Console only question

Crazyhorse

Console only question

Post by Crazyhorse » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:00 am

Hi im just wondering why console players are governed by the point system on what they can buy, when todays consoles are more powerful than the minimum requirements on PC especially the xbox one x and the ps4 pro. I dont need people saying get a pc and play on that, i prefer to play on console. I just want to know why console players have the point system.
Cheers in advance

PrincessJessi84

Re: Console only question

Post by PrincessJessi84 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:02 am

the game cant be just playable on the xbone x or ps4 pro.. it has to be playable on the original xbone and ps4 as well
15, 17 & 19 on XBone X / 17 & 19 on PC / 20 on Switch
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb
Stop in and check out our forum for dynamic sales and roleplaying @http://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/

Guil

Post by Guil » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:07 am

It's down to ram, more mods installed and active means more ram used.

Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:17 am

The amount of available ram is also dictated by Sony/Microsoft, they need to make sure that games stay stable when they are running.

gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:22 am

I've never understood the ram thing. Mind you I'm no expert on computers or consoles but the argument I've always heard is that FS runs everything in the map simultaneously and therefore needs a lot of ram that the consoles don't have. But where this makes me scratch my head is when looking at other huge titles for consoles, such as battlefield or grand theft auto online. You would think that they also use vast amounts of ram when there are so many players doing things simultaneously across a huge map that your console has to load and process all of these things happening at the same time.

So I too am wondering the same thing as OP... Why is it that this game somehow can't run on consoles to their full potential, but other titles with maps much greater in size with more NPC's, vehicles, players etc. can?

P.S. not trying to start a war here, but if you really think about what I'm saying it would also make you wonder why magically FS seems like the only game that's really noticeably limited

PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:19 am

how many simulation games r available for console gilroy222? if your answer was anything other than "not many at all", u r wrong.. there is a reason for this.. pc and simulation go together like bubba and forest.. its always been this way.. in fact many simulation games would absolutely highlight the difference between the hardware.. where consoles struggle with things like this, almost any gaming rig out will play most simulators
15, 17 & 19 on XBone X / 17 & 19 on PC / 20 on Switch
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb
Stop in and check out our forum for dynamic sales and roleplaying @http://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/

Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:36 am

As a console player, i do wish there was more available performance wise. However, keep in mind that fs19 has to keep data for fertilizer, weed, lime, plowing, and growth stages (not to mention crop types) 24/7. Games like lets say.... RDR2 despawn parts of the map while if fs19 has to have the entire map loaded at all times, otherwise growth stages and such would be messed up. So while it stinks that we have slots and limited generally normal sized maps, i do understand the reason why thats how it is.

edit: corrected figure
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo

REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:25 am

I've been playing sense 13 on console. Both 13 and 15 on last gen had a mere 120 slots. Enough to do cattle or crops, but not both less you really limit yourself, both sides will allow sheep and chickens. Going into both 17 and 19, I have a hard time reaching the limit from heavy slot management. I can understand limit being an issue in 19, 6 players frequently playing together, each with there own farm, that's going to hurt the limit.

Best thing I can offer is to go into maps, using new manager, that look the most interesting and compare slot counts. Large farms in maps with high slots, small farms for maps with low slots.

I will also add this, I don't know what the d boxes are like, but ps4 vs a ps4 pro, the biggest difference is resolution, which won't help how much equipment you can have.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.

REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:46 am

gilroy222 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:22 am

So I too am wondering the same thing as OP... Why is it that this game somehow can't run on consoles to their full potential, but other titles with maps much greater in size with more NPC's, vehicles, players etc. can?
Using GTAV,offline, if your in the city, npcs and vehicles are being rendered around player character only, a few blocks to a mile, not sure. There is nothing going on outside of that, there is no vehicles or npcs, thing appear when needed and disappear when no longer needed. online, devs may have it so players sync as they meet, but I had many moments where I'm seeing something but friends aren't.

In FS, the traffic and npcs are always there all the time, plus the crop growth across the map.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.

theSeb

Post by theSeb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:31 pm

It is simply because the console manufacturers have certain expectations of how a game performs on their hardware. Allowing mods pushes the game beyond what may be considered acceptable performance, thus creating a bad public view of their consoles. So to ensure those minimum levels of performance are achievable Giants implemented the slot system to prevent the user from loading too many mods, thus impacting gameplay performance

With a PC you are on your own. You can add ALL THE MODS and play the game at 5 FPS on a 16x map, with your GPU from 2010, if you wish.

To put it another way, the consoles are like a curated garden with rules, like having to pick up after your dog has done their business, no ball games on the grass and so forth. PC is like a forest. They are similar things, but also quite different.

For those trying to compare different games with different engines... it's a pointless comparison. It's like asking why is my tractor faster across a ploughed field than a Ferrari 488 Pista.
http://www.realismusmodding.com

Knowledge should be shared and open so don't PM me for Seasons support. *thumbsup*

redbull-man82

Post by redbull-man82 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:34 pm

well said theseb

wombles

Post by wombles » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:45 pm

theSeb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:31 pm
It's like asking why is my tractor faster across a ploughed field than a Ferrari 488 Pista.
For some reason my ar@e got sore reading that bit. :lol:

FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:07 pm

There was a good explanation of the slot system from a while ago that should have been pinned. Might prevent these posts from popping up with the same answers over and over.

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Thanks guys now i understand why simple.

FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:38 am

I wonder how many slots each of the trillion planets in no mans sky uses.