How is it after the first day

george.earlslight

Re: Seasons - thank you.

Post by george.earlslight »

hun3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:38 am What do y'all think is a reasonable donation??

$29.95 That how much was FS 19.
Whatever you think it's worth your time.
Recreation in the USA has different costs than in East Europe for example.
Personally, I'd donate what a beer and pizza night costs in my area.
george.earlslight

Re: Seasons - Months

theSeb wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:26 pm We didn't name them as months on purpose for various reasons. One is that it makes it easier to use the mod with Southern Hemisphere GEOs. Two: if we did then people would be going on about ohh you don't normally plant wheat in *insert month* around where I live. with a period the whole idea is a bit more abstract and thus we can ignore such whining.
Those could be solved if mapmakers named the months relevant to their specific GEO.
OlavEmil

Re: Seasons - Testing snow ingame?

Post by OlavEmil »

Doc3d wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:22 am I somehow managed to get mine working after restarting FS a few times, which was a bit strange.
Did you get it working with the new method, or the old one?
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I just followed RM tutorial. Took a look at sky wizards video as well, but ended just following the tutorial by RM. my mistake in the beginning was that I had the wrong file path. But once I got that sorted, and could paint the seasons layer in GE, all was good except my mishap with not starting a new save, which was all my fault :)
RcDriver

Seasons And Crop Fertilizing

Post by RcDriver »

What has changed in seasons as far as fertilizing crops? I ask because I have fertilized my first crop (Wheat) once after planting,which brought the fertilized state up to around 60%. And before the seeds have matured,I fertilized the wheat again and that brought the fertilized state up to 100%. Now I may be off on the 60% fertilized state,but not too far off. I'm not complaining because I like the whole seasons thing,I'm just wondering if it's a bug.
Guil

Re: Seasons And Crop Fertilizing

Post by Guil »

There's 3 stages of fertilising now with seasons.
Tylercheesey1986

Re: Seasons - thank you.

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I will setup a PayPall account, seems safest to me, then I will send in my donations, $30 AU seems good to me, seasons 17 was awesome so 19 is easy worth 30 bucks to me
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Thanks.

I also finally discovered that I had an incomplete file path for the seasonsMask file. I pathed it with mapDE/*filename*, when it in fact requires maps/mapDE/*filename*. The main purpose with asking was to see if anyone else had made it, as I am pretty sure Realismus knows how to do this alot better than me, so I am not one to say their tutorial is wrong :P . A perfect case of the blind assisting the deaf.

Now I wonder what features I am missing by using the old RM tutorial, and not the new one posted this morning...
george.earlslight

Re: Seasons on Ravenport.

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:19 pm They have said numerous times that Rahkiin was hired because of his skills, not to work on seasons.
Like I said "My totally uninformed guess".
Also, working in the studio for various projects doesn't mean he can supervise Seasons, which is what I originally meant.
BoxTunnel

Seasons bug or ancient PC?

Post by BoxTunnel »

The day before FS19 was released my gaming PC broke, so I have been playing on a five year old laptop. The game runs pretty well on medium settings, although I do get the odd stutter every now and then.

However, after installing Seasons, I've found that after five or ten minutes or so that the game gets very laggy to the point of becoming unplayable.

I'm thinking this because all the added extras that come with the mod are overwhelming my poor little laptop, as the exact same map (Fehlsbrunn) with the same machinery runs absolutely fine when the mod is disabled. However, I wanted to see if anyone else was having similar issues?
Rasping rabbit

Re: Seasons bug or ancient PC?

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Maybe due to the new season effects on trees. There was an issue with one of the patches from giants where they changed something with the shaders. Some people reported lag/stuttering until they had driven around the map fully.

Maybe the same issue?
FarmBoss

Re: Seasons on Ravenport.

Post by FarmBoss »

wombles wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:14 am
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:26 pm Yes, Giants must be happy. Their game is finally complete. All they had to do is wait patiently for other people unrelated to the company, and working for free.

Can't wait to jump in myself!
Define working for free. On their web site you will find a donate button, which in my opinion should be used by those that use seasons.
Sure, I can define working for free. I meant the owners of the game didn't have to pay for the biggest improvements to their game.
So, to reword it, Giants had their game completed for them for free.
george.earlslight

Re: Seasons and LS-modcompany mods

aklein wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:55 pm As an update I tossed in the animal screen extension last night. worked great. I could buy 40 cows very easy and it showed 40/125 to that mod is a great way to see how many animals you have in any given pen.
Thanks for reporting this.
I deactivated it out of fear of messing things up, but it's too handy to leave out.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

With every new map you install, every game update you apply, you need to build new shader cashes. This takes a lot from the system. After exploring the map for a wile, you will notice the game runs smoother every minute.
With the installment of seasons you need to build those shader cashes again. Takes some time, but it will pass.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Ah OK, that's great, I was worried I'd have to wait for a decent PC before I could use seasons!

Many thanks.