How is it after the first day

Werdy

Seasons - Months

Post by Werdy »

I got an idea. Can somehow rename each periods after months ?
For example Early Spring will be March, Mid Spring - April etc.
Procobator

Re: Seasons - Months

Post by Procobator »

It could be done but spring in the Southern Hemisphere does not start in March. That would make playing on a South American, African, or Australian map a little weird.

In FS17 you could add the months in by modifying the xml tables. I haven’t checked if that’s still the case for 19.
Guil

Re: season-contract equipment has zero durability

Post by Guil »

Beastbubba wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:07 pm 1. The condition of the harvester/header have no effect on yeild. Just the speed of the vechicle.

2. Unless for some weird reason seasons is affecting them, contract vehicles do not lose any durability. Since seasons made changes to durability and repaint, it's possible but I havent tested yet.

3. From my exp, the condition of contract equipment has not affected it's speed. They have all worked at full work speed.
1. I'm quite certain it does affect yield, certainly does if you are using your own machinery but not sure on borrowed stuff.

3. This is certainly false, last night I borrowed a quadtrac and the biggest cultivator, can't remember the name of it but it would only go 10kmh. Likewise a horsch 9m seeder would only do 13kmh yet it's in the store at 18kmh.
Procobator

Re: Seasons - Testing snow ingame?

Post by Procobator »

I have successfully added a snow mask to my map and had no issues. A few things to look for:

- Make sure all you file paths are correct
- Ensure you added the proper info layers to the i3d file

take another look at the instructions and double check your work. I highly recommend changing the seasons grle file to 2048x2048. It gives you much better fidelity.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Harvester maintenance affects yield. Header maintenance affects speed. There is a video on here somewhere where somebody tested it. Yield starts to drop when the maintenance bar is around 2/3 full.
CriusXD

Question about selling in Seasons.

Post by CriusXD »

Just sold 200.000 silage. The price was in the barn € 321. So I should earn € 64.200.

Instead I earned € 28.893. That's a price of € 145.

I play on normal, so the price should be €321, when I sold I get € 145 and that's even less then If I played on hard, then the price is € 166.

So something isn't right?
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:32 pm Harvester maintenance affects yield. Header maintenance affects speed. There is a video on here somewhere where somebody tested it. Yield starts to drop when the maintenance bar is around 2/3 full.
It was Mr. Sealyp that tested this
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
Emil Jørgensen

Post by Emil Jørgensen »

Another problem i recently got, was that the leased equipment in the missions was: John Deere 8245r (290 hp) and the Great plains seeder (requires ~410 hp).
This does not sound fair to the John Deere, and btw, it was fully worn down.
Was testing seasons on Felsbruun, and once I finally got onto the road, I could only pull the seeder with 2 kmh.
PC - Fs 11 - Fs 17 - Fs 19
"Rather Push A Deere, Than Drive A Massey"
DirectCedar

Re: Seasons & Irrigation

Post by DirectCedar »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:32 pm Can you turn off the water requirement portion of seasons? No drain tile and no irrigation makes it a bit too random for me; especially once other Geos roll out.
Welcome to real farming bossman :biggrin2: The majority of cultivated land in the world is not irrigated or tile drained. It's all about the clouds being in the right place at the right time :wink3:
CriusXD

Re: Some tips on Seasons crop rotation - Possible spoilers

Post by CriusXD »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:26 pm My thoughts on this after playing with the rotation planner.
  • Soybeans seem virtually impossible to get about 90% yield unless you leave land fallow. Even then the minimum I saw was 90%, meaning fallow to soybeans would need to yield 180% to justify loss of one years crop. It looks like soybeans are a support crop more than anything as you can put them in, take a 10% yield hit and then get 20% bonus on the following two crops.
  • Leaving land fallow is a waste of resources because in order to get the land to break even it would need to 2x the minimum yield of the crop. As i didn't look a root crops, this may be the only area that it works.
  • The UI is a little weird, but basically it should be labeled prior to previous crop, previous crop, current crop, next crop, etc. Once you understand this it is much easier to understand that you have to enter the field history and are basically working on the 3rd and subsequent entries as to what you need to plant. It also is a loop, so entries into 4,5 and 6 affect item 1. I watched many a streamer struggle with this and it is very hard to explain via chat.
Rotations I like:
  • Grass, Grass, Cereal (wheat, barley, oat) - good for supporting livestock. I think the yield works out to 120%, 108%, 120% assuming it is looped. Grass can be replaced by cotton in geo that supports it for those who want to farm it.
  • Soybean, Canola, Cereal (wheat, barley, oat) - everything can be planted using a seeder and the yield is 90%, 120%, 120%. You give up 10% soybean yield for plus 40% yield on the other two crops
  • Soybean, Sunflower, Corn - same as above only for those who don't mind tillage and are farming with planters.
I started a new game, and had fallow, fallow on the first field. But when I scanned my fields after harvesting grass, the previous state of the field was cereal, but I planted grass, can you check that?
Guil

Re: Question about selling in Seasons.

Post by Guil »

Silly question but did you sell it in the barn? What map?
CriusXD

Post by CriusXD »

Guil wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:07 pm Silly question but did you sell it in the barn? What map?
I sold the 200k at the barn on Felsbrunn. Other players said that the price index you see if you press escape and then go to the pricelist is the price you get for your crops, for me silage.

The barn price was €321, but when I calculated what the price really was, it was €145.
But it was higher then in the seasons pricelist, there is was €135 or something.

The price €145, is even less, then if you put the difficulty on hard, that was €166.
OlavEmil

Re: Seasons - Testing snow ingame?

Post by OlavEmil »

Thanks. I'll try some more. I did notice that if the paths weren't correct, I wasn't able to add the mask in the editor.
CriusXD

Re: Seasons - Fallow Fields

Post by CriusXD »

If you planted grass and harvest it the first year and then don't harvest it the second year. the field will also be recognised as fallow.

YEAR 1 - GRASS - harvested.
YEAR 2 - GRASS - not harvested - field will become fallow.

You don't have to cultivate the grass field to become fallow if you planted grass, just don't harvest it.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

If you're selling in a barn does that mean you sold bales, or am I missing something? If you did sell bales, were they definitely full and fermented properly?
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb