unfinished game?

FarmBoss

Re: unfinished game?

Post by FarmBoss »

Ritchie wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:44 pm I wonder how many hours people posting here have under their belts on this "unfinished" game :hmm:
Thanks to the many modders working to complete the game, and ways to work around other incomplete areas, players probably have many hours. Otherwise everyone would have wasted their money.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

With such a dim view of the game and Giants I wonder why you and others continue to play the game tbh.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I like the dog.

As for unfinished, FS17 was the first game I've played that supported mods. I'd never even heard of mods, but then I am middle aged...

I've read some veteran players on here saying FS17 wasn't great for the first six months as it took a while for decent mods to be released but now, no new mods for FS17 appear on ModHub so does that mean that FS17 is finally finished?

I only started my FS addiction with FS17 six months before FS19 was released. At first I was disappointed. The graphics were great (apart from this dynamic lighting thing where everything goes dark at times, which I still hate) but all the mods I liked and used were obviously not available. Therefore I went back to FS17, but... it was lacking, so I now play exclusively on FS19 and with every mod that comes along the game gets better.

FS19 will be finished when FS2x is released, and we'll probably see the same old threads appearing bemoaning how much better FS19 was.

BT, busy buying modded equipment.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Ritchie wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:18 pm With such a dim view of the game and Giants I wonder why you and others continue to play the game tbh.
This is the game I love. But I'm not afraid to point out it's flaws, considering the hundreds of dollars I've paid over the years. Feedback should be welcome, turning to complaints when ignored.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:05 pm
Ritchie wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:18 pm With such a dim view of the game and Giants I wonder why you and others continue to play the game tbh.
This is the game I love. But I'm not afraid to point out it's flaws, considering the hundreds of dollars I've paid over the years. Feedback should be welcome, turning to complaints when ignored.
As he said!

Just because I leave constructive feedback in as balanced way a I know how, does not mean I dislike the game, if everyone only posted positive reviews, then the game would never improve and would stagnate.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

No I agree that constructive criticism is welcomed but I don't agree with the way some folks carry on and the drama that goes on on here at times.
Saying that a certain feature should've been in the base game only after a modder has created it is a bit rich. We can all be experts with hindsight.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I agree that drama happens, especially when people don't agree with others feedback/criticism.
What feature are you referring to that should have been in the base game?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

How has things like follow me not been implemented into the base game yet, that mod has been out for quite a few years, and has proven it self useful yet still not adopted into the base game.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guil

Post by Guil »

Not enough available commands on console for it to be implemented
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I just say this my (many years) of continuous loyalty with the series stopped at a dead end with 19. My hopes are high for seasons and the new GPS mod out otherwise Ill stay with 17 until things get better.

I also played that "other" game which we can mention here and it needs a lot of time and work to finish. So at this point our only options for this type of game is GIANTS and for me version 17.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

I'm saying this as a whole (all devs). If a game needs patching more than one time its a UNFINISHED game.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I feel it was unfinished at launch and many features especially the place anywhere feature feel short of its hype, the horses were a letdown, still no water for chickens,and i lived near large chicken farms in NC, they definitely produced manure. Im not on the 19 is unfinished due to no seasons bandwagon.Patches are part of gaming now weather we like it or not but lacking features at launch or patching in features 6+ months later that should have been there day one (landscaping mode) is dissapointing. I will hold off purchasing fs21 till it proves a stable, worthy upgrade. I would like to see less new features and more refinement of existing ones,landscaping, place anywhere,animals, more use/sale options would be nice. Selling corn to a pig farmer, oats to horse farm. more vehicle sales (New and used ) land auctions should return. Lots of stuff could be brought back or refined in next installment.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Ritchie wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:44 pm I wonder how many hours people posting here have under their belts on this "unfinished" game :hmm:
I have around 600.

But just to clarify, my point was not to talk badly about the game. My point is there is so much AWESOME-NESS coming with these mods and DLC's. And I didn't have a better phrase than "unfinished" to describe the game without these mods. To be fair, Giants got a lot of things wrong from release up until the sounds were fixed. However, I feel even in it's unfinished state, it is a lot better than 17.

I tried to go and play on 17, but that New Holland 130-90 came out, and I started a new save on Osina. So...as anything I post, it was meant to be a playful discussion that kind of drifted towards the negative. Such is life.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

texasplowboy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:37 pm I'm saying this as a whole (all devs). If a game needs patching more than one time its a UNFINISHED game.
Are you saying that a finished product would be unable to be improved upon?
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Sir_Kutz wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:14 am
texasplowboy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:37 pm I'm saying this as a whole (all devs). If a game needs patching more than one time its a UNFINISHED game.
Are you saying that a finished product would be unable to be improved upon?
Pretty sure he means bug patching, not game enhancements. If there are bugs that are missed in the first round of patching, then you need new developers.
everything can be improved upon (except my charm).