For the factory lovers

wiseguy49

Re: For the factory lovers

Post by wiseguy49 »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:02 pm People it is farming simulator, not farming manager.
And you can choose to play this game how you want. I choose to play with factories, and lots of them. I also choose to make my combine harvest at 21mph. Does that make your realistic head spin ?
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

wiseguy49 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:53 pm
1992Tadej1992 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:02 pm People it is farming simulator, not farming manager.
And you can choose to play this game how you want. I choose to play with factories, and lots of them. I also choose to make my combine harvest at 21mph. Does that make your realistic head spin ?
Never said that your need my permission.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

A lot of farms now have onsite facilities to process the products raw materials they produce, and simulations should be as realistic as possible, therefore being able to make cheese from milk and so on, would just be another feature of the game.

Also as you own your own farm in the game, you are inherently a manager as well as a farmer, the game has never and will never be just about working on the farm, you make decisions everyday, such as which animals to keep, what crops to grow, when to sell, the list goes on, so yes it is a management game too! :chinese:
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
magic1085

Post by magic1085 »

wiseguy49 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:53 pm
Amen. The more factories the better for me. It makes me feel like the work I put in has a purpose. Endlessly working fields and selling to non-descript hole in the ground sell points gets boring really fast.

Currently playing Saxonia preparing for GlobalCompany to release, but I am really hoping for a remake of Maverick's Multifruit for FS19
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Farming Girl wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:46 pm
A lot of farms now have onsite facilities to process the products raw materials they produce, and simulations should be as realistic as possible, therefore being able to make cheese from milk and so on, would just be another feature of the game.

Also as you own your own farm in the game, you are inherently a manager as well as a farmer, the game has never and will never be just about working on the farm, you make decisions everyday, such as which animals to keep, what crops to grow, when to sell, the list goes on, so yes it is a management game too! :chinese:
That bold part has nothing to do with this mod.

We have seasons for that.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:45 am
Farming Girl wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:46 pm

That bold part has nothing to do with this mod.

We have seasons for that.
Yes I know, the point was as well as working your farm, you are managing it too! Hence FS19 can be seen as a farm management game!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Disagree.

Management is just a part of simulator. If you ever played fifa and/or football manager then you know the difference between a simulator(even tho it is more arcade than simulator) and an actual manager.

It could be someday a manager mode as well, but not at this point. They still have a lot to do with the current "mode" , that is "just" a simulator.

Manager just organize things without driving tractors around. That is what simulator does.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I for one welcome any mods that offer me more and varied game-play within Farming Simulator that gives me a break from the monotony of driving up and down fields all the time just ploughing, seeding or harvesting. Anything that can give me alternative ways of supporting my farm or making money without doing the traditional plough, cultivate, seed, fertilise, herbicide, harvest and repeat grind is very welcome at this point in time, after putting in as many hours as I have with this game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:25 pm Disagree.

Management is just a part of simulator. If you ever played fifa and/or football manager then you know the difference between a simulator(even tho it is more arcade than simulator) and an actual manager.

It could be someday a manager mode as well, but not at this point. They still have a lot to do with the current "mode" , that is "just" a simulator.

Manager just organize things without driving tractors around. That is what simulator does.
It depends on how you see a manager I suppose, I used to manage a pub, Yet i still had to pull pints! I used to work on the farm, where the guy who managed it also drove the tractors and fed the animals, all I was saying is there is a large element of this game where you are managing things, if that was not the case then you wouldn't be able to hire worker's and assign tasks to them, because that is managing, you wouldn't be able to choose what and where to plant things, because the manager makes those decisions, i have not said that this is a farm manager only game. it is a simulator where you manage and work a Farm. :!:

Edit

Oh and for reference, one of the three options you have when you start your new farm, is New-Manager
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

You are absolutely right Farming Girl. I couldn't agree more. 😊
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:20 pm I for one welcome any mods that offer me more and varied game-play within Farming Simulator that gives me a break from the monotony of driving up and down fields all the time just ploughing, seeding or harvesting. Anything that can give me alternative ways of supporting my farm or making money without doing the traditional plough, cultivate, seed, fertilise, herbicide, harvest and repeat grind is very welcome at this point in time, after putting in as many hours as I have with this game.
Logging, mowing, feeding and transporting animals? The game has a lot of elements to keep you busy.
Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:00 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:20 pm I for one welcome any mods that offer me more and varied game-play within Farming Simulator that gives me a break from the monotony of driving up and down fields all the time just ploughing, seeding or harvesting. Anything that can give me alternative ways of supporting my farm or making money without doing the traditional plough, cultivate, seed, fertilise, herbicide, harvest and repeat grind is very welcome at this point in time, after putting in as many hours as I have with this game.
Logging, mowing, feeding and transporting animals? The game has a lot of elements to keep you busy.
Please STOP enforcing your opinions, will ya?
9 out of 10 ppl likes productions.
Feel free to leave this topic and never come back.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I think people should decide what makes the game for them.

Personally I’m not too into production mods, mainly because *in my view*, they have little to do with farming. A farmer very rarely owns a beer factory as well as his farm (although we now have micro-breweries popping up like there’s no tomorrow -but the beer-making facilities I’ve seen in FS are far from micro so my point still stands)
A farmer would supply the milk for another company to package and sell, nowadays even that is big business and where I live there are only two producers of milk for the whole country. Chances are slim that “my” farmer has a large stock in that.

But again, this is only my way of playing, and I will (at least try to) not disrespect others that choose to do different, I will just avoid the mods and maps not catering to my play style, which is as realistic as I can, hence I don’t produce flour just because I can grow and sell wheat. It’s just a matter of time before you don’t have time to do actual farming any more and just manage courseplay drivers or hired helpers ferrying stuff from a to b. But hey, if that’s what you want to do, go for it.
To me, large scale production in FS is sort of like all the (badly) modded Ferrari’s and lambs you can get. Or the cop and fire trucks etc etc. different play style and I don’t get it... so I leave it alone and see if I can find a nice old tractor that runs a little crooked and can’t get up a steep hill instead :)

Some of the stuff were likely to see might cater to me as well, like compost or maybe washed potatoes or something similar. As long as its farming based and not totally unreal, I’m all for it.

I’m looking forward to checking out the mod when it comes out and I hope there is something in it, even for me. Hopefully it won’t be too long now.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Bartalos1 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:04 pm
1992Tadej1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:00 pm
Please STOP enforcing your opinions, will ya?
9 out of 10 ppl likes productions.
Feel free to leave this topic and never come back.
I was just pointing out the elements of farming simulator, because some people seems to forget that fs isnt just about crops. It is so much more than that.

Forcing my opinion? No I dont do that. Will i leave this thread because you said so? Ofc not.

Have a nice day and please dont push people out, because you dont like them(me).

Moderators are here with reason.

Cheers!
Bartalos1

Post by Bartalos1 »

I love this mod, mostly brewing beer and sugar. Cant wait for geo mod to harvest sugarcane because the vanilla game is so boring, even with the elements our Tadej mentioned.