John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Ritchie

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Ritchie »

So you want to be able to have the option to crash the game?
I'm not really following the point you're trying to make. The way farm SIM works with managing all that is going on on the whole map at any point in time is why it needs to be the way it is. By doing it this way it also allows you to jump from one side of the map to the other without a loading screen.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Sony and Microsoft don't want to have there systems grind to a halt because the user has loaded too many items at one time. Therefore we have the slot limit.
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

Ritchie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:42 pm Sony and Microsoft don't want to have there systems grind to a halt because the user has loaded too many items at one time. Therefore we have the slot limit.
IfMicrosoft and Sony dident want people to load to many items at once... why do they alow it in other games then?
Microsoft and Sony do NOT decide the slot thats Giants only.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

That is a question to be directed at the developers of the other games you are talking about. I have no idea why they would allow you to crash the game, if that is actually the case. It doesn't seem like a good thing to me.
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

Point isent that i want to crash FS. My point is the game could handle more items used in the map.. would lagg more ofc before it would crash. But i want the option to set the Line myself how mutch lagg i can handle before i dont like it 🙂

Another point is to clerify slots isent something decided by Sony and Microsoft. Bad ide or good ide it's Giants ide and not thos to 🙂
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Ok I give up. Someone else can try explaining it better than I can.
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

Ritchie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:04 pm Ok I give up. Someone else can try explaining it better than I can.
I perfectly understand what you say. So no need for explanation. Not sure you understand what i say tho.. but that dosent mather 🙂
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

What you want isn't going to happen so it's pointless asking for it.
Whether it's Sony/Microsoft or Giants that have set the limit is irrelevant it's there to stop the game becoming a horrible lagging mess. There will be a safety factor applied to the limit therefore the consoles could handle a little more but I doubt it would make a massive difference.
TexasOutlaw729

Post by TexasOutlaw729 »

If Giants didn't limit the amount of slots that could be used without exceeding Xbox and PS4 capabilities then everyone on God's green one would be complaining that the game lags to much
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Mafredr wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:25 pm
Ritchie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm The arguments usually start because of a misunderstanding as to why there is a slot system in the first place. I thought I'd try and explain it as best I can above.
Not looking to start an argument.
Iam fully aware that Conan and ARK load whats close only and FS dont.. that do NOT stop thos said games to be able to fill up whit animals and buildings to blow consoles memorys to bits and you can crash them if you build to mutch.. using up all memorys. My point is.. FS could done the excact same and made so people could buy as mutch as they wanted and then crash the game 🙂
We'd rather not people come to us complaining that the game crashes all the time.

Anyway, if you want to discuss the pro/cons of how we use the Slot system, then this is the wrong thread for it. We're still looking into the reduced Slot count but i don't have more news to share. :/
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

O5-Chris wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:24 pm
Ritchie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm The arguments usually start because of a misunderstanding as to why there is a slot system in the first place. I thought I'd try and explain it as best I can above.
Iam fully aware that Conan and ARK load whats close only and FS dont.. that do NOT stop thos said games to be able to fill up whit animals and buildings to blow consoles memorys to bits and you can crash them if you build to mutch.. using up all memorys. My point is.. FS could done the excact same and made so people could buy as mutch as they wanted and then crash the game 🙂
We'd rather not people come to us complaining that the game crashes all the time.

Anyway, if you want to discuss the pro/cons of how we use the Slot system, then this is the wrong thread for it. We're still looking into the reduced Slot count but i don't have more news to share. :/
Hope you share it soon then 🙂 I understand you dont know all.. but you do know if it was intenional our not. You also know if it was suposed to happen on PS to.
Why it dident happen our why it happend when it shouldent.. i can buy you dont know.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

O5-Chris wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:24 pm

Thanks Chris, still hoping for a good outcome on PS4 from this and I'll continue to wait patiently and hopefully others will also
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Mafredr wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 pm Another point is to clerify slots isent something decided by Sony and Microsoft. Bad ide or good ide it's Giants ide and not thos to 🙂
Exactly this.

After three weeks of "we are looking into it",and they know nothing?
They must have MrMagoo without his glasses looking.
Then again GIANTS has never really had good communication.
Its all about making a buck. And they already have ours.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:46 pm
Mafredr wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 pm Another point is to clerify slots isent something decided by Sony and Microsoft. Bad ide or good ide it's Giants ide and not thos to 🙂
Exactly this.

They know perfectly well by now. They just dont want to say anything yet for whatever reason... makes you think it was a mistake and it's gona be upped again on Xbox.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Mafredr wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:58 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:46 pm
Exactly this.

They know perfectly well by now. They just dont want to say anything yet for whatever reason... makes you think it was a mistake and it's gona be upped again on Xbox.
Yeah...I pretty much said the same thing a while back. I don't think its about finding out "why"...its a matter of mitigating the blow back. I doubt they actually come out and be forthright about it...more than likely sneak it in a patch. Will probably be labeled as a patch to prepare for seasons.