So....

theSeb

Re: So....

Post by theSeb »

Going to PC be wary of people claiming on forums that they can play using very high settings on budget PCs.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Well ... some people seem to be fine playing with a FPS around 30 ... (I am not one of them) ... !
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

W1der wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:41 am Well ... some people seem to be fine playing with a FPS around 30 ... (I am not one of them) ... !
Might as well stick to the console for a better experience....
wombles

Post by wombles »

Best thing I ever done when playing on PC was turn FPS counter off, what ya don't know doesn't hurt. Plus you don't keep driving into things because your watching your FPS counter ;).
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yes. Playing the radio loud also helps to mask the rattle coming from the engine.

People with normal vision can tell the difference between 10, 30 and 60 FPS without an onscreen frame rate counter. Then once you have experienced gaming on a 120 Hz+ monitor, you will never go back. But by all means, continue turning up your metaphorical volume.
wombles

Post by wombles »

I'll take your word for it Seb, I have a pretty good set up, so can't disagree. On the radio, good minds think a like.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

wombles wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:18 am I'll take your word for it Seb, I have a pretty good set up, so can't disagree. On the radio, good minds think a like.
My post wasn’t aimed at you. If you have a good set up then you don’t need to worry about the frame counter anyway.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Monday morning :(. apologies Seb. I'll get back to what I'm supposed to be doing.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

4K solid 60fps laying back on the couch is better than 144hz sitting at a desk for me.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Berek

Post by Berek »

if I could tell only one reason, that would be CoursePlay.
that mod is a gamechanger just as the seasons mod.
PC
W1der

Post by W1der »

theSeb wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:42 am
W1der wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:41 am Well ... some people seem to be fine playing with a FPS around 30 ... (I am not one of them) ... !
Might as well stick to the console for a better experience....
FS15 was the reason I started gaming on a PC ones going in to forestry on my xbox and experience severe lag for the first time ...

My current PC is ”struggling” with FS19 as I had gotten used to a steady 60 FPS with FS17 and I am sensitive to any frame drops below 59 ... I have found myself having to tune down my settings as my savegames progress ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Rbk_3 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:49 am 4K solid 60fps laying back on the couch is better than 144hz sitting at a desk for me.
I have Ultra 4K, solid 60fps and i'm on the couch, yet i can play like that on the PC too, i just connect to the tv, and Boom, away i go. the wonders of modern tech, i will be playing farming sim on the PC for the first time on Wednesday, i wonder why :hmm:

I know it has something to do with Seb, and his work partners, but i can't remember what it was :lol:
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

For me the biggest pro of PC is being able to fix that niggly annoyance ... like that IBC the map-maker left just where CoursePlay turns your grain cart ... or being able to set up a new game the way I want by giving myself unlimted funds to chop and change the kit, being able to add mud and hours to equipment so that I don't start with everything shiny and new.
Last edited by blue_painted on Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I’m not saying I get 60 FPS with my budget PC... in fact I don’t. But my map has tons of stuff going on so it is what it is.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I really don't get y everyone is saying "console starts easier, loads the game simplier, etc" when it absolutely does not.. people argue this point all the time in favor of consoles but its nonsense.. ok yea maybe my xbone x beats my stepsons budget gaming pc.. but it falls horribly short of my pc.. I literally push the power button and from there on out my pc will work laps around my xbone.. "but what about all the extra features, pcs r scary and complicated!".. they aren't.. I literally push the power button, put in my 4 digit pin (optional but I have a teenager in the house so yea I rock the pin lol), double click the game and im off.. I can start my pc, start the game AND get my map loaded before my xbone gets fully powered and running.. both r kept really clean.. both r right next to one another.. and the xbone is like.. 1/4 the life of the pc.. "but u have to update your pc!".. no I don't.. my pc takes care of itself.. all I do is tell her she is pretty and enjoy my games.. the services I use r happy to handle their own updates at around 2am as I have already told it to do.. "but but but.. what happens if u have to upgrade something.. my console is better.. all I have to do is buy one and plug it in and go!" true.. kinda.. except u have to buy one.. and u have to download all the updates and games and all that.. meanwhile I will pick up any single part in my pc short of the hd, install it and be back up and running literally like it never happened within 30 minutes of the part arriving.. "but but but" NO BUTTS! pc is better for anyone capable of operating said computer.. ok if u struggle with operating pc that's fine.. I get it.. and honestly nothing wrong with that.. but if u r claiming a shortcoming on the pc end of things because of your own shortcoming that doesn't really seem fair in the argument.. simply put I can do EVERYTHING with my rig better than I can with my console and way more.. its like comparing a local pool to a water park.. sure u can get wet and splash the water at either but in the end that local pool cant hold a candle to that water park.. the pools r smaller, life guards r uglier and theres no damn slides!
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick