So....

AmericanFarmer23

So....

Post by AmericanFarmer23 »

So, I’ve been playing the FS games for a while and I’ve seen a lot of opinions...good and bad. I’m not trying to start a war as I appreciate both the console and pc version respectively. I’m creating this topic because I’m curious as I usually play the game on console and eventually would like to make the switch over to pc and see what that’s all about. So anyways what’s the pros and cons of the pc?
crash

Re: So....

Post by crash »

pros for pc
-mods
-mods
-better grafics
-mods

pros for consoles
-you play the game, no endless search for that one one mod
-it`s just works, no need to upgrade hardware
-it`s cheap to get started
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

honestly it depends on who u r asking.. imho every single advantage is given to the pc.. there r many people who would agree.. there r many people who would not agree based on various reasons.. pc performs better all the way around (given your system is current(ish) and up to par), has far less restrictions (slots, mod limit, scripts, etc.) and its almost infinitely customizable.. we shall see what the next gen of consoles bring to the pitch but so far the game is in favor of the pc as it has been for some years now.. honestly the cash isn't that relevant.. I mean.. it is.. not everyone has thousands to dump into their system.. but.. we r all paying hundreds of dollars to play "pretend tractors".. its either worth it or its not
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Pros: Virtually unlimited mods as there is not a license restriction like consoles. Ability to create and edit mods and most in game settings. Faster load times, ability to change frame rate (seems like its hit or miss though) larger maps 4X, 16X, 64X? No slot limit. Feel free to add or correct me.

Cons: minimum system requirements,bugs,crashes,mod conflicts, update/Ugrading harware every few years,viruses.Again feel free to add or correct me. Just off the top of my head.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Used to play FS on console before switching to PC.
For me its night and day. It's a different game on PC
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

One could argue - and lets say that you don't have a PC or a console for this sake - that consoles are less costly than PCs. I say they aren't. You can get a cheaper PC, put a decent graphics card in it, and play FS just fine. My PC probably cost me about $450 and its from 2012. And I can play FS on Very High settings.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Was introduced to FS17 on the Xbox during an "Xbox Gold Sale".

After learning a bit more about mods (and wanting to align objects on my map better, and use "courseplay"), I purchased FS17 for PC/Mac and have not played it on the console since.

Pre-ordered FS19 for PC/Mac also, was willing to buy a new computer if it didn't work on the trusty old 2012 MacBook Pro Retina (it does, quite well).

Have been making my own mods and maps since moving away from console.

Absolutely loving how customisable the game is on the PC/Mac, although honestly lately I spend far more time working on a new map (from scratch) and creating stuff for it than I do playing the game...

Happy farming :)
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I went from PC to console. I like it fine on both platforms. I'm concidering a modest PC for this and other games I'd like to play.

On console you get frustrated if you go on YouTube and see someone playing a map or using a tractor you can't get.

On PC you get frustrated when you download said map or tractor and it causes your game to crash, deletes your save files, and forces you to reinstall the game for the 100th time.

Neither is perfect for everyone but simulators work better on PCs.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter »

Just switched from console to Mac and I don’t know if I will play it on console again.... but if you just want it to work every time and be easy to use, console is best. Still won’t switch back though as it feels like an arcade game on console compared to a simulator on the Mac.
W1der

Post by W1der »

The biggest difference for me ... on PC you have a lot more options for what type of controller(s) you want to use ... :this:

Sure, a gamepad beats using only keyboard and mouse ... but having a steering wheel with pedals and a couple of joysticks available brings the game to another level!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

After having FS15 &17 on xbox I got the PC version for 19. I like the game customization that PC mods allow, however it has been stated before here that on PC one may tend to spend more time trying to find that one perfect mod than playing the game. You can also run into conflicts with mods. I currently have a few, nothing that brakes the game, but a bit annoying. Console is definitely a more casual affair, and IMO this is a casual game. That being said I really am enjoying the PC side of things and try to stem my urges to get all the mods.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

wiseguy49 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:56 am One could argue - and lets say that you don't have a PC or a console for this sake - that consoles are less costly than PCs. I say they aren't. You can get a cheaper PC, put a decent graphics card in it, and play FS just fine. My PC probably cost me about $450 and its from 2012. And I can play FS on Very High settings.
You can, but I would not want to.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Pro's for Console: Less hassle turning Xbox on and straight into the game
Stable Platform, and less mod compatibility issues (some slip through, point in case the trees)

Pro's For Pc: better graphics
Better game play, use of mouse keyboard, controller, mouse and more
No Mod Limit
No Brand restrictions
Scripts are allowed, hence change the game-play considerably, course-play, follow me, factory mod, just to name a few,
Loads more choice in mods
Bigger Maps
Do i need to go on!

(So why do i still play console? lol, I have friends on there, otherwise i wouldn't)

The cost can be an issue, however you can do much more on your PC than you can a console, looking outside the FS Franchise, there are far better Sim typ games for PC than on console, purely because of the lack of limitations, for instance i have a dual screen ATC game, i couldn't do that on console!

I recently got My PC on sale i paid £699 reduced from £1000, i does me well i have as many as 8 applications open sometimes, i couldn't do that on console!

I have to say it PC Wins Hands Down for me! Im still Playing console though!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Switched to PC from console for 19 and definitely feel I made three right choice at the right time. 15 I played as my first farm sim and enjoyed it greatly without any mods, just the base game and pretty much just Bjornholm. 17 opened my mind to mods and new maps and being able to customise the game to my tastes a little bit. Needed to switch to PC to be able to take that customisation further so the game would suit my style of play more now the novelty of certain aspects of it had worn off and to break the chains of the slot system.

A couple of other little advantages to PC - more save slots and easier ability to manage savegames, mods, and to make little tweaks to game files; access to other decent farming games.
wombles

Post by wombles »

I play on both, PS4 with son and some work friends, and on PC on my own. I like both, but prefer PC as I can edit the map to my liking with GE. If I only had a PS4 or Xbox I wouldn't go and buy a PC just to play FS19, I have a PC too, as I like to play strategy games that are not on console, such as Hearts of Iron and Totalwar.