John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Mafredr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 am

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Mafredr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:27 pm

My point is it would be beter to lett people manage it themself.. some people can handle playing whit a bit of lag more than others.. Giants have decided that limit for us insted of letting us ourself.
It's not like if we where alowed to use 5more slots the console would crash only a bit more lagg πŸ™‚

Mafredr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 am

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Mafredr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:31 pm

vondeylenfarms wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:08 pm
Ok, let's not turn this into an argument and then it gets locked and we never get an answer on the issue please. Slots are there because xbox as PS4 require them, it's been discussed several times in the past. I'm remaining optimistic that they will keep it and allow PS4 to have an update also
No argument here... πŸ™‚

Tho if Giants wanted to answer they would have a answer by now. They for sure know whats going on just not willing to answer.

Ritchie
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Ritchie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:40 pm

So you want to be able to have the option to crash the game?
I'm not really following the point you're trying to make. The way farm SIM works with managing all that is going on on the whole map at any point in time is why it needs to be the way it is. By doing it this way it also allows you to jump from one side of the map to the other without a loading screen.

Ritchie
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Ritchie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Sony and Microsoft don't want to have there systems grind to a halt because the user has loaded too many items at one time. Therefore we have the slot limit.

Mafredr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 am

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Mafredr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Ritchie wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:42 pm
Sony and Microsoft don't want to have there systems grind to a halt because the user has loaded too many items at one time. Therefore we have the slot limit.
IfMicrosoft and Sony dident want people to load to many items at once... why do they alow it in other games then?
Microsoft and Sony do NOT decide the slot thats Giants only.

Ritchie
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Ritchie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:55 pm

That is a question to be directed at the developers of the other games you are talking about. I have no idea why they would allow you to crash the game, if that is actually the case. It doesn't seem like a good thing to me.

Mafredr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 am

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Mafredr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Point isent that i want to crash FS. My point is the game could handle more items used in the map.. would lagg more ofc before it would crash. But i want the option to set the Line myself how mutch lagg i can handle before i dont like it πŸ™‚

Another point is to clerify slots isent something decided by Sony and Microsoft. Bad ide or good ide it's Giants ide and not thos to πŸ™‚

Ritchie
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Ritchie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:04 pm

Ok I give up. Someone else can try explaining it better than I can.

Mafredr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 am

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Mafredr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Ritchie wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:04 pm
Ok I give up. Someone else can try explaining it better than I can.
I perfectly understand what you say. So no need for explanation. Not sure you understand what i say tho.. but that dosent mather πŸ™‚

Ritchie
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Ritchie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:14 pm

What you want isn't going to happen so it's pointless asking for it.
Whether it's Sony/Microsoft or Giants that have set the limit is irrelevant it's there to stop the game becoming a horrible lagging mess. There will be a safety factor applied to the limit therefore the consoles could handle a little more but I doubt it would make a massive difference.

TexasOutlaw729
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:18 am

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by TexasOutlaw729 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:19 pm

If Giants didn't limit the amount of slots that could be used without exceeding Xbox and PS4 capabilities then everyone on God's green one would be complaining that the game lags to much

User avatar
O5-Chris
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:22 am
Location: Erlangen
Contact:

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by O5-Chris » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:24 pm

Mafredr wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:25 pm
Ritchie wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm
The arguments usually start because of a misunderstanding as to why there is a slot system in the first place. I thought I'd try and explain it as best I can above.
Not looking to start an argument.
Iam fully aware that Conan and ARK load whats close only and FS dont.. that do NOT stop thos said games to be able to fill up whit animals and buildings to blow consoles memorys to bits and you can crash them if you build to mutch.. using up all memorys. My point is.. FS could done the excact same and made so people could buy as mutch as they wanted and then crash the game πŸ™‚
We'd rather not people come to us complaining that the game crashes all the time.

Anyway, if you want to discuss the pro/cons of how we use the Slot system, then this is the wrong thread for it. We're still looking into the reduced Slot count but i don't have more news to share. :/
Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Mafredr
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 am

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Mafredr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:00 pm

O5-Chris wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:24 pm
Mafredr wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:25 pm
Ritchie wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm
The arguments usually start because of a misunderstanding as to why there is a slot system in the first place. I thought I'd try and explain it as best I can above.
Not looking to start an argument.
Iam fully aware that Conan and ARK load whats close only and FS dont.. that do NOT stop thos said games to be able to fill up whit animals and buildings to blow consoles memorys to bits and you can crash them if you build to mutch.. using up all memorys. My point is.. FS could done the excact same and made so people could buy as mutch as they wanted and then crash the game πŸ™‚
We'd rather not people come to us complaining that the game crashes all the time.

Anyway, if you want to discuss the pro/cons of how we use the Slot system, then this is the wrong thread for it. We're still looking into the reduced Slot count but i don't have more news to share. :/
Hope you share it soon then πŸ™‚ I understand you dont know all.. but you do know if it was intenional our not. You also know if it was suposed to happen on PS to.
Why it dident happen our why it happend when it shouldent.. i can buy you dont know.

User avatar
vondeylenfarms
Posts: 896
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 pm
Location: USA, Ohio

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by vondeylenfarms » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:47 pm

O5-Chris wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:24 pm
Mafredr wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:25 pm
Ritchie wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm
The arguments usually start because of a misunderstanding as to why there is a slot system in the first place. I thought I'd try and explain it as best I can above.
Not looking to start an argument.
Iam fully aware that Conan and ARK load whats close only and FS dont.. that do NOT stop thos said games to be able to fill up whit animals and buildings to blow consoles memorys to bits and you can crash them if you build to mutch.. using up all memorys. My point is.. FS could done the excact same and made so people could buy as mutch as they wanted and then crash the game πŸ™‚
We'd rather not people come to us complaining that the game crashes all the time.

Anyway, if you want to discuss the pro/cons of how we use the Slot system, then this is the wrong thread for it. We're still looking into the reduced Slot count but i don't have more news to share. :/
Thanks Chris, still hoping for a good outcome on PS4 from this and I'll continue to wait patiently and hopefully others will also
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however not racist we own some green :coolnew: )

Platform-PS4

User avatar
TacoFarmer
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:55 pm
Location: TBAP Ranch,PS4

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by TacoFarmer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Mafredr wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 pm
Another point is to clerify slots isent something decided by Sony and Microsoft. Bad ide or good ide it's Giants ide and not thos to πŸ™‚
Exactly this.

After three weeks of "we are looking into it",and they know nothing?
They must have MrMagoo without his glasses looking.
Then again GIANTS has never really had good communication.
Its all about making a buck. And they already have ours.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
Who Dat Who Der Ranch-Flaming Pinto Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .

Post Reply