How is it after the first day

reallogger

Re: Seasons - Fallow Fields

Post by reallogger »

Thanks for pointing that out @CriusXD.
Werdy

Re: Seasons - Months

Post by Werdy »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 pm And that also wouldn't work because the time scale would shift with how many days you select per season. For example, with 12 day seasons , each game day equates to about 7 1/2 calendar days. For a 3 day season each game day would be one calendar month
Why not ? you have 12 periods: Each periods could have 1 / 2 / 3 / XY days.
It do not matter if you play 3 day or 6 day seasons.

Spring - Early, Mid, Late - March, April, May
Summer Early, Mid, Late - June, July, August
Autumn - Early, Mid, Late - September, October, November
Winter - Early, Mid, Late - December, January, February
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Procobator wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:16 pm It could be done but spring in the Southern Hemisphere does not start in March. That would make playing on a South American, African, or Australian map a little weird.
Considering the GEOs will set up the weather patterns, there is no reason why that couldn't also define the months too.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Aholz89

Re: Question about selling in Seasons.

Post by Aholz89 »

Price dropped after first load?
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

We didn't name them as months on purpose for various reasons. One is that it makes it easier to use the mod with Southern Hemisphere GEOs. Two: if we did then people would be going on about ohh you don't normally plant wheat in *insert month* around where I live. with a period the whole idea is a bit more abstract and thus we can ignore such whining.
CSGamer

Re: Seasons & Irrigation

Post by CSGamer »

I was hoping we would be able to fill a sprayer with water and water the crops to bring moisture levels up a bit if it hasn't rained in a while since we have drought now but either way, having a blast with seasons, thank you again realismus team, much love!! 😁😁
Haza747

Seasons - thank you.

Post by Haza747 »

Thank you for a great mod, iv donated to your account. It’s a real game changer and without it I wouldn’t play farming sim.

Cheers guys, enjoy FarmCon.
Rasping rabbit

Re: season-contract equipment has zero durability

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Cowboy5130 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:41 pm

It was Mr. Sealyp that tested this
Mr Sealyp only tested the headers. It was a forum user on a separate test that tested the harvesters.
CSGamer

Re: Seasons and LS-modcompany mods

Post by CSGamer »

Good to know farmer klein, not knowing how many animals I have always got on my nerves 😬
Victor997

Post by Victor997 »

Is it still as easy to edit the names of the seasons to months?
CriusXD

Post by CriusXD »

Guitarman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:34 pm If you're selling in a barn does that mean you sold bales, or am I missing something? If you did sell bales, were they definitely full and fermented properly?
yes, I did sold bales that where full and fermented. I checked it with the scanner you can buy at € 5.000.
CriusXD

Post by CriusXD »

Aholz89 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:04 pm Price dropped after first load?
Nope, price was steady the whole time. In Season pricelist and in the pricelist in the menu.
OlavEmil

Re: Seasons - Testing snow ingame?

Post by OlavEmil »

The 2048x2048 definitely makes placing the snowmask alot more forgiving.

I still can't seem to make this work. I have scrapped all my previous work and started from a blank download of the map. Reading through the full Seasons Mask manual again, before completing each step to the letter (except adding appropriate file paths where required). I am perfectly able to find the seasons info layer in the editor, and place it where I don't want snow to fall. Still, when I save it and rezip all the files into the original mod zip file (overwriting all files), snow still falls everywhere. At this point, I only have the map file and seasons in my mod folder, starting a new game (with no other saves existing in the game).

At this point, I can only think of two things I don't feel sure about.

First, I have limited experience with the editor, and I may have forgotten something since last time I used it. Is there anything more than simply saving the file in the editor and rezipping that needs to be done for edits to actually show up in game?

Second, I notice that under Maps in the manual (the page before the Seasons Mask page), it says "To activate custom Seasons files for your map, add a folder named seasons next to your map XML file. Put all Seasons related XML files in that folder. The mod will automatically find those files." Does this apply in any way for adding snowmask to a map? I can't think of any custom Seasons related XML files I would put in such a folder.
Cowboy5130

Re: season-contract equipment has zero durability

Post by Cowboy5130 »

My bad
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
theSeb

Re: Seasons - thank you.

Post by theSeb »

Thanks. We appreciate the kind words.