Courseplay and turning

Gimli54

Courseplay and turning

Post by Gimli54 »

I’ve been experimenting with courseplay lately trying to find its limits and the first one I’ve found is that the workers always want to back up when turning even when I have them make a headland, is there any way to where they make a wide turn and don’t reverse, the reason I’m asking is I’m trying to use the big Austrian planter with the large seed cart then the drill behind it but that set up should never be put in reverse and so the worker always gets stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated
ED209v2

Re: Courseplay and turning

Post by ED209v2 »

You could deactivate 'Turn on field' if there is a bit of room outside the field or do one more headland pass.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Yep I found that courseplay has issue with going reverse with large equipment (seeder mostly). They seems to start going reverse and totaly lose their minds...finishing in trees...rivers...house..

I will try to deactivate the "Turn on field" to see if it will helps.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
svkb

Post by svkb »

If you're doing headlands make sure to switch the corner from "Turn" to "Smooth" or "Radius" I can't recall exactly what the options are called but it changes the way the worker handles the corners when doing headlands.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

I noticed there are some new workmodes: Circular and spiral. I think you might need to use one of those.

Or you could try to force a wide turn by increasing the steering radius manually. But there is a chance that the AI will start the turn by counter-steering.

Reduce the steering radius setting to 0 will set it back to auto
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Circular and Spiral are very good methods of working fields with Courseplay with Harvesters, to ensure that the Pipes are always on the side opposite crop, meaning vehicles can always get to the harvester to unload them without driving over and damaging crop. Works well with headland. So I tend to do 1 or 3 headlands round a field first then switch to Spiral, and that works great for harvesters.

Courseplay Devs though have been fiddling with stuff in recent updates to do with vehicles working fields and turning on fields. They particular seem to have made a big change in that Courseplay now uses "Use the front/back marker nodes in turn" which is okay if the vehicles have the markers set up in the right place. Some default in game vehicles have some weird marker node placement courtesy of Giants, and some Mods have some pretty weird placements. This means those vehicles are always going to produce some weird and wild results when turning and working on fields.

I also notice the Turn Method for headlands has been changed or tweaked recently by the Devs. The Smooth and Radius options which I used to always use, now produce varied results. A lot of the time now the vehicle will miss huge triangles on the corners of fields with either of those settings, so it seems if the field your working is square/rectangular in shape you need to have the headland set to Turn for it to work/harvest it properly now.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I’ve been learning the ropes so to speak with courseplay and I love the possibilities with it having come from console but at one point I was scratching my head like dang even the in game worker can make a turn with this seeder
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

You could also try activating the skip row function so that the worker is not trying to make such tight turns.
Some equipment just really doesn’t play well with Courseplay though, it can take a bit of experimenting to find the best combination of machinery and Courseplay settings but it can do really brilliant stuff once you get things set up!
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

I've found the best way to handle big seeders is to do the headlands, then just use a normal hired worker for the up and down.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

I don't really have any issues at all with CP. What I do for turns are.
Make sure the course have Headlands.
Run those as smooth.
I measure the turn radius of the tractor and implement by making a tight 180 on the field and use the measurement mod.
Then I set that value in CP
I use "skip rows" as often as possible and always set the starting location manually to get the best course.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Goooober

Post by Goooober »

asyvan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:10 am I don't really have any issues at all with CP. What I do for turns are.
Run those as smooth.
I measure the turn radius of the tractor and implement by making a tight 180 on the field and use the measurement mod.
I use "skip rows" as often as possible and always set the starting location manually to get the best course.
Which measurement mod are you referring to? I can only find one for measuring logs and whatnot.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

Goooober wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 pm
asyvan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:10 am I don't really have any issues at all with CP. What I do for turns are.
Run those as smooth.
Which measurement mod are you referring to? I can only find one for measuring logs and whatnot.
It says that it's for measuring logs but you can use it on whatever actually.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Goooober wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 pm
Run those as smooth.
Yes that one. It actually measures between two points so you can measure anything.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Gibbanator

Post by Gibbanator »

ED209v2 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:31 am You could deactivate 'Turn on field' if there is a bit of room outside the field or do one more headland pass.
with my current version of CP 6.1.00316 i do not see anywhere that you can adjust "Turn on Field"

Also there was a post on how to make wider turns (for not to miss harvest spots on turn) which I do not see either

Checked these areas:
Course Generation
Advanced Settings
Game Settings
General Settings

Am I missing this somewhere?
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

The option only appears when a tractor is actively using a course