Use same machine and equipment on all game saves.

The option to share machines and equipment between personal game saves.

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 56

JCByellowguy

Use same machine and equipment on all game saves.

Post by JCByellowguy »

Just looking to see who else enjoys racking up the work hours on machines and equipment and hates starting over when you want to try a new map or the same map just new save game for different farming?

I would love to see the option to load in any one piece or all of my machines and equipment on a new game save. It would be an awesome option when you purchase something new to be able to choose wether or not you want to save it to the one save game or be able to create a saved machine/equipment file that alows it to be loaded and used in any save game.

Something to give a little thought for the future of the series.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
chedly_farms

Re: Use same machine and equipment on all game saves.

Post by chedly_farms »

I would love the option, I don't think it would not be possible though. You couldn't start with the equipment on you Farm physically, because the game would not know where to put everything.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
theMavric

Post by theMavric »

But shopping is the funnest part!

In all seriousness, this would take a lot of work. And it would be kinda cheating if you think about it. Unless you found some way to deduct the loadout from your starting balance, which only one mode gives you enough to get by with some decent stuff.

Cool concept though! I do restart maps sometimes, especially if I'm dumb enough not to save before doing major landscape changes and I screw something up bad. I think it would make sense to remember the "configuration" of the equipment, if any, so you don't have to go through all the options again.
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

I could see this feature being useful if you have to restart a savegame on the same map because there was an update to the map that requires a restart.
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Stonecutter

Post by Stonecutter »

I was curious about this as I'm thinking of "moving" from Oakfield to Marwell at some point and it actually worked (on PC). All you have to do is replace the "vehicles" file in the save file that you want to transfer stuff into with a copy from the save you want the equipment from.

The only catch is the machinery will be placed exactly where it was on the original map, so you may need to reset the equipment. It's also not something I'd recommend doing regularly because of that.

Obviously this workaround won't work on consoles.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

It could if it was built-in online functionally of using a import save feature. You could bring in money or equipment by checking boxes.Even placables could work if integrated into base game.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Not me. I get bored using the same stuff over and over. I generally go with a different brand for every map.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

You can do that on PC by comping the vehicles XML to the new save. I pretty much do that on all new saves. You can also copy all your finances and stats.

You'll have to reset all the equipment though cause they can end up in funny places including underground.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

There are so much different stuff to try, every new map i get different gear, even if you had this mod you need to reset them anyway, so why not to buy new stuff instead.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

This is an interesting idea.
I am very proud of my T7 (FS17) that is approaching 300hrs.
But I don't know if I would be as proud of the hours if it was used at multiple farms.

On the other hand:
I hate selling tractors if they have a lot of time on them, I tend to repurpose them instead.
It would be interesting to sell the machine and have it appear as a "discount" version on another map.
Making that work would be tricky, and it obviously wouldn't remember EVERY machine you ever sold.

Someone else mentioned using new stuff with every map. I tend to do that too.
I role play as a (brand)-fanatic. Currently on Ravenport as a New Holland/John Deere owner. No red tractors here.
My PNW map is Fendt only, Washoe is Case only.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

My initial thought was to have dedicated machine save files as part of the base game. Every time you purchase a new machine you are given the option to either buy for the save game you are playing on or set up the extra save file so the machine can be loaded into other save games and used.

For example, New Map is released and you like it more than any other map but you also love (machine x) that you are proud has (xxx) amount of hours. You start new game on new map and load in (machine x). Game starts as normal with standard default setup. Only now you can head to the store to find (machine x) is available for you to purchase at a reduced cost reflective of the used state the machine is in.

By no means would this be intended as a cheat to get free machines on a new game, but instead a way to continue using the machine you love and have many work hours on.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in