JD Equipment Expansion Poll

What pieces of equipment did you most want to see in an expansion of John Deere's line in FS19?

JD DB60, OR JD 1775 NT Precision Planter
14%
JD 9RX & 9R 450+ HP Tractors
16%
JD N500C No-Till Air Drill OR JD 1895 No-Till Air Drill W/C850 or 1910 Commodity Cart
10%
JD CP 690 or CS 690 Cotton Harvester
5%
JD CH570 Sugar Cane Harvester
2%
JD Haying equipment, including a W170 Windrower and a JD round baler
9%
JD 9000 Series Forage Harvester
10%
JD Tillage equipment, including a large field cultivator, a disk, and a ripper
16%
JD R4060 Sprayer OR Hagie STS16 Sprayer , and a JD F4365 Dry Fertilizer Spreader
11%
Other JD equipment piece not listed in poll options
7%

Total votes: 346

Thedebe48

Re: JD Equipment Expansion Poll

Post by Thedebe48 »

Tomazius96 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:17 pm Remember people. This is not John Deere Simulator. Its Farming siumator, where all brands need to be evenly represented. As I said before in some other thread: if you get bunch of equipment of certain brand if the game, will other brands demand the same amount of equipment in the game. If they introduce whole JD line up, they need to do same for Case, Fendt, Krone, New Holland etc. And we all know this is not possible to do. There is not enough hours in the day to do all of this, as Giants is still a pretty small company. And to be honest there really is no need for that much of equipment.
You make some great points. Definitely understandable that the game needs to have balance. I would be all for Giants putting in a CNH add-on with implements. What I more so wanted to get from the poll was how much interest there actually was in the cotton harvester. Because it just really didn't excite me all that much, and I wanted to know if it was a big deal to other players. As the poll suggests, the community would have much rather seen some planting and tillage equipment, that would enhance the existing functions of the game that most players engage in, such as farming small grains, pulse crops and corn. Instead, Giants chose to roll out a cotton harvester that enhances the experience only for players that enjoy farming cotton. I understand, cotton was their new crop for FS19, so I get it. Just kind of seems that the developers get a bit of tunnel vision at times, and don't really listen to what their community wants. Again, this is meant to be constructive, not to be taken as a put-down. I know that whining and complaining doesn't go anywhere. I'm just hoping that they start to see what it could do for their sales if they enhance their market research a bit.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:50 pm There is one other important thing to consider, Giants is a European company. In Europe from what I have seen on you tube and in most searching I have done, John Deere, Case IH, & New Holland don't seem to sell planting, cultivating equipment in large numbers. Vaderstat, Kuhn, Kockerling, Horsch, Lemkin, Amazone, & Pottinger all seem to be the major brands of tillage, planting and haulage tools sold in Europe.
You are correct in that the base of the community is grounded in Europe. However, I would be curious to see where the largest areas of sales growth have been for the Farming Simulator Franchise over the last three game installments. My bet is that it's not in Europe.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:50 pm There is one other important thing to consider, Giants is a European company. In Europe from what I have seen on you tube and in most searching I have done, John Deere, Case IH, & New Holland don't seem to sell planting, cultivating equipment in large numbers. Vaderstat, Kuhn, Kockerling, Horsch, Lemkin, Amazone, & Pottinger all seem to be the major brands of tillage, planting and haulage tools sold in Europe.
This may be irrelevant but Giants Software is based in Switzerland yes however in their last community stream (@13:16) they said Giants is an international company.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Thedebe48 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 pm
Tomazius96 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:17 pm
You make some great points. Definitely understandable that the game needs to have balance. I would be all for Giants putting in a CNH add-on with implements. What I more so wanted to get from the poll was how much interest there actually was in the cotton harvester. Because it just really didn't excite me all that much, and I wanted to know if it was a big deal to other players. As the poll suggests, the community would have much rather seen some planting and tillage equipment, that would enhance the existing functions of the game that most players engage in, such as farming small grains, pulse crops and corn. Instead, Giants chose to roll out a cotton harvester that enhances the experience only for players that enjoy farming cotton. I understand, cotton was their new crop for FS19, so I get it. Just kind of seems that the developers get a bit of tunnel vision at times, and don't really listen to what their community wants. Again, this is meant to be constructive, not to be taken as a put-down. I know that whining and complaining doesn't go anywhere. I'm just hoping that they start to see what it could do for their sales if they enhance their market research a bit.
No problem. Its a good poll. I just wanted to remind some people too not to go to far with their speculations and wishes.
As form my point of view I would also prefer to see some hay or tillage equipment, since cotton is not really my thing.
But all we can do is paintently wait for some news. We all know how complicated process is licensing and all the other stuff connected to this.

