Courseplay and turning

ThatCanadianGuy

Re: Courseplay and turning

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Make sure you have enough headlands, takes a bit of trial and error. Some equipment only needs 1 round, some need 3, 4 or 5 in rare cases. Field shape can also affect this.
Something else I have found is to play with these settings on irregular shaped fields to try and keep the corners closer to 90degress. I find it has issues backing up or just getting lost if the corners are to tight.

This course was giving it fits in the tight corners on the south edge

This one should be better, (still might want to flatten them to a little more east-west though)

I just started using CP myself about a month ago and it has so many variables I find it takes a bit of trial and error to get it working just the way you want.

Here is turn on field:
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

It has some quirks but overall it changed my whole gameplay. I usually do 1-6 headland passes depending on the shape of the field. More headland passes also is faster.

The turn on field can be hard to find!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I have to update my version of CP ... but I'm hoping the corncart ("combi") will allow "turn on field" because on my preferred UK and European maps, anything else becomes "crash into tree (or building)" ... here's hoping!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads