wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:53 am
I think that's what it is -- when I play FS I'm basically re-playing me as a 17 year old driving corn-cart in England: If I could have tractors, combines and kit from the early 1980s and map in Hertfordshire/Essex ...

... which means to play a USA map I'd need to change my approach a lot.

Thanks for the inspiration.
I feel your pain. My pops had a '83 Allis Chalmers 6080 we ran until the PTO splines were damn near ground smooth. I scoured everywhere looking for even a poorly made mod version with no luck. Just a mower pack and the much older WD45, which I keep in my barn mostly for show.

Since Lone Oak will be a standard size map, I'm sure I'll find a use for it!
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost

garyst

Post by garyst » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Can't wait! Would be cool if it were released right when seasons is released on console.

JWE75

Post by JWE75 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:06 pm

One of my fav in FS17, details looks pretty much the same.... I just hope there will be some minor changes with FS19 quality, like those little field roads between big fields. Just add some more realistic roads and ditches ;)

1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:19 pm

This map can challenge the new woodshire, that is imo the best map yet.

Good luck David.

JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:16 pm

So happy Lone Oak is in the near future. Well over 600 hours on that map in FS17. Never hired a worker once.

Lone Oak was so comfortable to play and now with the landscape feature I can build a farm up in the wooded North Western part of this beautiful map.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in