Do you think Claas is coming?

Is Claas going to be in the Platinum Edition?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 131

DeereJason

Re: Do you think Claas is coming?

Post by DeereJason »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:39 am As per this news article Giants partnered with Claas around February 2019. https://www.scholarlygamers.com/news/20 ... rtnership/ As far as the length of negotiations go that is unknown. As I said partnership not licencing agreement. ...
As I read it, that only states when they announced the partnership. The writer doesn't know any more than we know now...or even then. IMO, a partnership isn't "official" until pen is out to paper. Until that time, anything can change. Therefore, I think a license was in place at that time.

I still think that they began discussing it l(to varying degrees) long before then. Giants would have needed to have the Platinum Edition planned out for some time already. Focus isnt going to dish out money without a plan in place.

Given the obviousness of timeline and this weekend's event, I believe its a given that the Platinum edition is going to include Claas....but not necessarily only Claas.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:39 am As per this news article Giants partnered with Claas around February 2019. https://www.scholarlygamers.com/news/20 ... rtnership/ As far as the length of negotiations go that is unknown. As I said partnership not licencing agreement. February to July is 5 months. So within that time a licencing agreement could have been negotiated and plans of a dlc could have been put in place by both Giants and Claas. Well I would say that dlc was most likely in development before Claas partnered with Giants and were negotiating deals with potential new brands to include in the dlc if there is a map included they could have been working on that. Then Claas partnered with Giants. For all we know Giants could have already signed a licencing agreement with Claas. What is being shown at Farmcon 19 is a demonstration of the Platinum dlc. Speculatively speaking we are looking at a release window possibly sometime in the autumn or fall as our American cousins call it. I am guessing just before Thanksgiving in November as 17 Platinum came out mid November 2017. I would guess at the 12th or 19th November. From what I remember dlcs usually release on a Tuesday. This gives Giants approximately 3 to 4 months to finish the dlc. I have no doubt Giants are already heavily into development of the Platinum dlc. My guess is that Giants will probably announce something over the course of the weekend. This will be very interesting to watch. As someone else said this speculation could be the worst kept secret or the biggest bluff in the history of Farming Simulator. I think Chris knowns but has swore an oath of secrecy. As Chris, Guil and Lisertan has hinted. PERHAPS!! I think that 7 letter word speaks volumes. My guess is $20, €20 or £20.
Someone posted Giants Software roadmap for this year, it had platinum coming out in October but Chris said it's not final or speculation atm
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

eric21 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:29 am
gingeredscot73 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:39 am As per this news article Giants partnered with Claas around February 2019. https://www.scholarlygamers.com/news/20 ... rtnership/ As far as the length of negotiations go that is unknown. As I said partnership not licencing agreement. February to July is 5 months. So within that time a licencing agreement could have been negotiated and plans of a dlc could have been put in place by both Giants and Claas. Well I would say that dlc was most likely in development before Claas partnered with Giants and were negotiating deals with potential new brands to include in the dlc if there is a map included they could have been working on that. Then Claas partnered with Giants. For all we know Giants could have already signed a licencing agreement with Claas. What is being shown at Farmcon 19 is a demonstration of the Platinum dlc. Speculatively speaking we are looking at a release window possibly sometime in the autumn or fall as our American cousins call it. I am guessing just before Thanksgiving in November as 17 Platinum came out mid November 2017. I would guess at the 12th or 19th November. From what I remember dlcs usually release on a Tuesday. This gives Giants approximately 3 to 4 months to finish the dlc. I have no doubt Giants are already heavily into development of the Platinum dlc. My guess is that Giants will probably announce something over the course of the weekend. This will be very interesting to watch. As someone else said this speculation could be the worst kept secret or the biggest bluff in the history of Farming Simulator. I think Chris knowns but has swore an oath of secrecy. As Chris, Guil and Lisertan has hinted. PERHAPS!! I think that 7 letter word speaks volumes. My guess is $20, €20 or £20.
Someone posted Giants Software roadmap for this year, it had platinum coming out in October but Chris said it's not final or speculation atm
Its actually the publisher Focus Interactives game releases for the year and you are correct dates have not been finalized. Farming Simulator is meant to becoming out on Nintendo Switch around December.
Last edited by gingeredscot73 on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

After 9:30 in Harsewinkel, Germany. Farmcon starts at 10:00am. Platinum demonstration is 3:00pm until 3:45pm. Mod Contest awards is 3:45pm until 5:00pm. So thats 4pm UK time as we are one hour behind Germany. Developer meet and greet is 5:30pm until 10:00pm. Just speculating, but if we dont hear anything by 5:00pm in Harsewinkel then the announcement wont be today I am guessing. 5:30pm until 10:00pm they will all be getting hammered on German beer so they will be too drunk to post anything. 😂😂😂
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

At 14:00h CLAAS will be on stage. 15:00h the Platinum demonstration.

So between 14:00h and 15:05h we’ll hear the news
Ignorance is bliss
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Hope so.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No hope so, they are going to
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Case was introduced in the Titanium edition(gold=platinum=titanium, just different names). Claas is last big brand not in the game, that people want(especially EU people).
Just put in signature combines, forage harvesters, tractors...add in some implements and nice map and sell it for 15-20 €.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Arrancar88 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:40 pm Case was introduced in the Titanium edition(gold=platinum=titanium, just different names).
Case already had the Quadtrac and Steiger in FS13. The Titanium DLC introduced the Puma and Magnum and the two Axial-Flow combines.
Yelibam

Post by Yelibam »

DeereJason wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:58 am
Yelibam wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 pm It's obvious that Claas is now linked to FS, but will they be coming in the Platinum DLC? I'm not sure that there has been time for that since the announcement of their involvement. Here's another idea...
These deals are worked out long before anything is announced. Sorry, the Lizard instead of Claas makes no sense whatsoever. As someone else already said, it takes just as much effort to make either. It would be a matter of licensing...which I'm sure they already have given where they are this week.
That's right, but I don't expect them to be in FS19 in any form.

Bear in mind that Claas have already licenced their brand to CnC. If Giants have a Partnership with Claas and not a Brand License, as has been stated earlier, then the only way they can be in the game unbranded is to be represented as Lizard machines. I don't expect this to happen until FS21.

The announcement today is about the Platinum edition. If Claas are not in the Platinum Edition, as I expect, then we may not hear much about Claas in the game at all this weekend.

As I said, I'm probably completely wrong about all this, but this is something that hasn't been suggested before!

The alternative is that they will be introduced in FS21 as the featured brand. I think that is also more likely than them being in the Platinum Edition.
Deora

Post by Deora »

I’ve just seen a photo of the big screen at Farmcon with an Xerion 5000 on the frontpage of the Platinum addon.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
Yelibam

Post by Yelibam »

OK, I was wrong!
Claas is in the Platinum Edition:
https://youtu.be/-c9ayitLOh0

And I am very pleased!
squerble

Post by squerble »

35 vehicles and equipment! Nice!! :biggrin2: *thumbsup*
Yelibam

Post by Yelibam »

squerble wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:16 pm 35 vehicles and equipment! Nice!! :biggrin2: *thumbsup*
How do you know this?