Console only question

FarmBoss

Re: Console only question

Post by FarmBoss »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:18 am it has to be that way.. u don't seem to understand that part of it.. louder for the people in the back.. IT DOESNT WORK THAT WAY.. if it grew "gradually" the game would have to process each plant at its individual state each and every growth state.. now that doesn't so bad playing in real time.. but now fast forward.. speed time up like most players do at one point or another.. now an entire map is changing states often... real often.. im pretty sure that would bring my system to its knees.. NO other game I play does anything like what it seems like u want.. the most "complex" farming game out hands down is crops and cattle and it runs like garbage.. awesome potential.. but the execution of such complexity taxes my system probs about as much or more than ANY other game I play on any setting.. these types of games r insanely taxing (in crops and cattle defense, it has been awhile since I played and a patch dropped since then and its entirely possible they lined out the performance issues a bit but I doubt it as the phase of their build seems to be features and not optimization (yet?))
I know it doesn't work that way. I was responding to @juf.de remark "But damn but that growing on those fields next to the player be smooth"
After talking about games that only load immediate area. He seems to think crops wouldn't "grow" if the player wasn't near them if giants did things any other way.
And according @theSeb, Giants is using state of the art high technology when it comes to farming simulators.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I am happy to take TheSeb’s word for it to be honest. The guys at Realismus probably know the game, the engine and the coding almost as well as giants as they Work with, and change, massive chunks of it making seasons.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Sure, it's his opinion, I wonder how many farm engines he worked with, or was hoping to get hired by. And you want his mod, so...
Last edited by FarmBoss on Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I think theSeb is correct.. I own every current major farming title on pc and none of them do what fs does as smoothly or beautifully.. when it comes to overall appearance and performance.. Giants Engine is second to none.. and honestly juf is right.. in fact its so hard to actually simulate the growth, the other farming titles all just have their growth state set to midnight by default because evidently simulating mass plant growth is harder than people on here think.. honestly.. theSeb and juf.de r 2 of the brighter minds on this forum and know what they r talking about and I absolutely trust their opinion
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Yes, their sheep farm is growing nicely.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yes. At 40 years and with a successful and long career in my field I am now hoping to get hired as a gameplay programmer.

Why don’t you go troll somewhere else? Your posts are simply cringe and painful to read.
GSD84

Post by GSD84 »

The update did the sound glitching and sounds like u have broken speakers ” that I don’t have ”
Guil

Post by Guil »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:46 pm Yes, their sheep farm is growing nicely.
If you continue to post just to be disruptive then further action will be taken.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Sorry, no need for further action. I'll tone down the humor.
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

Guil lock this thread
Don't leak mods