Why is everyone hating giants right now?

FarmerJDC

Why is everyone hating giants right now?

Post by FarmerJDC »

Why do people keep complaining about the DLCs? They are expanding the game for us. Literally giving us more options to play with in game. They cant give the entire JD and case amd fendt and all the rest of the brand's lineup of equipment. And even if they could it takes time to make the models just like modders take time to make their own things. There is no magic button for every piece of farm equipment out there to appear in game for free. Give them a break. Everybody is complaining about the cotton dlc. If you dont like cotton then why bother talking about the cotton dlc. They are putting out dlc every month lately so there's bound to be something that pleases everyone including the john deere people. Give them some more time. Well aware that cotton is an American thing amd its not popular among the European players but its a crop that is grown in farms and this is farming simulator so that pretty much says it all. They are sticking to what they advertise as a farm game. I'm surprised they dont tell everybody that we will not make amymore dlcs or games because of all the flak they get all the time now. And the dlcs so far have been cheap. I'm sure I'll be severely talked about here now, but I mean dang. Everytime they try to satisfy a group of players another group hates on it. Its a farming game guys.
Farm-war

Re: Why is everyone hating giants right now?

Post by Farm-war »

I do not hate them, on the contrary I congratulate them because it is a good dlc and for the slots that went down
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

I haven't heard any complaining.

I haven't kept tabs on what DLC is coming, so I was pleasantly surprised when it appeared in my list today.

My biggest complaint is not having any cotton fields ready.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
crash

Post by crash »

All the members on this forum represents 5,5% of all the people who have bought a copy of fs19.. Does the happy customer speak up? no.. So in that context, the debate(thread titles) might be a bit polarized..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Farm-war wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:27 am I do not hate them, on the contrary I congratulate them because it is a good dlc and for the slots that went down
Did the new patch lower the slotcounts of vehicles? Is that what your saying? If so that is awesomeness
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

The minority are the ones doing the complaining. The majority stay silent and happy with their purchase. As for what you get for the cost of the dlc. To me Giant are right on the money. It is what it is. If you dont like it dont buy it. Wait for the Platinum dlc. Giant try their best to keep fans happy. No doubt people will complain about Platinum too when its announced. Its the nature of the beast as they say. People dont have the right to complain if the haven't purchased it. We see it all the time with mods and they are free to everyone. Shows you there is a small minority group in the community that just dont appreciate what they are given. And yes you are absolutely correct its a game. Certain people act like they are entitled to something which is never the case. Usually ends up turning out to be young childern spoiled by their parents.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

*thumbsup*
Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:48 am
Farm-war wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:27 am I do not hate them, on the contrary I congratulate them because it is a good dlc and for the slots that went down
Did the new patch lower the slotcounts of vehicles? Is that what your saying? If so that is awesomeness
Yes 🤗
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Aahhhh human nature. There's always something to complain about and it's impossible to make everyone happy. There's always someone who doesn't agree.

Me, myself, I never plant cotton on my farms. And yes, I'd rather have seen some other John Deere stuff instead. But I won't complain, cause I know there are people that do farm cotton.

So I keep hoping they'll release DLC with stuff I do like. (Other John Deere implements, more KRONE equipment, CLAAS)
Ignorance is bliss
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Is everyone hating Giants? As the person who is responsible for seeing something like that, i can confidently say: No. Not even a majority.

There is something called the "80/20/5" rule and the link explains really well what it means and is generally a very useful to roughly gauge sentiment. Of course, i have a few more tools that let me be much more accurate when it comes to how much people like or dislike something. :)

That being said, we definitely want to hear all feedback, including the negative one. And even if someone from Giants was to remove negative feedback from the forum because the creator is cursing like a sailor and is generally acting like an unpleasant person to be around... that is still feedback we have received.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Don’t be surprised to see sick people at a hospital.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Social media gives people too easy way to throw up their sh** towards Giants or to anybody in general. This is Farm sim game, but YOUTUBE has given the game so much more audience and new players who dont know the history of the game or even agriculture. They see pretty mods from popular non-realistic FS players, Timelapse toy farming etc. in youtube and they start to complain about Giants. I hate this, I've been playing FS for long time and it gets better everytime no competition... all the great brands and the gameplay is just great imo. Modding community adds also so much for the game all the time and Giants listens fans of the game and make improvements as they can.

Keep up the good work GIANTS and thanks! It's summer time, I'll drink one cool beer for you ;)
wombles

Post by wombles »

theSeb wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:50 am Don’t be surprised to see sick people at a hospital.
:lol: Good one.

I have seen very few hating on giants, there is those that love them, and sometimes with love comes frustration.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

I think that's the problem Chris, when someone does try to give negative feedback all the Viking keyboards come out try to shut them down saying the usual speeches like " spoilt kids, entitlement, Giants own you nothing" that kind of thing, how are you guys going to know what people want if people aren't allowed to tell you, that being said I don't have any real complaints about the game, I think the biggest problem yas had was how unbelievable you made fs17, was always going to be a hard act to follow but fs19 now with the landscaping feature and smoothness is a nicer game to play, as for the cotton dlc,it ain't for me but it don't bother me at all
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Seeing last reviews, 94% of reviews are positive. So only 6% of people does not like FS19.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I think some people confuse criticism of certain aspects of the game or releases with hate. It is possible to like the game and Giants as a company but disagree with the direction they take sometimes. I agree some people do take it too far and that is maybe becoming more prevalent as the game has a much broader reach these days but its healthy for constructive criticism to be aired and a forum associated with the developers is the perfect place for that. For the FS series to continue to improve it needs feedback on the good AND the bad and ideally some decent competition from other developers. As far as the DLCs go I choose to voice my opinions with my wallet - I've not been impressed by either of them so far so haven't bought them.