Why is everyone hating giants right now?

this_is_gav

Re: Why is everyone hating giants right now?

Post by this_is_gav »

Agree with FarmerJimbob above. Well structured constructive criticism goes a long way regarding content and features. Proper bug-reports go a long way for wanting things fixed.

Ranting about this and that, something that seems endemic here, doesn't achieve anything.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:32 am I think that's the problem Chris, when someone does try to give negative feedback all the Viking keyboards come out try to shut them down saying the usual speeches like " spoilt kids, entitlement, Giants own you nothing" that kind of thing, how are you guys going to know what people want if people aren't allowed to tell you, that being said I don't have any real complaints about the game, I think the biggest problem yas had was how unbelievable you made fs17, was always going to be a hard act to follow but fs19 now with the landscaping feature and smoothness is a nicer game to play, as for the cotton dlc,it ain't for me but it don't bother me at all
Exactly. It's assumed if you criticize something, you must hate it.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

wombles wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 am
theSeb wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:50 am Don’t be surprised to see sick people at a hospital.
:lol: Good one.

I have seen very few hating on giants, there is those that love them, and sometimes with love comes frustration.
Theres loads on the facebook page
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

if you go to a restaurant and you get a survey on the reciept, how many of you actually take the time to fill it out? Now, lets say if service was terrible, i bet that you would be sure to take time out of your day to fill out that survey. Same thing here, majority of people like it, just the whiners rise above the rest. Reminds me of somethin else... :hmm:
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
wombles

Post by wombles »

eric21 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:09 pm
wombles wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 am
theSeb wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:50 am Don’t be surprised to see sick people at a hospital.
:lol: Good one.

I have seen very few hating on giants, there is those that love them, and sometimes with love comes frustration.
Theres loads on the facebook page
That's social media for you.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Farmer216 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:59 am My biggest complaint is not having any cotton fields ready.
+1. I have quite a bit growing but I have oats to harvest and soybeans to drill before I get to my imagined fall cotton harvest. :lol:

Social media is nothing but hate. Welcome to the internet. You think it's bad here? Don't go to the FS Facebook page. :shock:

Keep up the good work Giants! I haven't even checked the slot count but if it's down, even better! I'm looking forward to getting that $800,000 machine dirty. Cotton has become my cash crop lately so this comes at a perfect time.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

FarmerJDC wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:25 amWhy do people keep complaining about the DLCs? They are expanding the game for us. Literally giving us more options to play with in game. They cant give the entire JD and case amd fendt and all the rest of the brand's lineup of equipment.Everybody is complaining about the cotton dlc. If you dont like cotton then why bother talking about the cotton dlc. They are putting out dlc every month lately so there's bound to be something that pleases everyone including the john deere people. Give them some more time. Well aware that cotton is an American thing amd its not popular among the European players but its a crop that is grown in farms and this is farming simulator so that pretty much says it all.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. People have different tastes.

One of the primary complaints about the John Deere DLC is that it has one piece of Johne Deere equipment in it and 5(?) pieces of equipment from other brands. It is misleading to call it John Deere when John Deere makes up less than 20% of the equipment. Cotton is as controversial as root crops and it is more so with seasons coming out soon that has a default geo that will not support cotton.
FarmerJDC wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:25 amAnd even if they could it takes time to make the models just like modders take time to make their own things. There is no magic button for every piece of farm equipment out there to appear in game for free. Give them a break. They are sticking to what they advertise as a farm game.
Meh, its what they're paid to do and they have access to more resources than private modders, so I have less sympathy. Also, Giants picks what they want to do, so in most cases it is self inflicted harm if they make an under performing DLC. I'd rather Giants make more useful stuff than expansions to current tech that many people don't use, which is the case with both paid DLCs so far.
FarmerJDC wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:25 amI'm surprised they dont tell everybody that we will not make amymore dlcs or games because of all the flak they get all the time now. And the dlcs so far have been cheap. I'm sure I'll be severely talked about here now, but I mean dang. Everytime they try to satisfy a group of players another group hates on it. Its a farming game guys.
Money greatly increases ones tolerance for pain. If Giants takes their ball and goes home, someone else will fill the space and make money off it.

Giants has more than enough data to determine what they think can be added to get the most ROI. Everything will be criticized to some extent because when you have a large customer base, some one will not like something (2MM x 0.05 = 100K forum users). Its better to have a some what active forum than to have no activity because no activity means your game is basically dead.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Walrusman02 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:17 pm if you go to a restaurant and you get a survey on the reciept, how many of you actually take the time to fill it out? Now, lets say if service was terrible, i bet that you would be sure to take time out of your day to fill out that survey. Same thing here, majority of people like it, just the whiners rise above the rest. Reminds me of somethin else... :hmm:
So, if the service you paid for was terrible, and you complain or offer feedback, you're a whiner? That pretty much sums up what most think about people who give criticism.
If they only wanted praise, they'd probably rename the box to something else. Criticism often leads to improvements.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

I hate them so much, that I always buy FS games and DLC from them.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Sir Ironoak

Post by Sir Ironoak »

I certainly don't hate Giants. On the contrary! I really like them! They provide me with one of my favourite games that gives me a great deal in return. What's not to love?

If everything is perfect? Offcourse not, there is no such thing, and... that's why I also trust them to work really hard to do even better in the future! And the winner is... ME! =)
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:07 pm I think some people confuse criticism of certain aspects of the game or releases with hate.
No denying that this happens too of course. Part of my job is sifting through everything folks write and then basically figure out "okay what is the wish behind this".
Sir Ironoak wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:54 pm I certainly don't hate Giants. On the contrary! I really like them! They provide me with one of my favourite games that gives me a great deal in return. What's not to love?

If everything is perfect? Offcourse not, there is no such thing, and... that's why I also trust them to work really hard to do even better in the future! And the winner is... ME! =)
This is basically the majority of people. Of course not everything is perfect but i think it does me and my coworkers disrespect when people claim that we don't do anything or are lazy.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

O5-Chris wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:59 pm
FarmerJimbob wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:07 pm I think some people confuse criticism of certain aspects of the game or releases with hate.
No denying that this happens too of course. Part of my job is sifting through everything folks write and then basically figure out "okay what is the wish behind this".
4b 65 65 70 20 75 70 20 74 68 65 20 67 6f 6f 64 20 77 6f 72 6b 21

:mrgreen:
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:02 pm
O5-Chris wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:59 pm
4b 65 65 70 20 75 70 20 74 68 65 20 67 6f 6f 64 20 77 6f 72 6b 21

:mrgreen:
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

O5-Chris wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:59 pm Of course not everything is perfect but i think it does me and my coworkers disrespect when people claim that we don't do anything or are lazy.
Precisely, this is when criticism steps over in to unfounded personal attacks and this is why people tend to jump all over posts like that.
If criticism of a feature or aspect of the game is brought up in a sensible and respectful manner then you're more likely to get a favourable response, from Giants and the rest of the forum users.
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

It seems like everytime i get on the forum there's somebody complaining about a mod for console and the DLC. I believe it was the post that had the times for release of cotton dlc and most of the comments were saying it was no good and a waste of money and cotton *censored*. If that wasnt the one then it was another thread. I'm just telling what I saw on here. Apparently its not that many but that thread was full of whining. And I didnt find most of it to be constructive criticism.