Wanted: Realistic storage facility for vegetable fruits

kahfs

Wanted: Realistic storage facility for vegetable fruits

Post by kahfs »

Hi there. I play a lot on maps with vegetable multifruits (carrots, onions, lettuce, cabbage,...). Unfortunately the storage facilities offered by these maps resemble grain silos. I would like to find a storage building with concrete floor, multiple doors and bin dividers. At the moment I drop the fruit in the corners of machine sheds by Vertexdezign. They look awesome, have multiple doors, but no dividers. I tried if I could place a placeable wall inside the building, but no such luck. Does anybody know of good mods for this purpose, I would be very happy to hear about it.

PS. I have also used modified chaff bunkers. They work, but I would much prefer indoor storage.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Miketeg

Re: Wanted: Realistic storage facility for vegetable fruits

Post by Miketeg »

I can't remember which mod, but one of the Shed mod offer some "Fruit storage" placeable building that are exactly what you mean.

Pretty sure this mod is in the Modhub (PC)
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
redbull-man82

Post by redbull-man82 »

theres a crop storage mod on the ingame mod hub an there is sum sheds that come with walls in them
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Have not found storage sheds on modhub. But, I have found 3 mods so far (none of which are on Giant's Modhub):
  • FS19_AC_2500S_Placable_Shed_Pack
  • FS19_CommodityShed
  • MW_PLACEABLE_HOF
The first is a huge building, most likely for equipment, but it does have dividers. Too big for my style of game.
The second has an open front and floor-to-ceiling dividers. It has a very new look.
The third also has an open front and floor-to-ceiling dividers. The look is in line with the buildings on Felsbrunn. I'll go with the last one for now.

PS. If anybody knows the modders at Vertexdezign, please encourage them to make a crop storage version of some of their cool sheds.
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

There are a few different crop storage building in the modhub, along with some Grimme belts and you'd be all set. I'd bet you could also edit the root crop storage mod to accept additional fruits, if that's your thing.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I have made modifications to a roofed silage bunker to accept potatoes and beets, and also one to accept carrot and onions. So yes, it is the approach I have taken so far. But, I don't think farmers would store vegetable crops in open sheds. Rodents and wild animals would eat and ruin the crop. That is one reason I would like storage sheds with doors. Controlled temperature and humidity is another.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm sure it would be very difficult to get right but wouldn't it be cool if we had concrete walls that we buy and move with the forklift. They look like an A from the side.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Guil wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 am I'm sure it would be very difficult to get right but wouldn't it be cool if we had concrete walls that we buy and move with the forklift. They look like an A from the side.
After all this. I found a good storage shed for my vegetable crops, only to discover, that multifruit cannot be dumped on the ground. Tried it on two maps, none of them allow multifruit to be tipped on the ground, only at dedicated tip triggers. How sad.
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's some pain, what would be the reason for that?
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Guil wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:07 am That's some pain, what would be the reason for that?
I wish I knew. Have to ask around.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Not sure if you are still looking, but here are some links to building mod packs here, all of them from german sites but you should find the download button:
I didn't test which one of those buildings or any at all is usable as dumping place but it's worth a try.

1. HoT Hofpack
https://ls-modcompany.com/filebase/file ... t-hofpack/
DL-Link: http://uploaded.net/file/5s0am1zi (yes i know, damn ul.to ...)

2. LS19 Gebäude-Pack 1.1.3
DL-Link: direct download from their site

3. MW HOF PACK - USA EDITION 1.0.0
DL-Link: https://filehorst.de/download.php?file=cEicHhxe (15 sek countdown)

4. https://www.modding-welt.com/mods/file/ ... barer-hof/
DL-Link: https://filehorst.de/download.php?file=cxutedti (15 sek countdown)

In case of misunderstandings:
Bilder - pictures
Übersicht - overview
Herunterladen - download

(sites should be clean, i however have ublock origin installed)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Hey, I am in the process of building a three section barn with three doors, it has high doors and roof, concrete floor, it also has ample ventilation, one version will also have internal dividers, it will be in testing soon, maybe it will suit your needs
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Farming Girl wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:36 pm Hey, I am in the process of building a three section barn with three doors, it has high doors and roof, concrete floor, it also has ample ventilation, one version will also have internal dividers, it will be in testing soon, maybe it will suit your needs
I've found that many multifruit maps will not allow the extra fruits to be tipped to ground. The consequences are multiple,
  • No storage, except in silos or bunkers
  • No animation of loading/offloading
  • No use of conveyor belts
I asked in Giant's Developer Network, and Bilbo Beutlin explains:

" "tip to ground" needs assignment in the "densityMapHeightTypes.xml" and channels in the map.i3d <DetailLayer name="terrainDetailHeight" ..
In default maps these are restricted to 31 types (lower 5 bits). For more types the DetailLayer definition has to be changed."

Double clicking the map zip file and opening densityMapHeightTypes.xml will reveil, which filltypes can be tipped to ground. Many multifruit maps are missing the extra fruits in this file or doesn't have the file at all. It may be, that the limitation of 31 types causes map makers to skip this. I'm not a map maker, so I don't know how hard it is to fix the problem. The multifruit map North Frisian March 2.0 proves that there is a way to fix this.
Last edited by kahfs on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Ok so me making my shed will not help at all, I did have the thought of making it into three indoor bunkers that will take root vegetable, carrots etc, but if the map is not set up it seems to be a futile effort
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Farming Girl wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 am Ok so me making my shed will not help at all, I did have the thought of making it into three indoor bunkers that will take root vegetable, carrots etc, but if the map is not set up it seems to be a futile effort
Yes. I have had success on the map Suedhemmern with using a silage bunker converted to accept cabbage. But on the new multifruit version of Sherwood ParkFarm, it didn't work.