Stolen mods in mod contest

Tomazius96

Re: Stolen mods in mod contest

Post by Tomazius96 »

Antoher post by Serious on FB:

Update: the object in question is the scale at the NW elevator. It's pretty hard to ask for permission to use an object whose source is impossible to track. But oh well. Oh, and for those of you thinking I uploaded the map for profit, believe me, whatever money it would have earned will never get to me. I don't have a European bank account and have no plans to get one.

Do you need an european account to claim reward if you get it ? :confusednew: Thats a bit of overraction here I guess. And second there is no money prizes in Map category.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Sounds political. maybe somebody didn't like the competition. One more mapper gone.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Well in my opinion its mostly his own fault. Why he used models and prefabs if he didnt dont know the credits, which are essential, especially if you are entering a contest??
Yea its pretty much asshole move by the guy who reported it. But thats between Seriousmods and him. He didnt have credits, thats unfourtently thing that matters at the end of the day.
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

I noticed that the Fiat 80 Series was pulled.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Lots were removed for various issues.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

4 mods removed is what i count.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Victor997

Post by Victor997 »

There is a reason why there are not many good American mods, Giants made the game for Europeans, they cater to European mods and maps and they will not reward you for uploading a mod unless you live in Europe with a European bank account. Not trying to make an issue out of it just wanted to verify the statement made previously.
donaldpott

Post by donaldpott »

Well I for one think its right they did this to him as he has a bad habbit of crying foul when someone don't give him credit for his mods, Turnabout is fair play. Seriousmods has not been putting anything out much and has not for FS19 and would not have anyway unless there was some benefit to himselve IE the rewards for the contest, Most of what he did put out was because it got leaked, He spends most of his time complaining about the community and blaming everyone for how bad the community is when its people like him that make it bad.
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

i went in earlier to vote on them and did notice the list was smaller. That's got to be a hard oops to swallow.

I guess since the map got pulled I can say I did find it looked rather amateurish.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

The Unimog looks like it has been pulled too (understandably, given the quality if it!)
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
3rd pedal

Post by 3rd pedal »

someone is being butt hurt over a piece of mod. whatever happened to the community that make the game great is long gone now...now its all about crying over a mod lol its a game for christ sake
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

It’s not a game at this point, there is money up for grabs. What if you and I worked together mowing someone’s lawn and I got all the money, you would feel pretty cheated wouldn’t you?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
theMavric

Post by theMavric »

3rd pedal wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:08 am someone is being butt hurt over a piece of mod. whatever happened to the community that make the game great is long gone now...now its all about crying over a mod lol its a game for christ sake
Agreed 100%. It happens to modding communities in every game. This is why many modders have gone private. But it doesn't matter anyways, they all end up on the shady download sites for anyone to download and use.

It doesn't matter what you make. It doesn't matter how much time you've put into it. It doesn't matter your reputation as a modder. Your assets will be used elsewhere at some point whether you want them to or not. And some people just don't care about your feelings regarding it.

Now regarding the mod contest. If you don't follow the rules, you're disqualified. 'Nuff said. Go take it out on everyone except yourself.
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Anybody know the list of mods what were removed?

So far i am aware of these:
The Unimog - had bugs and really bad looks.
Fiat 80 - no idea why, but did not look good either.
CanFarm map - about the stolen prefab!

And i still do not get why you need the European bank account, you can use paypal or international bank transfer, losing some money with conversion and transfer fees, not much.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Victor997 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 am There is a reason why there are not many good American mods, Giants made the game for Europeans, they cater to European mods and maps and they will not reward you for uploading a mod unless you live in Europe with a European bank account. Not trying to make an issue out of it just wanted to verify the statement made previously.
This is not true. Are you trying to tell that Giants would not send awards to USA if winner is from there ? Lets say hypothetically that CanFarm wins the contest in "Best map category". You say Giants is not willing to send these prizes to USA, because they just dont care?
Here are prizes for map category
Company tour at KUHN in Saverne, France
Logitech G Streamer Equipment set
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080
DJI Osmo Pocket
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
DJI Osmo Pocket
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
DJI Osmo Pocket
4. to 5.
DJI Osmo Pocket
6. to 10.
Logitech G Heavy Equipment Bundle
11. to 25.
Farming Simulator Cap and bag

Also regarding EU bank account. There is a few internet banks (for example N26 Mobile Bank) which allows you to create bank account via internet for free. So excusses about banks are pretty lame though.

In my opoinon Seriousmods just used this opurtunity too pull out of public modding.