For the factory lovers

TobiHH

Re: For the factory lovers

Post by TobiHH »

Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

TobiHH wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:40 pm That GEO is already available.

https://ls-modcompany.com/filebase/file ... arm-lands/
thanks but IMO that geo is pretty much broken. Tried to grow potatoes and barley with it and i got 100% germination and yield so it only allows to grow cotton but drought and frost elements seems not working.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:00 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:20 pm I for one welcome any mods that offer me more and varied game-play within Farming Simulator that gives me a break from the monotony of driving up and down fields all the time just ploughing, seeding or harvesting. Anything that can give me alternative ways of supporting my farm or making money without doing the traditional plough, cultivate, seed, fertilise, herbicide, harvest and repeat grind is very welcome at this point in time, after putting in as many hours as I have with this game.
Logging, mowing, feeding and transporting animals? The game has a lot of elements to keep you busy.
The problem is that for me having spent nearly 1400 hours playing Farming Simulator 19, I have already done all the logging, mowing, feeding of animals, emptying of manure and slurry, buying and selling of animals that I can stands and as Popeye famously said it, "I stand all I can stands and I can't stands no more." So I welcome anything that anyone can bring to this game that offers new gameplay and new things to do, to extend the games life. The last batch of factory buildings that came out for FS19 from Farmer Schubi, pretty much gave my current let's play on my multiplayer server life, as we were able to produce all our own seeds, fertilisers, lime, fuel etc and never had to buy any of these items, but we had to work hard to get the crops and stuff needed to produce that stuff. Also in my single player let's play series I completed recently on the Mercury Farms Map, I had a rule from the first episode that I could only sell crops or items after I had turned them into something else. So there was no regular farming and selling crops for cash in that series. I need more things like that to occupy me in the game now, and make new maps and new savegames interesting. I've done the whole farm soybeans repeatedly for profit approach to the game right at the start 9 months ago. I've kind of moved beyond that now. So more mods that bring new gameplay features and functions are definitely of interest to me.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I am all in for new mods, i am just not a fan of these expansion mods. I am more about mods, that taking advantage of elements that are already in the game, to the next level.

I love mods, that add more functionality to the game. Seasons, manual attaching, more realistic mods, 4real module were the staple mods for every save in fs17. Expansion of the game is imo big enough. It just need to be tweaked.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Doc3d wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:44 pm
Personally I’m not too into production mods, mainly because *in my view*, they have little to do with farming. A farmer very rarely owns a beer factory as well as his farm (although we now have micro-breweries popping up like there’s no tomorrow -but the beer-making facilities I’ve seen in FS are far from micro so my point still stands)
I have to Agree and Disagree :biggrin2:, let it be known that i have not used the production mods, as i only mod on PC. However i have to agree that a farmer does not usually own large factories, however there are exceptions, there is a farm near me, that when the price of milk dropped they started to make yogurt, they are now a major supplier of yogurt all with milk from their own Cows, there are other examples near me, however i do not feel this is right for FS, as it would become more like a factory manager/sim game.

However i think it would be good if you could have like a small artisan type cheese making facility, or butchery where you can butcher your own animals, and have like a farmers shop, which there are a lot in the area that i live, this would leave the main focus on the game on farming.

Lets face it if i wanted to manage a factory, there are games out there which do this.

Just my opinion.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

I am still confused as to what this has to offer that is different from all the other production placeable out there?
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Farming Girl wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:15 pm
Personally I’m not too into production mods, mainly because *in my view*, they have little to do with farming. A farmer very rarely owns a beer factory as well as his farm (although we now have micro-breweries popping up like there’s no tomorrow -but the beer-making facilities I’ve seen in FS are far from micro so my point still stands)
I have to Agree and Disagree :biggrin2:, let it be known that i have not used the production mods, as i only mod on PC. However i have to agree that a farmer does not usually own large factories, however there are exceptions, there is a farm near me, that when the price of milk dropped they started to make yogurt, they are now a major supplier of yogurt all with milk from their own Cows, there are other examples near me, however i do not feel this is right for FS, as it would become more like a factory manager/sim game.

However i think it would be good if you could have like a small artisan type cheese making facility, or butchery where you can butcher your own animals, and have like a farmers shop, which there are a lot in the area that i live, this would leave the main focus on the game on farming.

Lets face it if i wanted to manage a factory, there are games out there which do this.

Just my opinion.
Have you tried the Hof Bergman map? It has a small shop right at the farm that you can supply with your own cheese and butter that you make with the milk you get. You also get custom butter and cheese machines that you can purchase to make the actual product. Very nice map too, recommended.

This kind of production I am all for, as it happens in real life as well. Lots of farms now sell niche products at a premium, it’s the large scale operations usually associated with production mods I am sceptical of.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Doc3d wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:36 pm

Just my opinion.
Have you tried the Hof Bergman map? It has a small shop right at the farm that you can supply with your own cheese and butter that you make with the milk you get. You also get custom butter and cheese machines that you can purchase to make the actual product. Very nice map too, recommended.

This kind of production I am all for, as it happens in real life as well. Lots of farms now sell niche products at a premium, it’s the large scale operations usually associated with production mods I am sceptical of.
I will give it a look, i guess its time i put my toe in the water and try pc, does seasons work on this map too?
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

No, bergmann wont load with seasons active. Needs to be updated.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

Doc3d wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:36 pm

Just my opinion.

One would say, it gives only 1 - single type of job. transport. BUT . it gives endless planning possibilities, what to grow next, how much . etc etc
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

A question... some people say that it's boring running up and down fields and doing the same things over and over again and factories give them more to do.... but isn't it just more doing the same thing over and over again... taking some input A to place B and taking output C to place D and then taking the other output E to a selling place F.
Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

theSeb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:14 am A question... some people say that it's boring running up and down fields and doing the same things over and over again and factories give them more to do.... but isn't it just more doing the same thing over and over again... taking some input A to place B and taking output C to place D and then taking the other output E to a selling place F.
thought of it the same way before. imo the game as a whole gains an extra element. more planning, more variety, more responsibility. which can be only good.
cuz in whole perspective it aint just about transporting from A to BCDEFGXHZ...
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Sudhemmern..

Is this a production map? Will it loose its point if just playing «normal»?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:45 am Sudhemmern..

Thats right, its a production + multifruit map
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:45 am Sudhemmern..

I am playing that one at the moment, can't see how this mod will be any different to the map, both are production.