First screenshots of Lone Oak !!!

JadonthiestFarmer

Re: First screenshots of Lone Oak !!!

Post by JadonthiestFarmer »

Yes Lone Oak was one of the best American maps
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Loved that map in 17, between that and Oregon Springs, but Dahl on 19 is hard to beat
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Cant wait for Lone Oak 19. Looks better than ever. Thank you OxygenDavid you are a legend!! 👍👍
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Please, please, please make the map so that people can fully use the placable and terrain editing features.
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

woooww just advertising, what is totally out of subject with that Lone Oak map *thumbsdown* :?:
Guil

Post by Guil »

BernardC wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:31 pm woooww just advertising, what is totally out of subject with that Lone Oak map *thumbsdown* :?:
Hi, it would help more if you report such posts in future, thanks.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Lone Oak is 2 miles x 2 miles
Guil

Post by Guil »

The game uses metres and a standard map is 2048x2048.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lone Oak!! We might get some tacos still yet.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

Have been waiting for this map since the word of Oxygen David converting it was spoken. The only map I play on FS17 and soon the one and only map ill play on FS19. Cant wait to play FS19 again when Lone Oak hits modhub. *thumbsup*
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:55 am This is a bit of a thread hijack (sorry) ... but how do you American map fans play? I tried playing Lone Oak on FS17 but I could not find a mix of self-drive vs Hired worker/Courseplay that didn't feel like a never-ending grind if I drove it all myself, or too much Courseplay and I'd end up reading a book while the workers got on and did stuff for me.
Lone Oak is definitely much better suited to the big equipment and you really have to start with big equipment. I think I remember reading that BulletBill scaled down the farm from real life in order to make it more manageable and playable. I've played a fair bit on the County Line X4 US map which is the only other really good US map I've seen and its pretty much to scale and its tedious as hell to play on. You have to rely on Courseplay to do everything, at which point FS becomes more a farm management experience.

Through making my own US map at the moment set the Palouse I can tell you that getting the scale right for fun gameplay on FS maps is a bit of black art. If you make things too big or just too life like then things do become tedious but if you make them too small then the map seems unrealistic and and a bit too much like a toy town. There's quite a few otherwise good maps that have this problem for me.

For a US map I think Lone Oak gets things spot on in terms of scale versus playability. My only criticism of Lone Oak is that its a shame there's a not a second big farm over on the other side of the map and nowhere really to build one unless you take the map into the editor and build a big farm into one of the fields. Which I did for my own private use and it made a big difference opening up the other side of the map.
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

Lone Oak is definitely much better suited to the big equipment and you really have to start with big equipment. I think I remember reading that BulletBill scaled down the farm from real life in order to make it more manageable and playable. I've played a fair bit on the County Line X4 US map which is the only other really good US map I've seen and its pretty much to scale and its tedious as hell to play on. You have to rely on Courseplay to do everything, at which point FS becomes more a farm management experience.

Through making my own US map at the moment set the Palouse I can tell you that getting the scale right for fun gameplay on FS maps is a bit of black art. If you make things too big or just too life like then things do become tedious but if you make them too small then the map seems unrealistic and and a bit too much like a toy town. There's quite a few otherwise good maps that have this problem for me.

For a US map I think Lone Oak gets things spot on in terms of scale versus playability. My only criticism of Lone Oak is that its a shame there's a not a second big farm over on the other side of the map and nowhere really to build one unless you take the map into the editor and build a big farm into one of the fields. Which I did for my own private use and it made a big difference opening up the other side of the map.
[/quote]

So now with the build able terrain and the variety of placeables(at least on pc) cant that be done without making it a huge deal?
Gaming PC