John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

traveler87

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by traveler87 »

still no response?
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

traveler87 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:46 pm still no response?
At this point, I'm sure that the Xbox adjustment was not supposed to happen. There was probably an error somewhere. It's not that it isnt possible, but probably limited by the console manufacturers.

If the PS4 was supposed to be the same, we would have probably heard by now. They are probably trying to figure out how to reverse course without Xbox players taking up torches and pitchforks. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't address it at all and try to sneak it through in the next update.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Xbox players should raise hell if they do. And so should PS4 honestly...I mean think about it, we are limited by our slots due to being on consoles and I get that. But if Xbox is functioning just fine and works well and PS4 can also while saving us slots!? That's great and good news so make it work and have lots and lots of happy people
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:08 am Xbox players should raise hell if they do. And so should PS4 honestly...I mean think about it, we are limited by our slots due to being on consoles and I get that. But if Xbox is functioning just fine and works well and PS4 can also while saving us slots!? That's great and good news so make it work and have lots and lots of happy people
That's what I've been wondering too... It seems like the Xbox's are doing just fine with this new slot optimization. So why not try to keep it and make everyone happy, rather than reverse it?
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

I dont realy understand why Giants decided to go whit slots in the first place... thers plenty of games on Xbox atleast that dosent have a system like that so cant be Microsoft that forces them...
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Mafredr wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:19 am I dont realy understand why Giants decided to go whit slots in the first place... thers plenty of games on Xbox atleast that dosent have a system like that so cant be Microsoft that forces them...
It's a service for us console players to see, when the game become to run out of RAM. It doesn't matter, if they call it slots (ingame) or MB (modhub) oder something else. Most of the games don't have such Mods, you can add to your current gameplay. Normaly you use 1 machine, 1 outfit, 1 position in a game or you have to store items in a box at the same time (<- that is the point), not +100 machines (+crop +status and so on). Other games don't need such a system.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

This entire thread is pretty much pointless, it's going to end up being what it is and all this back and forth won't change any of it.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

To be honest I think Giants would be better labelling it as what it is. Percent of memory used. It’s not as ‘tidy’ as slots but at least then everybody would understand what it was and realise it’s a console limitation, not just Giants imposing limits for no reason.
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

ltl.vamp wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:22 pm
Mafredr wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:19 am I dont realy understand why Giants decided to go whit slots in the first place... thers plenty of games on Xbox atleast that dosent have a system like that so cant be Microsoft that forces them...
It's a service for us console players to see, when the game become to run out of RAM. It doesn't matter, if they call it slots (ingame) or MB (modhub) oder something else. Most of the games don't have such Mods, you can add to your current gameplay. Normaly you use 1 machine, 1 outfit, 1 position in a game or you have to store items in a box at the same time (<- that is the point), not +100 machines (+crop +status and so on). Other games don't need such a system.

Just look at games like ARK/Conan... ONLY reason for slots i can see is that Giants know that many of ther players know **** about how games work and want to stop people from complaining when they crash the game..
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

The slot system is a way of managing the limited ram available in consoles. Farm SIM works in a different way to most games and is constantly keeping track of field states, vehicles and workers etc across the whole map. Whereas games like ARK/Conan only load the area immediately around the player at any point in time.
The map, vehicles and all items use up ram to a greater or lesser extent and this all needs to be restricted to an upper limit so the game continues to work at an acceptable frame rate. There is no doubt a little bit of spare capacity on both consoles as Sony & Microsoft will probably require a margin of safety rather than pushing both to the absolute limit.

Hopefully I've explained that all correctly but anyone who knows more about the ins and outs of ram use etc please correct me.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Ok, let's not turn this into an argument and then it gets locked and we never get an answer on the issue please. Slots are there because xbox as PS4 require them, it's been discussed several times in the past. I'm remaining optimistic that they will keep it and allow PS4 to have an update also
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

The arguments usually start because of a misunderstanding as to why there is a slot system in the first place. I thought I'd try and explain it as best I can above.
Not looking to start an argument.
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

Ritchie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm The arguments usually start because of a misunderstanding as to why there is a slot system in the first place. I thought I'd try and explain it as best I can above.
Not looking to start an argument.
Iam fully aware that Conan and ARK load whats close only and FS dont.. that do NOT stop thos said games to be able to fill up whit animals and buildings to blow consoles memorys to bits and you can crash them if you build to mutch.. using up all memorys. My point is.. FS could done the excact same and made so people could buy as mutch as they wanted and then crash the game 🙂
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

My point is it would be beter to lett people manage it themself.. some people can handle playing whit a bit of lag more than others.. Giants have decided that limit for us insted of letting us ourself.
It's not like if we where alowed to use 5more slots the console would crash only a bit more lagg 🙂
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:08 pm Ok, let's not turn this into an argument and then it gets locked and we never get an answer on the issue please. Slots are there because xbox as PS4 require them, it's been discussed several times in the past. I'm remaining optimistic that they will keep it and allow PS4 to have an update also
No argument here... 🙂

Tho if Giants wanted to answer they would have a answer by now. They for sure know whats going on just not willing to answer.