USA market is also fairly new to Giants. They slowly but surely want to get more in to it. And again, things take paitience and perservance. They must also satisfy their biggest community which is Europe, at the end of the day thats where everything got big for them.
As European I hope for you JD fans you get your share of things soon, as there is not any promising mods on the horizon for now.

iB055 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:07 pm
Kamoore65536 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:50 pm
This may be irrelevant but Giants Software is based in Switzerland yes however in their last community stream (@13:16) they said Giants is an international company.
Thats true. Thats their goal. They are international, because you can buy their game everywhere. But for now they are still based in Europe. Interesting would be to see if they could expand their team to USA. To please their community there more.
garyst

Post by garyst »

High Cotton wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:39 pm I think they missed a good opportunity to add a Deere planter. Cotton is grown on 36-40in rows. None of the ingame planters are the right spacing. I would have really like to Seen a stack fold planter with the correct row spacing added.
Completely agree. All the cotton in my area is grown on 38" rows and always planted with a 3pt. Mounted planter. And maybe add a nice hipper roller for seedbed prep to go with it. Would also like to see any American brand self propelled sprayer that can spray at 15 mph with rear boom.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

I would personally like to see a Large disk Harrow, or a big disk ripper, really wouldn't care what brand. Currently i'm content with whats has arrived that I feel i can farm with some close resemblance to a USA farm! Good poll idea
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Mark0306090120

Post by Mark0306090120 »

More logging equipment would be nice
iB055

Post by iB055 »

All in all I'm glad they chose Cotton equipment for their JD DLC. Cotton and Sugarcane are the most neglected industries in the game as far as mods on the modhub go anyway.

That being said, I still voted for the 9R series as that is what I would most like to see. Not so much the 9RX as we have plenty of tracked vehicles already.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

GenXFarmer wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:31 pm
Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:58 pm PC has just about anything you want, I believe OP was talking about console content
And why there's isn't more core Deere iron, even on consoles, is strange. If I had those decisions rights at Deere, there would have been a better cross section of product represented in the game. It's like it was an experiment and not taken seriously.
In regard to "core Deere iron"...I that's exactly what is in the game. Deere's top markets are tractors and combines...that's what they do. The 9 family of tractors is well known, but sell in relatively few numbers...but would have likely been the next choice for equipment lines.

-----------------

I read a recent article stating that worldwide, Claas was #1 in forage harvesters followed closely by Deere. It was said that Krone makes only about 320 total forage harvesters per year worldwide..."similar to (or even higher than) New Holland". Overall SP forage harvesters amount to about 3,000 units worldwide...all brands. Not a very big market.

Cotton and Cane aren't very big markets either, but it really only boils down to two brands, Deere and Case IH.

Tillage is a dicey market at best. There is no real clear-cut leader and short line brands play a big part. That said, planters (not seeders) are quite likely Deere's next best bread and butter ag product after tractors and combines. While the Deere brand of planter is not as popular in Europe, they give way to their other brand, Monosem. The North American planter market is predominately Deere.

Deere's goal in FS19 was brand exposure, plain and simple. Deere isn't as concerned with the details of what is and what isn't covered, just that they are in. How many items that are in depends on several things...the space & time Giants is willing/able to offer, what products Deere views as priority & how much time/money Deere wants to spend prepping files with no financial return (it's not cheap).
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Sugarcane is huge in Australia and South Ame
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

eric21 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 pm Sugarcane is huge in Australia and South Ame
rica.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

High Cotton wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:39 pm I think they missed a good opportunity to add a Deere planter. Cotton is grown on 36-40in rows. None of the ingame planters are the right spacing. I would have really like to Seen a stack fold planter with the correct row spacing added.
I would also really love to see a stack fold planter. Either a Case or a Deere 16-row with 30s or 36s would be amazing...
garyst

Post by garyst »

eric21 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 pm Sugarcane is huge in Australia and South Ame
Sugarcane is huge here in Louisiana too, but I don't grow it in fs19 just because of how annoying the hired helper is with the cane harvester.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

To my knowledge vaterstad is under the umbrella of CNH, I haven’t seen one in the us and I’ve been raised around and using case stuff but I thought vaterstad was under CNH so technically case has stuff in the seeding area but it’s still under a different brand name which belongs to the parent company
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Gimli54 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:23 pm To my knowledge vaterstad is under the umbrella of CNH, I haven’t seen one in the us and I’ve been raised around and using case stuff but I thought vaterstad was under CNH so technically case has stuff in the seeding area but it’s still under a different brand name which belongs to the parent company
This is completely false.

Vaderstad is owned by the Vaderstad Group - a family owned company with 13 shareholders, most of them from the Stark Family. They've owned a minority share in Seed Hawk since like 2006 or something, and recently purchased a majority share and rebranded all new Seed Hawk equipment in the Vaderstad livery. Has never, and likely will never have anything to do with the CNH Group.

CNH is a publicly traded corporation, but has a large minority stake owned by a holding company from The Netherlands called Exor, which has a diverse portfolio of holdings such as Fiat, Ferrari, Chrysler, The Economiest, and the Juventus Football Club. Main shareholders of Exor are members of the Agnelli Family.

CNH produces their own line of planting and seeding technology. Giants just doesn't put it in the game because it isn't big in the European market. However, they have a decent sized market share in the US for planters and drills, not as large as Deere though.
Last edited by Thedebe48 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.