How is it after the first day

OlavEmil

Re: Seasons - Testing snow ingame?

Post by OlavEmil »

Oddbob wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:43 pm Why do you mention it being rewritten? It looks like the same info as yesterday.
Yes, I somehow ended up in the Seasons 17 tutorial. That also explains why that method didn't work.

It was quite embarrassing.
BoxTunnel

Re: Some tips on Seasons crop rotation - Possible spoilers

Post by BoxTunnel »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:14 pm
george.earlslight wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:46 am
Fairview Simulations wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:19 am I remember back on the farm many years ago we would
Barley
Canola
Wheat
Wheat (this crop got the greatest advantage)
Oats under sown with lucerne
5 year break stock allowed to graze once lucerne was established

I don’t think this works in game
It wouldn't, as Seasons penalizes planting the same crop each year.
Also, I don't know what undersowing is (computer farmer only). Did you sow oats, press it down and then sow lucerne above?
Under sow,
IMO, basically growing two crops in same field at same time, generally one germinates first and grows quicker and taller as season suits it, second germinates and begins growth under shelter from first crop, once first crop is eaten,cut or whatever it is generally a suitable season for the second crop to mature which is usually (in my part of the world) a baling or grazing crop that will last a few seasons/cuts
Why I love this forum part one.

Blokes who do it for real teach me stuff! Even though I live in rural Wiltshire, and get stuck behind tractors every day I have no idea what they are doing (although since I started playing the game I can sort of recognise a baler or tedder)! I've even got to the stage of flashing them out if they are waiting to get on the road, just so I can see what it is and what it is doing.

I have learnt something today :)
reallogger

Re: Seasons And Crop Fertilizing

Post by reallogger »

Yeah we have changed to 3 stage fertilization. But there is a known bug related to what you describe.
JohnDeere77

Weeds in Seasons

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I had a field in Felsbrunn which needed plowing. I didnt bother and sowed anyway. Before germination I sprayed the field with herbiced. But still the field is 100% covered in weeds.

Funny is tho,there is part of the field where it says it doesnt need plowing. That part have no weed. Do I have to plow the field in order to get rid of the weed next year?

And also(never quit trying, If u ask two questions only one will get answered :lol: :lol: ) I had a pile of hay in a shed(from Giants), that turned back to grass in when it rained. The two haybales next to it was fine. Supposed to be like that?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
L2K Perma

Re: Weeds in Seasons

Post by L2K Perma »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:29 am I had a field in Felsbrunn which needed plowing. I didnt bother and sowed anyway. Before germination I sprayed the field with herbiced. But still the field is 100% covered in weeds.

Funny is tho,there is part of the field where it says it doesnt need plowing. That part have no weed. Do I have to plow the field in order to get rid of the weed next year?

And also(never quit trying, If u ask two questions only one will get answered :lol: :lol: ) I had a pile of hay in a shed(from Giants), that turned back to grass in when it rained. The two haybales next to it was fine. Supposed to be like that?
1. Could be a potential bug, though I have yet to even plant my first crops with seasons so can't say for sure.

2. This is a piece taken from the manual of seasons. Which states only bales have the protected status due to game limitations.
Swaths and heaps of grass will start to rot and disappear if not baled in time and left on the ground. Swaths and heaps of straw and hay will rot when it rains. To prevent loss of material, work field by field: mow, bale and wrap for grass, or mow and directly ted to turn it into hay. Hay is then safe until it rains, so be sure to bale before then.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

The field is 100% covered in weeds? As in vanilla weeds? I really want to reproduce this, since you are the 4th person to report this and I have no idea how you did it. What is the map? Can you share your save game using our slack? Can you give more details. Is there some step that you haven't mentioned. I've tried doing exactly what you did and I cannot get 100% weeds. What season length are you using?

herbicide currently does not act on the planted state. I may decide that this is good because why spray on planted. But 100% weeds is not good and very odd
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

theSeb,
Just speaking in real life, a lot of farmers spray before planting to prevent from weeds, but some spray afterwards to also prevent weeds from coming up. We spray afterwards because that's when the co-op is able to because there are bigger farmers that want their attention first. They both do the same thing. Spraying afterwards can cause some compaction issues that hurts the population count. It doesn't always, but it can.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Procobator

Re: Seasons - Months

Post by Procobator »

In the translations folder find the xml file for your language and open it up. Search for the seasonal default text and replace with what you like. If you’ve never tampered with an xml be careful. Also, please don’t come back here and post that the mod is broke because you tampered with it. When you modify mods you do so at your own risk. Good luck.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

theSeb wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:46 am The field is 100% covered in weeds? As in vanilla weeds? I really want to reproduce this, since you are the 4th person to report this and I have no idea how you did it. What is the map? Can you share your save game using our slack? Can you give more details. Is there some step that you haven't mentioned. I've tried doing exactly what you did and I cannot get 100% weeds. What season length are you using?

herbicide currently does not act on the planted state. I may decide that this is good because why spray on planted. But 100% weeds is not good and very odd
I'll read about how to share it on slack tomorrow. Just opened my account there. But yeah, as in vanilla weed. The map shows that a huge part of the field is covered in weeds(read more below)

But here is more info:
The map is Fellsbrunn, and used an Giant seeder. Was on 9day seasonlength Ran over just a small part of the field and let that grow(wasnt sure about if it was to early since it was day 1 of spring, but the temps seemed fine, except from a forecast of 1 degree C in two days or so.) But since I got insecure I left rest of the field for later. The first part germinated in the first transition and then I sowed rest of the field. The new sowed part of the field got sprayed with herbiside on it right away. There was spots of weeds that didnt get killed. And the part of the field that was already germinated got partly sprayed. The part that I sprayed there is free of weeds. When turning from spring to summer I changed the season length to six days.

Hope I recall all I did, and spelling is not good. My infant will wake up in about 3,5h so now I must sleep... :-D
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

L2K Perma wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:56 am

2. This is a piece taken from the manual of seasons. Which states only bales have the protected status due to game limitations.
Swaths and heaps of grass will start to rot and disappear if not baled in time and left on the ground. Swaths and heaps of straw and hay will rot when it rains. To prevent loss of material, work field by field: mow, bale and wrap for grass, or mow and directly ted to turn it into hay. Hay is then safe until it rains, so be sure to bale before then.
Also when under roof? I have a shed from Giant
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:20 am
L2K Perma wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:56 am

Also when under roof? I have a shed from Giant
I believe so, seb would know for sure though.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
CBRjack

Re: Seasons & Horse helper

Post by CBRjack »

It doesn't work. It'll show the horses at 100% activity, but it doesn't give you the increased income compared to manually exercising your horses.

I had a horse showing 358$ at 0%, at 2300 it showed 358$ at 100%. I tried it manually, 358$ at 0%, 811$ at 100%.
Rbk_3

Glitched out tress with seasons ?

Post by Rbk_3 »

https://imgur.com/gallery/b2Rb4pY
This is on Marwell but also happens on Welker.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
gingeredscot73

Re: Glitched out tress with seasons ?

Post by gingeredscot73 »

The trees are most likely FS17. Both map creators are updating their maps for seasons 19. This will be fixed in the map updates. A lot of creators will likely come across this issue if they have trees that are not FS19 trees on their map. Will be a common problem I feel. Its the ones with the white bark. I think they are birch trees. I think the trees are fine on Ravenport and Felsbrunn.
https://www.facebook.com/Mappers-Paradi ... 312826418/
https://www.facebook.com/OxygenDavidFS/
gingeredscot73

Re: Using your own equipment on contracts

Post by gingeredscot73 »

I think that could be a bug. You could create a bug report to Realismus Modding.
Either that or a mod conflict possibly? Have you tried just with running season? If it does the same with just running seasons then seasons the issue. If it works fine with just seasons then you have a mod conflicting with season. Have you tried the same with Felsbrunn or Ravenport. Just a thought.
Process off elimination 1. Country Line with Seasons and nothing else. 2 in game map with Seasons and nothing else. If its a mod test several until you narrow it down to one.

https://gitlab.com/realismusmodding/fs1 ... ons/issues